OK, 1 week and a couple hundred miles on a Dark Charcoal Limited.
Here are some initial thoughts:
I’m amazed at how nice this vehicle is... and not just for a Jeep.
My wife works for Audi, and has had multiple, and is very impressed.
From small touches like lighting in the door handles and bottle holders in the door; to the look, feel, and fit/finish of the dash, doors and seats; to the amount of technology in this thing.. it’s pretty remarkable. This is my 6th Jeep over the years, and it is head and shoulders above any previous.
As far as the Pentastar goes… I did not drive the Hemi, but find the 3.6 plenty adequate. Now, I traded in a JK so it may all be relative, but I find the engine very smooth and I’m pleased with the pick-up. I won’t be towing much so that was not a factor for me.
Some of my favorite features:
- Select-terrain. Sport mode is fun to drive.
- Panoramic sunroof.
- Love the keyless enter and go.
- The vehicle is extremely quiet. You can tell by the way the doors shut that it’s sealed very well.
- It's very comfortable. Even the (reclining/heated) back seat is very comfortable.
- There are a ton of features, most all of which can be disabled in the EVIC.
The backup camera, auto-tilting rearview mirros and sensors are nice, but I'm still adjusting. Call me old fashioned....
So far the only “issue” has been that they shipped it without the NAV unit. No problem - the dealer has already ordered it and offered a loaner while it’s installed.
If the reliability is there, this will be in my garage for a long time.