Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 09-28-2013, 09:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 547
mac5217 is on a distinguished road
First day of some quick mods on 2014 overland!

Just installed the K & N intake...and What a HUGE difference in sound. Worth the investment for that alone, sounds what you would expect a Hemi to sound like. I'm very impressed with what a difference this quick mod made! Sounds so good, I Don't even think I what to change the exhaust now...afraid it'll be too loud! Might me psychological, but I do feel a slight increase in power.
Also installed the Mopar pedal kit as we'll. Used the boiling water method for about 15mins. Maybe I got lucky, but popped it on with just brute strength in about 20 mins, no tools.

Quick thank you to everyone who posted advice on both these simple mods....helped me TREMENDOUSLY!

MAC
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-28-2013, 09:53 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 426
NavyDoc is on a distinguished road
I'm super new to this, so please excuse my ignorance, but does this void any warranty? I'm very interested in doing this mod as well.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-29-2013, 08:27 AM
berk483's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2013 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 511
Thanks: 3
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 2170
berk483 has a reputation beyond reputeberk483 has a reputation beyond reputeberk483 has a reputation beyond reputeberk483 has a reputation beyond reputeberk483 has a reputation beyond reputeberk483 has a reputation beyond reputeberk483 has a reputation beyond reputeberk483 has a reputation beyond reputeberk483 has a reputation beyond reputeberk483 has a reputation beyond reputeberk483 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDoc View Post
I'm super new to this, so please excuse my ignorance, but does this void any warranty? I'm very interested in doing this mod as well.
Nothing mentioned in the first post voids the warranty.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-29-2013, 08:23 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 426
NavyDoc is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by berk483 View Post
Nothing mentioned in the first post voids the warranty.
Thanks!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-30-2013, 07:58 PM
gharwyn's Avatar
New Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Mt Pleasant, SC
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
gharwyn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac5217 View Post
Just installed the K & N intake...and What a HUGE difference in sound. Worth the investment for that alone, sounds what you would expect a Hemi to sound like. I'm very impressed with what a difference this quick mod made! Sounds so good, I Don't even think I what to change the exhaust now...afraid it'll be too loud! Might me psychological, but I do feel a slight increase in power. Also installed the Mopar pedal kit as we'll. Used the boiling water method for about 15mins. Maybe I got lucky, but popped it on with just brute strength in about 20 mins, no tools. Quick thank you to everyone who posted advice on both these simple mods....helped me TREMENDOUSLY! MAC
Where did you get your intake? Is there a model #. Cost? And did you install yourself? Was thinking of getting this as well for 2014 Overland.

I have the pedals, but couldn't figure out how to install. Any suggestions?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 547
mac5217 is on a distinguished road
Re: First day of some quick mods on 2014 overland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gharwyn View Post
Where did you get your intake? Is there a model #. Cost? And did you install yourself? Was thinking of getting this as well for 2014 Overland.

I have the pedals, but couldn't figure out how to install. Any suggestions?
Bought the intake from Autoplicity...had the best best price and got it two days after order. about $205 including shipping. Model was K&N 77-1563PK. If you can change ur own oil...you can install ur self. K & N have a you tube video that shoiws installation. definately worth the 200 dollar price tag.

As far as the brake pedal...I soaked it in pot of boiling water for 15 minutes. made the rubber very pliable. As long as you keep the rubber soft and pliable, it makes it alot easier. I didnt even need a flathead screw driver. As stated earlier, I may have got luckey but it popped on after about 20mins of monkeying around. I started with the the left side tope and bottem corners annd just kept stretching and pulling until in popped on (sounds so dirty!)

Mac
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3 quick questions - '14 SRT mods lillyjas Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 1 09-17-2013 02:58 PM
2012 Overland with a few mods silvercls Members Rides-Showoff 4 03-05-2013 12:52 PM
Memorial Day weekend mods. Speedtech Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust 2 05-21-2012 10:58 PM
Finally did it! Picking up my new Overland monday. Quick question. JTS97Z28 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 24 03-11-2012 07:48 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community