Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 04-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1326
alan_dennis is on a distinguished road
First Post: Canadian Prices and Leasing Alternatives

Hello Jeep Garage members. I am from Toronto area and heading back into Jeep country, since my 2001 Grand Cherokee. I have decided on an Overland but still tossing the V6-V8 decision around (plenty of comments already on that subject for me to digest). I am curious how any fellow Canadians may have landed their Jeeps now that Chrysler is not leasing. They offer Customer Choice Financing but it is over $100/month more (36 month plan) than a traditional lease. Can we share some negotiated prices and payment schemes (US members might want to shield their eyes at the ~$50K+ pricing)

Alan
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-01-2011, 07:11 PM
White Chocolate's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2005 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 8,336
Thanks: 8
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 0
White Chocolate is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: First Post: Canadian Prices and Leasing Alternatives

Welcome!!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-04-2011, 01:34 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 545
Thanks: 13
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 2076
netcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond reputenetcoolery has a reputation beyond repute
Re: First Post: Canadian Prices and Leasing Alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_dennis View Post
Hello Jeep Garage members. I am from Toronto area and heading back into Jeep country, since my 2001 Grand Cherokee. I have decided on an Overland but still tossing the V6-V8 decision around (plenty of comments already on that subject for me to digest). I am curious how any fellow Canadians may have landed their Jeeps now that Chrysler is not leasing. They offer Customer Choice Financing but it is over $100/month more (36 month plan) than a traditional lease. Can we share some negotiated prices and payment schemes (US members might want to shield their eyes at the ~$50K+ pricing)

Alan
On the V6 - V8 thing: Drive them both! If possible, drive them on the type of roads you want them to perform on. Then once you've made your mind up, you can safely ignore most of the V6-V8 chatter

That's what I did. I live in a hilly area - in fact I go up and down a little bit of mountain every day to go home. So even though I don't tow, I had to be sure that the V6 would do the job on the hills.

Once I drove the V-6, I realized it would be just fine. But that was for me, no one else. Do your own comparison and make your own choice.

And, oh yeah... welcome!
__________________
2011 Overland Summit
Rugged Brown
Off Road Group II
Michelin LTX A/T2
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-04-2011, 01:35 AM
MasterWK's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2010 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 1,141
Thanks: 3
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 2546
MasterWK has a reputation beyond repute
Re: First Post: Canadian Prices and Leasing Alternatives

Welcome to JeepGarage!
__________________
-Ryan
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-04-2011, 01:38 AM
boldd's Avatar
www.bold-design.ca
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 157
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1506
boldd is on a distinguished road
Re: First Post: Canadian Prices and Leasing Alternatives

Order date: January 29, 2011
Dealer: Derrick Dodge
City: Edmonton
Province: Alberta
Delivery Status: KZ, on it's way, estimated arrival April 12th.
Engine: V8
Model: Overland
Colour: Mineral Grey/Black Leather
Add on packages: None
MSRP: $53,895 incl. freight, PDI (excluding Tax)
Final sale: $51,800 incl. freight, PDI & GST (5%)
Financing: 3.0% for 60 months, $500 deposit
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-04-2011, 09:36 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 121
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1658
CapecodJeep is on a distinguished road
Re: First Post: Canadian Prices and Leasing Alternatives

Chrysler is offering leasing on US WK2s. The entity, Chrysler Finance is no longer par of Chrysler, now under another name and company.
__________________
CapecodJeep
2011 GC Overland Hemi 4x4
Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Saddle/Black interior, ACC Pkg.
Accessories Added: Chrome foglight bezels, pedal dress-up kit, illuminated sills, Sill Protectors, slush mats/cargo protector.
ordered:9/9/2010
took delivery:12/29/2011 :thumbsup:
previous ride 2008 GC Overland Hemi
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-04-2011, 11:40 AM
RageOfFury's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,372
Thanks: 97
Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
Rep Power: 11282
RageOfFury has a reputation beyond reputeRageOfFury has a reputation beyond reputeRageOfFury has a reputation beyond reputeRageOfFury has a reputation beyond reputeRageOfFury has a reputation beyond reputeRageOfFury has a reputation beyond reputeRageOfFury has a reputation beyond reputeRageOfFury has a reputation beyond reputeRageOfFury has a reputation beyond reputeRageOfFury has a reputation beyond reputeRageOfFury has a reputation beyond repute
Re: First Post: Canadian Prices and Leasing Alternatives

V6 Laredo 'E' w/Trailer Tow Group
MSRP : 40 170$CDN
Paid : 43 113$CDN (incl. QST(8.5%), GST(5%), Destination & A/C fees).
Financing : 3.0% for 60 months, 1000$ down.
I also had the tires changed for free (would of cost me ~1100$ if I had to pay for them)
__________________
2011 WK2 Laredo E V6 4x4
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1551
ghouston is on a distinguished road
Re: First Post: Canadian Prices and Leasing Alternatives

boldd,

Was your total of $51800 after adding in the $1400 freight and the 5% GST?

The MSRP for the Overland I ordered was $55645.
Dealer invoice was $51963, minus $700 factory to dealer holdback. (quoted the price Consumer Reports gave me)
Agreed on purchase price of $52533 plus tax. All fees included in that price.
Still debating on 3.0% for 5 years or 7.
The only other dealer in the Province that could beat my price was Langley, but not enough to justify the cost of heading that far south.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-04-2011, 12:25 PM
boldd's Avatar
www.bold-design.ca
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 157
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1506
boldd is on a distinguished road
Re: First Post: Canadian Prices and Leasing Alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapecodJeep View Post
Chrysler is offering leasing on US WK2s. The entity, Chrysler Finance is no longer par of Chrysler, now under another name and company.
I Believe TD bought out Chrysler Financing...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-04-2011, 12:32 PM
boldd's Avatar
www.bold-design.ca
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 157
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1506
boldd is on a distinguished road
Re: First Post: Canadian Prices and Leasing Alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghouston View Post
boldd,

Was your total of $51800 after adding in the $1400 freight and the 5% GST?

The MSRP for the Overland I ordered was $55645.
Dealer invoice was $51963, minus $700 factory to dealer holdback. (quoted the price Consumer Reports gave me)
Agreed on purchase price of $52533 plus tax. All fees included in that price.
Still debating on 3.0% for 5 years or 7.
The only other dealer in the Province that could beat my price was Langley, but not enough to justify the cost of heading that far south.
Yes, including GST, Freight, PDI, etc, I paid $51,800. They are trying however to get me to bay that $395 admin fee or whatever, but I refuse to as my deal was conditional on a deal received by a coworker who took the same vehcile off the lot the day I ordered. But even if I pay that minor $395 +/-, I'm still getting a great deal. I have to love paying only GST and no HST!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1551
ghouston is on a distinguished road
Re: First Post: Canadian Prices and Leasing Alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldd View Post
Yes, including GST, Freight, PDI, etc, I paid $51,800. They are trying however to get me to bay that $395 admin fee or whatever, but I refuse to as my deal was conditional on a deal received by a coworker who took the same vehcile off the lot the day I ordered. But even if I pay that minor $395 +/-, I'm still getting a great deal. I have to love paying only GST and no HST!
3.6 or 5.7?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-04-2011, 02:44 PM
boldd's Avatar
www.bold-design.ca
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 157
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1506
boldd is on a distinguished road
Re: First Post: Canadian Prices and Leasing Alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghouston View Post
3.6 or 5.7?
5.7l
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HELP! First Post: Leasing a Laredo X package...Is this a good lease deal???? pumpumdr Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 18 05-24-2011 09:56 AM
U Connect Alternatives??? hush Audio/Visual/Navigation 2 01-22-2011 10:36 AM
Alpine REC Dimensions? - Alternatives Blutarsky Grand Cherokee - WK 7 11-30-2010 12:52 PM
Canadian Dealer Invoice Prices?? topsailstar Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 21 11-06-2010 12:09 PM
So...HID high beams are a bad idea....alternatives? TheAngryMinnow Grand Cherokee - WK 11 11-01-2010 09:29 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.