For those who drive a Hemi 5.7 - Page 15 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #169  
Old 03-19-2016, 08:34 PM
prodigy1979's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Lacey, Washington
Posts: 119
Thanks: 51
Thanked 32 Times in 18 Posts
Rep Power: 15240
prodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: For those who drive a Hemi 5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongjeff View Post
it depends on the situation. straight up acceleration the 5.7 is only slightly quicker. sure the 5.7 makes more power but honestly the difference between the 5.7 and 3.6 is only truly noticeable when towing and at lower speeds.



who's comparing a 3.6 to an srt anyway?





but since you, in a earlier post said "unless you put a blower on it" I feel you should go talk to Ajag. another member here. id put money on his 3.6 walking on your almighty 6.4

Lol, yeah I saw that video on YouTube... Where it was like 8psi or 10psi on the V6 that put 400hp to the wheels... I doubt he'd "walk me" though. If I put a blower on mine, then what would your argument be? I've done every performance part I can to mine aside from adding a blower, and I'm in the high to mid 12's. Always room for improvement though.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #170  
Old 03-19-2016, 08:34 PM
Jsboening's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2015 6.4L SRT WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Rockford, MI
Posts: 1,145
Thanks: 190
Thanked 274 Times in 214 Posts
Rep Power: 2656
Jsboening has a reputation beyond reputeJsboening has a reputation beyond reputeJsboening has a reputation beyond reputeJsboening has a reputation beyond reputeJsboening has a reputation beyond reputeJsboening has a reputation beyond reputeJsboening has a reputation beyond reputeJsboening has a reputation beyond reputeJsboening has a reputation beyond reputeJsboening has a reputation beyond reputeJsboening has a reputation beyond repute
Re: For those who drive a Hemi 5.7

Another tread...gone astray.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 03-19-2016, 08:39 PM
Strongjeff's Avatar
Project Six Shooter / ROUSH Prototype Tech

My Jeep: 2008 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Woodhaven, MI
Posts: 8,990
Thanks: 417
Thanked 666 Times in 597 Posts
Rep Power: 340151
Strongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: For those who drive a Hemi 5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigy1979 View Post
Dude, get over yourself. I'm an asshole now? My story is straight... You've commented on almost every post I've made in any topic. You get your feelings hurt easily dude, always getting up in arms any time someone says something you don't agree with, as a Soldier myself... It speaks volumes. And that "rice burner" was a piece of crap, I was 17 and paid cash for it as a first car. And yes, the V6 is weak in comparison to the V8, regardless if its the 5.7 or the 6.4... You're only kidding yourself if you think otherwise. You specifically mentioned the eclipse GST (v6) as well, just thought I'd correct you on the same thing twice.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
are you kidding me?!?! you didn't even read what I said did you? this is the first thread ive ever talked to you, you've got me confused with someone else

you think playing the soldier card means anything to me? you should be ashamed of yourself going on the attack because someone else has a motor you don't agree with. you get over yourself

and once again, I need to set you straight. below is my first and original response to anything in any thread. feel free to point out where I said you had a V6. go ahead I'm waiting.

BTW I never said GST, I SAID GSX. both of which don't have the V6. both of which came out from 90-99. no eclipse in that year range had a v6 and the only reason I mentioned them is because they ARE the FAST models. The 3rd gen eclipse V6 is a turd as are the 4th gens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongjeff View Post
Comparing a over 2 ton vehicle with a v6 to a sport compact that tips the scales under 2900#'s and then complaining that the jeep has no power? Really guy? Even if you had a eclipse gsx (you know, the 210hp 4g63 turbo) it still makes less power at the crank then the pentastar makes at the wheel.

Your logic is flawed. Obviously a smaller lighter car will "feel" faster then any suv on the road

Nope, no mention of a GST or that YOU HAD A V6. get your story straight. I'm done here, you cant even get your facts straight to present a valid argument. go troll somewhere else
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 03-19-2016, 08:42 PM
Strongjeff's Avatar
Project Six Shooter / ROUSH Prototype Tech

My Jeep: 2008 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Woodhaven, MI
Posts: 8,990
Thanks: 417
Thanked 666 Times in 597 Posts
Rep Power: 340151
Strongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: For those who drive a Hemi 5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigy1979 View Post
Lol, yeah I saw that video on YouTube... Where it was like 8psi or 10psi on the V6 that put 400hp to the wheels... I doubt he'd "walk me" though. If I put a blower on mine, then what would your argument be? I've done every performance part I can to mine aside from adding a blower, and I'm in the high to mid 12's. Always room for improvement though.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
you lie. if you've seriously done everything aside from a blower you'd be much faster then just mid-high 12's. come on guy stop the bs


oh and Ajag's jeep is pushing 14# and 405 on a very conservative tune. if your "running mid-high 12's" as you say, he will walk you
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 03-19-2016, 08:49 PM
prodigy1979's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Lacey, Washington
Posts: 119
Thanks: 51
Thanked 32 Times in 18 Posts
Rep Power: 15240
prodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: For those who drive a Hemi 5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongjeff View Post
are you kidding me?!?! you didn't even read what I said did you? this is the first thread ive ever talked to you, you've got me confused with someone else



you think playing the soldier card means anything to me? you should be ashamed of yourself going on the attack because someone else has a motor you don't agree with. you get over yourself



and once again, I need to set you straight. below is my first and original response to anything in any thread. feel free to point out where I said you had a V6. go ahead I'm waiting.



BTW I never said GST, I SAID GSX. both of which don't have the V6. both of which came out from 90-99. no eclipse in that year range had a v6 and the only reason I mentioned them is because they ARE the FAST models. The 3rd gen eclipse V6 is a turd as are the 4th gens









Nope, no mention of a GST or that YOU HAD A V6. get your story straight. I'm done here, you cant even get your facts straight to present a valid argument. go troll somewhere else

Whatever dude... Just look up the "Fake SRTs" thread, that I created, and you're all over it. How else would I have known you're a soldier or were one, stationed a Campbell with an "SRT6" badge??? Maybe is misread what you said about the eclipse, but I certainly don't forget talking to people. And I certainly don't give a 5hit if the "soldier card" means anything to you. GT score of what, 80??


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 03-19-2016, 08:49 PM
JTS97Z28's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 3,877
Thanks: 90
Thanked 627 Times in 458 Posts
Rep Power: 28829
JTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond reputeJTS97Z28 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: For those who drive a Hemi 5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigy1979 View Post
12.8 1/4 mile... But who's counting.
Sorry, I just did a quick google search of the 2014/2015 SRT 1/4 times and didn't see anything except low to mid 13 second runs. Not only that but they were only at like 104mph. Anyway whatever this thread isn't about the SRT. For 20 more grand I would hope it's a lot faster.
__________________
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, Bright White, V6, HK audio
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 03-19-2016, 08:51 PM
Strongjeff's Avatar
Project Six Shooter / ROUSH Prototype Tech

My Jeep: 2008 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Woodhaven, MI
Posts: 8,990
Thanks: 417
Thanked 666 Times in 597 Posts
Rep Power: 340151
Strongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: For those who drive a Hemi 5.7

seriously, I'm done here. heres my stance on it.

enjoy the motor you paid for whether or not it suits your needs, don't let anyone put you don't because they feel insecure about what they drive or feel the need to talk down on people.

you paid for it, you enjoy it
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Strongjeff For This Useful Post:
  #176  
Old 03-19-2016, 08:53 PM
prodigy1979's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Lacey, Washington
Posts: 119
Thanks: 51
Thanked 32 Times in 18 Posts
Rep Power: 15240
prodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: For those who drive a Hemi 5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongjeff View Post
you lie. if you've seriously done everything aside from a blower you'd be much faster then just mid-high 12's. come on guy stop the bs





oh and Ajag's jeep is pushing 14# and 405 on a very conservative tune. if your "running mid-high 12's" as you say, he will walk you

Which shows you're a complete idiot. Conservative tune my ass. Get me a video of him running a better time at the track... Not some highway roll race bs either. 14psi and only 405hp... Hahaha. Stop man, my sides are hurting. Jesus you're a hater. Must be a specialist.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 03-19-2016, 08:55 PM
prodigy1979's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Lacey, Washington
Posts: 119
Thanks: 51
Thanked 32 Times in 18 Posts
Rep Power: 15240
prodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: For those who drive a Hemi 5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongjeff View Post
seriously, I'm done here. heres my stance on it.

enjoy the motor you paid for whether or not it suits your needs, don't let anyone put you don't because they feel insecure about what they drive or feel the need to talk down on people.

you paid for it, you enjoy it

See... All this could've been avoided. You summed it up exactly the way I feel too. I never bashed you or your jeep until you made something impersonal, personal. Take care dude. I do like your jeep, you've done great work on it.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 03-19-2016, 08:57 PM
Strongjeff's Avatar
Project Six Shooter / ROUSH Prototype Tech

My Jeep: 2008 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Woodhaven, MI
Posts: 8,990
Thanks: 417
Thanked 666 Times in 597 Posts
Rep Power: 340151
Strongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: For those who drive a Hemi 5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigy1979 View Post
Whatever dude... Just look up the "Fake SRTs" thread, that I created, and you're all over it. How else would I have known you're a soldier or were one, stationed a Campbell with an "SRT6" badge??? Maybe is misread what you said about the eclipse, but I certainly don't forget talking to people. And I certainly don't give a 5hit if the "soldier card" means anything to you. GT score of what, 80??


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
see now your taking it to a personal level. I have never once attacked you personally. back TF off. but since me badging my jeep as an SRT 6 bothers you soooo much (As if they made a SRT 6 Jeep) just like I don't go around creating threads to bash on other people or even the fact you wanna stalk my build thread or facebook or whatever.

I don't forget people either, but I'm 100% certain my GT is 110 so I assume the 80 you mentioned is yours...if you really are/were a soldier. what infantry? would explain your lack or reading comprehension or your poor logic.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 03-19-2016, 08:59 PM
Strongjeff's Avatar
Project Six Shooter / ROUSH Prototype Tech

My Jeep: 2008 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Woodhaven, MI
Posts: 8,990
Thanks: 417
Thanked 666 Times in 597 Posts
Rep Power: 340151
Strongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: For those who drive a Hemi 5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodigy1979 View Post
Which shows you're a complete idiot. Conservative tune my ass. Get me a video of him running a better time at the track... Not some highway roll race bs either. 14psi and only 405hp... Hahaha. Stop man, my sides are hurting. Jesus you're a hater. Must be a specialist.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
here, ill link his thread
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 03-19-2016, 09:00 PM
prodigy1979's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Lacey, Washington
Posts: 119
Thanks: 51
Thanked 32 Times in 18 Posts
Rep Power: 15240
prodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond reputeprodigy1979 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: For those who drive a Hemi 5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 View Post
Sorry, I just did a quick google search of the 2014/2015 SRT 1/4 times and didn't see anything except low to mid 13 second runs. Not only that but they were only at like 104mph. Anyway whatever this thread isn't about the SRT. For 20 more grand I would hope it's a lot faster.

I honestly don't know how this got out of control. I was just saying the V6 wasn't comparable to the V8 and people get upset. I certainly wasn't trying to cause issues. Stock is like 13.6 1/4 mile, I've done a lot of work to mine, always chasing that next 10th of a second at the track. I'm @ 12.8... I think I could be 12.6 by now, but will have to wait until May to know for sure.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
hemi

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Let's See Those HEMI Badges ! billt Visual Modifications 31 09-11-2016 03:49 PM
Question for those who change their own oil (Hemi) 14 GC Engine Performance/Intakes/Exhausts 14 04-03-2016 10:17 PM
For those with the Hemi engine, 87 or 89 octane? NHman Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 39 09-15-2015 07:00 AM
feedback on those running an under drive pulley Awdbeast Engine Performance/Intakes and Exhausts/Superchargers/Turbos 0 04-03-2015 12:47 PM
Question for those who annoyed by Hemi tick JoeSchmoe007 Grand Cherokee - WK 1 09-19-2010 01:43 PM

» Premium Vendor Showcase
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.