Originally Posted by barthjf
Is there a far and near setting for FCW? I don't remember seeing that anywhere. I am aware that ACC has multiple distances you can change.
I think so. This is what the manual says:
"Changing FCW And Active Braking Status
To change the FCW and Active Braking settings with
Uconnect® 8.4/8.4A System Screen — if equipped.
NOTE: The settings can only be changed when the
vehicle is in PARK.
Follow these steps to set the FCW and Active Braking:
1. Press the “Controls” soft-key located on the bottom of
the Uconnect® display.
2. Press the “Settings” soft-key.
3. Press the “Safety & Driving Assistance” soft-key.
4. Press the “FWD Collision Warning”, Far or Near
soft-key for your desired preference.
5. Press the “Active Braking” On or Off soft-key.
NOTE: A check mark will appear in the selection box to
indicate the setting.
If you are getting it to often I would try switching it to 'Near'. I think the engine needs to be running, otherwise the setting will not stick/save - don't ask why. Also to check them you need to have the car running. In ACC they show something, you click something and it immediately goes back to defaults. Not sure if it is a bug or a feature.