Has anyone installed front parking sensors on non-Summit / non-SRT trims?
I have a 2014 Limited which has the same navi (RA4) as those two "upper" trims. I am interested in adding them to the front of the car. I am committed to the MyGig LockPick and a front camera but since I will be taking the bumper off, I might as well add these.
Just like with my other efforts to retrofit active cruise control with STOP, the answer I got from the Chrysler engineers is that it is not advisable to modify (without any helpful information) - not that it is technologically impossible.
Apparently these are the sensors for the back (of which I have 4) and I probably need 6 for the front. I would settle for a kit of 4 universal Mopar parking Sensors
. I will probably manage to drill the holes with the overpriced drill tool
and I will most likely manage to convince the dealership to reflash the system and add them. I have several questions before I go further with the project:
1) are the universal parking sensors for the rear the same as the front? The Australians have a specific part number for them
and these sensors are sold apparently as an accessory for Laredo.
2) where do you connect the sensors ? do you connect them into another module (most likely) and then where do you connect the module to the rest of the electric infrastructure?
3) has anyone done it for the front of the car?
4) do I really need 6 or can I get away with 4 sensors only (Summits/SRTs have 6 front sensors)
5) Is anyone else in Chicago also interested and willing to tackle this project together?
And somewhat related - what type of connector does the factory rear backup camera have? Can it be connected to a Lockpick (i suspect not).