Originally Posted by protect1989
Maybe a better solution would be for the mirrors to automatically fold upon locking the car and automatically unfold when you unlock the vehicle. That would solve the problem.
That would defeat the purpose of folding mirrors: to get them out of the way in tight spots. If you're already outside the vehicle or approaching it, you don't get the benefit, especially if you're using the handle controls to lock and unlock your vehicle.
The better method would be to have light with an element that tilts outward when the mirror folds in or simply locate it at the outer most corner of the headlight housing so it doesn't get blocked by the curve of the body.
At any rate, my wish list:
- A menu option (along with the other similar ones) to allow the vehicle to automatically lock after the fob leaves the vehicle for a pre-selected time (10 sec., 30 sec., 1 min., 5 min., and never).
- Foot activated lift gate.
- Front bumper/grill camera that engages in 4 Low.
- An option for built in loop video recording system that uses both the above mentioned front camera and rear cam to provide a "dash cam" function. The system could run in loop mode or in continuous record mode, with automatic deletion of old files. It would record to either a USB flash drive or SD card. Cameras would need to be 720p or better.
- Direct compatibility with I-tunes play lists.
- The ability to load additional approved apps, such as diagnostic tools, other mapping and GPS programs, gas usage logs, calendars, etc.
- Related to the above, the ability to sync all data with smart phones, including calendars, etc. This would also allow GPS data to be pulled from address information in the phone listings.
- More under floor storage in the cargo area.
- Change the transmission shift patterns so that when my foot is on the brake while slowing down, it won't shift down gear by gear. Instead, it would simply come out of gear and pop into the appropriate gear for the speed when I take my foot off the brake. Also, engine braking on hills should only occur when in a snow, sand or other conditional mode - or when using the following wish list item:
- a one touch trailer tow mode that would delete the two upper most gears, adjust shift points for more power, utilize engine braking on hills, turn off backup warnings and provide a "test mode" for trailer wiring that would cycle through all lights in a loop so you can check them when hitching up alone. This mode would allow the rear camera to act as a cargo cam.
- Push button parking brake on the console or dash instead of the pedal.
- a front lower air dam that can actually function as a skid plate instead of the silly plastic thing you have to remove.
- Give me a couple more inches of standard ground clearance to allow me to roll under the vehicle with a creeper without jacking it up. I can kind of do it, but some spots are just too tight and I'm definitely not working under there that way. I miss the clearance of my F150 when changing the oil.
- Get rid of the useless flashlight and give me a built in air compressor option that would have a combination vac/high pressure blower function.
- More and better mounting points in the cargo area for nets, organizers, emergency supplies, etc. That includes both on the floor and the side walls.
- Bring back the remote vent feature.
- Provide a double tap option for the panic button that would simply flash the lights and toot the horn twice as a locator function.
- After the first 30 days, let me agree permanently to the warnings about the touch screen. Seriously, I get it. Stop with the warning already.
- A proper bottle jack instead of that silly scissor jack along with clearly marked jack points on the vehicle.
- Edited to add: a "drive-in theater/software update" mode you could activate in the menu to allow the stereo and power points to remain on until you manually shut it off or the key fob has left the vehicle for more than 30 minutes. That way, if you're watching a movie in a drive in, projecting a movie at an outdoor party or updating the software/firmware, you won't have to keep turning the accessory mode back on. For safety, it would have to be activated at each vehicle start or activation of the accessory mode.