Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 01-09-2014, 09:15 PM
WK2OverlandII's Avatar
Quadra-Drive
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Clinton, Co. PA
Posts: 344
Thanks: 60
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 1822
WK2OverlandII is on a distinguished road
Re: Good Price for V8 Overland

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_de View Post
The only thing that might make you think about the build date is the option to have quadra lift go into exit/entry mode automatically. The early builds do not, a will not, have this option available. If I had it I'm not sure I would use it since I am usually out the door as soon as the car stops. Pushing the button as you approach your parking spot has the car lowered when you get there.

My March build had a few glitches. All have been solved with a few dealer visits, none lasting more than a couple of hours.


---
The one that he's looking at says it has Quadra-Lift on the sticker. I would say look at the VIN if the numbers higher than yours it was probably built after if lower more than likely before yours. Mine is EC3655XX and was built in November.
__________________

__________________
2014 JGC Limited - Granite/Black - 3.0L ECODiesel - LUX II - NAV - Off Road II- Block Heater.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-09-2014, 09:22 PM
2014GC's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Atlanta Ga.
Posts: 227
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 843
2014GC is on a distinguished road
Re: Good Price for V8 Overland

Also on any vehicle that has a early build date have the service department show you that all the updates have been completed and give you copies. If anyone thinks they pull vehicles off the new car lot to do the updates they are sadly mistaken.The updates don't pay a service tech for the amount of time it takes to get the keys,have a service writer right it up and pull it into the shop. Demos especially. Unfortunately the job of the showroom is to sell the vehicles not to schedule them for service.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-15-2014, 11:46 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Northern California
Posts: 67
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Rep Power: 555
roots4x has a reputation beyond reputeroots4x has a reputation beyond reputeroots4x has a reputation beyond reputeroots4x has a reputation beyond reputeroots4x has a reputation beyond reputeroots4x has a reputation beyond reputeroots4x has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Good Price for V8 Overland

Quote:
Originally Posted by de0x View Post
Well, after talking with the dealership a bit raised some red flags. Price listed on their website wasn't really the price. Additionally, it was a demo vehicle for the GM w/ somewhere upwards of 5,000 miles, for $2-3k more than they said the price actually was, I could go with one of the quotes I got from other dealerships without the miles.

Felt like a bait and switch along with terrible reviews about their service department, continuing my search with other dealerships.

I'd say that the age old saying "if it's too good to be true" applies.
Yeah I was going to say I just picked up an October V6 Overland for 43,150. $44k for a new V8 Overland with ATG is an amazing deal. Too bad. Keep lookin.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-18-2014, 02:33 PM
Roger Ramjet's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Fl
Posts: 123
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 20348
Roger Ramjet has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Ramjet has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Ramjet has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Ramjet has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Ramjet has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Ramjet has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Ramjet has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Ramjet has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Ramjet has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Ramjet has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Ramjet has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Good Price for V8 Overland

Quote:
Originally Posted by de0x View Post
Well, after talking with the dealership a bit raised some red flags. Price listed on their website wasn't really the price. Additionally, it was a demo vehicle for the GM w/ somewhere upwards of 5,000 miles, for $2-3k more than they said the price actually was, I could go with one of the quotes I got from other dealerships without the miles.

Felt like a bait and switch along with terrible reviews about their service department, continuing my search with other dealerships.

I'd say that the age old saying "if it's too good to be true" applies.
Yeah, that is typical of some dealers here (South Florida) as well. I see the 6k discount and go speak with them and it goes like this: Well, that price is with every discount there is, but you only qualify for 1 (of the 5), so price way up right there. Then there are dealer add on fees, etc.

Didn't see the 5000 mile demo thing coming though. I just traded a 2012 V6 Laredo for a 2014 V8 Overland and the dealer above only got to about 31k out the door while the dealer I purchased from got to 27k. Shop around, get out the door quotes and check here if you have questions, lots of very knowledgeable members here. You can do well with a little patience.
__________________
2014 Crystal Granite Overland 4X4, Hemi, QDII, Advanced Technology Package, 20" Wheels.
2012 Laredo (Traded on 2014 Overland)
1997 Laredo (Traded on 2004 Touareg)
1989 Limited (Traded on 1997 Laredo)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-19-2014, 04:25 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2013 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 101
Thanks: 4
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 469
devilsadvocate is on a distinguished road
Re: Good Price for V8 Overland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ramjet View Post
Yeah, that is typical of some dealers here (South Florida) as well. I see the 6k discount and go speak with them and it goes like this: Well, that price is with every discount there is, but you only qualify for 1 (of the 5), so price way up right there. Then there are dealer add on fees, etc.

Didn't see the 5000 mile demo thing coming though. I just traded a 2012 V6 Laredo for a 2014 V8 Overland and the dealer above only got to about 31k out the door while the dealer I purchased from got to 27k. Shop around, get out the door quotes and check here if you have questions, lots of very knowledgeable members here. You can do well with a little patience.
Had exactly the same thing with the markups. It was absolutely infuriating to the extent that I started looking at other brands. Do people seriously ever come in and hear that the price is $4k more than they thought and just pay it? So I was emailing various dealerships "just give me the final price" and basically no one gave me a straight answer. Everyone tried to get me to come in, speak to salesmen, etc. Horrible. By the way, the reason I try to do internet shopping is because I HATE haggling. I demand that the price be agreed upon before I show up to the lot. I don't have much free time and hate wasting it.

Ended up getting a 2013 from an Audi dealership for a great price, but what was most remarkable was how different the experience was. I contact them off of an internet advertised website, asked for the final price, expecting a bunch of nonsense. Instead, I got (within an hour) a final price that was just the listed price + title/registration and tax. That was it. I came in to look at it, there was zero pressure or gimmicks. I got handed refreshments there, they setup financing at a great rate and gave me a solid value on my trade-in. They then drove it to my work and picked up my trade in for free. Jeep really needs to take notes and question why I had a much better experience buying a Jeep from Audi than I did trying to buy one from Jeep.

Anyway, if you want a new Jeep and no BS I suggest getting in on one of the group buys. I was going to do that but the deal I got was too good to pass up.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-20-2014, 01:03 PM
Roger Ramjet's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Fl
Posts: 123
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 20348
Roger Ramjet has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Ramjet has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Ramjet has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Ramjet has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Ramjet has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Ramjet has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Ramjet has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Ramjet has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Ramjet has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Ramjet has a reputation beyond reputeRoger Ramjet has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Good Price for V8 Overland

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsadvocate View Post
Had exactly the same thing with the markups. It was absolutely infuriating to the extent that I started looking at other brands. Do people seriously ever come in and hear that the price is $4k more than they thought and just pay it? So I was emailing various dealerships "just give me the final price" and basically no one gave me a straight answer. Everyone tried to get me to come in, speak to salesmen, etc. Horrible. By the way, the reason I try to do internet shopping is because I HATE haggling. I demand that the price be agreed upon before I show up to the lot. I don't have much free time and hate wasting it.

Ended up getting a 2013 from an Audi dealership for a great price, but what was most remarkable was how different the experience was. I contact them off of an internet advertised website, asked for the final price, expecting a bunch of nonsense. Instead, I got (within an hour) a final price that was just the listed price + title/registration and tax. That was it. I came in to look at it, there was zero pressure or gimmicks. I got handed refreshments there, they setup financing at a great rate and gave me a solid value on my trade-in. They then drove it to my work and picked up my trade in for free. Jeep really needs to take notes and question why I had a much better experience buying a Jeep from Audi than I did trying to buy one from Jeep.

Anyway, if you want a new Jeep and no BS I suggest getting in on one of the group buys. I was going to do that but the deal I got was too good to pass up.
I had a better experience here in the West Palm Beach area. The dealer I started with was Napletons who gave me the initial high number. Their ad stated they were giving up to 5000.00 over KBB price on your trade. If that were true, I could have gotten the Overland for about 20 grand. Their best out the door price while I was at their site was 31,700. Since then I went back to Arrigo which is the largest dealer around and from whom I bought the 2012 V6 Laredo I was trading. Their first quote over the phone was 29k, but eventually the salesman texted me the 26999 number. I texted that number to Napletons who still just keeps saying "come on in, we can beat that number." In the meantime, a friend who sells Cadillac in Lake Wales knows all the Jeep dealers up there and he had one of them give me a call. I gave them the VIN for my trade and the VIN for the Overland and he ran the numbers. He said "that's a pretty good deal, I can't do any better for you and it's a long way up here (about 2.5 hour drive)." So I went with Arrigo. Still getting text message from the Napletons guy who still won't text me a price... I texted him the number saying it was out the door plus tag and title (which was $84.00). His last text said he could beat the 26999.00 plus tax and tag number. I texted back that the number included tax and have not heard back...

Like you I want an out the door figure to work with and though it took a 2nd try with Arrigo; at least they were willing to communicate the information to me without having to go there.
__________________
2014 Crystal Granite Overland 4X4, Hemi, QDII, Advanced Technology Package, 20" Wheels.
2012 Laredo (Traded on 2014 Overland)
1997 Laredo (Traded on 2004 Touareg)
1989 Limited (Traded on 1997 Laredo)
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-20-2014, 03:02 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2013 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 101
Thanks: 4
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 469
devilsadvocate is on a distinguished road
Re: Good Price for V8 Overland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Ramjet View Post
I had a better experience here in the West Palm Beach area. The dealer I started with was Napletons who gave me the initial high number. Their ad stated they were giving up to 5000.00 over KBB price on your trade. If that were true, I could have gotten the Overland for about 20 grand. Their best out the door price while I was at their site was 31,700. Since then I went back to Arrigo which is the largest dealer around and from whom I bought the 2012 V6 Laredo I was trading. Their first quote over the phone was 29k, but eventually the salesman texted me the 26999 number. I texted that number to Napletons who still just keeps saying "come on in, we can beat that number." In the meantime, a friend who sells Cadillac in Lake Wales knows all the Jeep dealers up there and he had one of them give me a call. I gave them the VIN for my trade and the VIN for the Overland and he ran the numbers. He said "that's a pretty good deal, I can't do any better for you and it's a long way up here (about 2.5 hour drive)." So I went with Arrigo. Still getting text message from the Napletons guy who still won't text me a price... I texted him the number saying it was out the door plus tag and title (which was $84.00). His last text said he could beat the 26999.00 plus tax and tag number. I texted back that the number included tax and have not heard back...

Like you I want an out the door figure to work with and though it took a 2nd try with Arrigo; at least they were willing to communicate the information to me without having to go there.
Yeah, I unfortunately dealt with a dozen dealerships with various levels of nonsense. The only straight response I got was one dealership informing me that they couldn't match a prior offer posted on this board (that still would have been more than the group buy). But maybe this is a NYC area problem.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-21-2014, 08:58 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 84
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1502
mofeen has a reputation beyond reputemofeen has a reputation beyond reputemofeen has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Good Price for V8 Overland

I got a 2014 Hemi Overland with advanced technology and Quadra drive for 47,800. MSRP was 53 ish if i remember. It was new with 20 miles on the odometer.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-21-2014, 12:49 PM
Shannon's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lakeville, MN
Posts: 1,366
Thanks: 222
Thanked 184 Times in 113 Posts
Rep Power: 9879
Shannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond reputeShannon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Good Price for V8 Overland

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofeen View Post
I got a 2014 Hemi Overland with advanced technology and Quadra drive for 47,800. MSRP was 53 ish if i remember. It was new with 20 miles on the odometer.
5.5% below invoice. I can get you the 5.5% below invoice - PM me. Got my 2014 JGC Overland EcoDiesel with ATG, ORII, and engine heater for $48750 Take a few grand off that for a hemi
__________________

__________________
SFU: : 2014 Overland 4X4 EcoDiesel, Billet Silver/Black. ORAII, Adv Tech, Engine Heater, 2000 coats of paint
Picked up 11/14


Current Ride:
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Ecodiesel
2007 Wrangler (wife's ride)
2008 20' Four Winns bow rider speed boat
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
good price? jerkylips Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 11 08-21-2013 09:57 PM
2013 Overland Price - Good Deal? mds83 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 18 01-27-2013 08:59 AM
2012 JGC Overland Price/What's a good deal? bbruins37 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 16 07-09-2012 02:10 PM
2012 Overland.....Is this a good price? cmiller Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 4 01-29-2012 07:32 PM
Good price?? shawnrw Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 19 01-19-2011 08:12 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.