Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #37  
Old 10-27-2010, 01:52 PM
whatevrworks's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 527
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 2580
whatevrworks has a reputation beyond reputewhatevrworks has a reputation beyond reputewhatevrworks has a reputation beyond reputewhatevrworks has a reputation beyond reputewhatevrworks has a reputation beyond reputewhatevrworks has a reputation beyond reputewhatevrworks has a reputation beyond reputewhatevrworks has a reputation beyond reputewhatevrworks has a reputation beyond reputewhatevrworks has a reputation beyond reputewhatevrworks has a reputation beyond repute
My slush mats and cargo mat came in today. I am VERY impressed with front and rear slush mats they fit like a glove. Look great and have holes built in to use existing anchor hooks.

The cargo mat on the other hand.... It looks great and is definitely heavy duty rubber that will last but does not stay put very well. It has the little spikes on the back to grab the carpet but with the metal rails lining the cargo area floor they don't work so well. I am sure when stuff is back there it will be fine and they will grab hold. Just wish there was some sort of anchoring method like my 06 commander cargo mat.

Overall both are very nice and well made glad I purchased. And also prompt shipping. Turns out the eBay seller is Somerset Chrysler Jeep in MA. Might want to try contacting directly to see if they will give a better deal on shipping.
__________________

__________________
2011 WK2: Limited, 4x4, Hemi, 730n, Class IV Tow, Brilliant Black. 30% Ceramic Tint, Lockpick, LED DRL, LED License Plate, LED Backup, LED Liftgate (all), Axle/Transfer Case OEM add-on skid plates, Sharkfin Antenna.:thumbsup:
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 10-27-2010, 01:59 PM
moosehead's Avatar
Horseshoe for the Donkeys

My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: CO Rockies
Posts: 3,163
Thanks: 214
Thanked 94 Times in 82 Posts
Rep Power: 1620625
moosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond repute
Re: got my jeep slush mats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatevrworks View Post
...but with the metal rails lining the cargo area floor ...
Do you see a straightforward way to just remove these rails, say mounts from beneath the storage/spare bin? Thanks.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 10-27-2010, 02:33 PM
jonesark's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The South
Posts: 593
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1983
jonesark is on a distinguished road
Re: got my jeep slush mats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatevrworks View Post
My slush mats and cargo mat came in today. I am VERY impressed with front and rear slush mats they fit like a glove. Look great and have holes built in to use existing anchor hooks.

The cargo mat on the other hand.... It looks great and is definitely heavy duty rubber that will last but does not stay put very well. It has the little spikes on the back to grab the carpet but with the metal rails lining the cargo area floor they don't work so well. I am sure when stuff is back there it will be fine and they will grab hold. Just wish there was some sort of anchoring method like my 06 commander cargo mat.

Overall both are very nice and well made glad I purchased. And also prompt shipping. Turns out the eBay seller is Somerset Chrysler Jeep in MA. Might want to try contacting directly to see if they will give a better deal on shipping.

I did....they wont!
__________________
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Overland 4x4 Hemi
Stone White, Saddle, ACC Package
Ordered Sep 21st 2010
VIN assigned Oct 25th 2010
D1 Dec 10th 2010
Estimated Delivery Jan 7th 2011
Delivered Jan 12th 2011
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 10-27-2010, 05:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,169
Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 2585
jeep2011 has a reputation beyond reputejeep2011 has a reputation beyond reputejeep2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: got my jeep slush mats!

I got mine in today as well. They are the best looking rubber mats I have seen. However I am not impressed with the coverage. They leave to much carpet exposed by the front door seals and they do not go under the front seats in the rear very far. Otherwise they are awesome and look GREAT!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 10-27-2010, 05:34 PM
talongs's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1413
talongs is on a distinguished road
Re: got my jeep slush mats!

Is there a tray mat design yet other than Husky Liners? I am not a fan of the molded "L" ridges. I liked their older diamond plate pattern much better.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-28-2010, 09:56 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Kitchener, ON
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1396
Roaster Boy is on a distinguished road
Re: got my jeep slush mats!

The "official" Mopar parts web site has them under the Jeep Accessories page for the full price of $79.40. I am sure they could be purchased from the dealer for a little less, especially if you bought your Jeep there Hope this helps.

PS - the photos of your look great!

http://jeepparts.mopar.com/jeep/gran...cessories.html
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-28-2010, 10:09 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 105
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1473
RenegadeNY is on a distinguished road
Re: got my jeep slush mats!

That was my impression from the photos posted... I think the huskyliners (based on the pics on their site) offer more complete floor coverage.

I may order the mats and cargo liner. Not cheap but much better than dirtying this baby up and trying to clean after the fact!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep2011 View Post
I got mine in today as well. They are the best looking rubber mats I have seen. However I am not impressed with the coverage. They leave to much carpet exposed by the front door seals and they do not go under the front seats in the rear very far. Otherwise they are awesome and look GREAT!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-29-2010, 03:45 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 190
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1616
Angel is on a distinguished road
Re: got my jeep slush mats!

I had both, first the Huskyliner (but I returned them) and now the Mopar's.

Here comes my review:
Reason being that I returned the Huskyliner is the quality of the rubber. The Haskie's are much more tougher more like plastic rather than rubber. Therfore when driving your feeds are sliping on the mats. Not like the Mopar's which do have a real good grip and I like/need that. The Huskie's are not so flexible and do therefore not fit like a second skin. okay, they have a larger lip around the mat, but the Mopar's do also have a small lip and I doubt that someone brings so much water into the car.

So, for me Mopar's are much better and less pricy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Detroit MI Area
Posts: 53
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1444
Scorelow is on a distinguished road
Re: got my jeep slush mats!

Ordered Slush Mats today!

Getting from Dealer for 69.00 plus Tax

Manufacturer Part Number: 82212172AC
__________________
Bob
2011 GC Overland, Hemi, 20' Goodyear Fortera HL, Brilliant Black, Frost Interior, 430N
Winter Rims 18" MB Gunner 5 w/Bridgestone 265/60R18 Blizzak DMV1. Valantine One Radar
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-29-2010, 04:44 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 105
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1473
RenegadeNY is on a distinguished road
Re: got my jeep slush mats!

Thanks for the review. I was about to order the Huskys but held off. From the photos they do appear more plastic and I thought about the foot slippage/comfort level as well even before you posted it!

I do like that they cover more area but I dont expect to get that much snow/rain on them and the slippery surface is a minus. Perhaps the slush mats are better choice.

Would be great if anyone else with either set or others could chime in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
I had both, first the Huskyliner (but I returned them) and now the Mopar's.

Here comes my review:
Reason being that I returned the Huskyliner is the quality of the rubber. The Haskie's are much more tougher more like plastic rather than rubber. Therfore when driving your feeds are sliping on the mats. Not like the Mopar's which do have a real good grip and I like/need that. The Huskie's are not so flexible and do therefore not fit like a second skin. okay, they have a larger lip around the mat, but the Mopar's do also have a small lip and I doubt that someone brings so much water into the car.

So, for me Mopar's are much better and less pricy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-29-2010, 07:07 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 65
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1518
paui4m is on a distinguished road
Re: got my jeep slush mats!

I finally got around to putting my Mopar's in today. It's like Angel said, the Mopar's fit really well, do have plenty of a lip (for any camping/hunting/fishing I will do), prevent feet slipping, and also look very good.

I like them enough I am going to order the cargo mat as well.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-02-2010, 11:11 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 84
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1521
boarderman23 is on a distinguished road
Re: got my jeep slush mats!

Does anyone have the Mopar slush mats with the frost beige interior (overland only as I believe it's black carpet with the limited - correct me if I'm wrong)? How do they look with the dark frost beige carpet?

I assume these mats are only available in black and not the dark beige to match our carpet.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
**NEW** OEM QUALITY CAR MATS - Save $$$ on Lloyd Mats!! XenonDepot XenonDepot 178 07-10-2014 03:23 PM
Best Slush mats? jeepingib Grand Cherokee - WK 16 01-02-2010 02:03 AM
Jeep Brand Slush Mats 1 GRAND Grand Cherokee - WK 23 12-30-2009 01:20 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community