Oh, how I hate my Summit! Let me list the ways...
First thing first, maybe I'm jaded? I had one of the first 2011 Overland's in the US with the saddle brown leather that I special ordered and waited months for. I plainly loved that vehicle. I had BMW X5's for about 8 years prior to that vehicle and I became an overnight Jeep salesman. That car was wonderful...
After such great experiences with the 2011 Overland I was just ITCHING for the 2014 Summit. I couldn't wait any longer so I bumped up to a new Summit about 6 months ago, WHAT A MISTAKE THAT WAS!!!
List of Issues I have on my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Edition:
- After 5.5k miles I'm averagine 13.8 mpg! (V8, 4x4, driving full time in eco-mode, 95% highway driving AND I drive like an old man!) If anyone can tell me why I get the worst possible MPG from the new fancy 8 speed tranny I'm all ears...
- Automatic headlights stay on while literally driving into bright sun in the middle of the day. In turn, this causes the displays to go dark (night settings) so that you can't see the displays.
- Memory seat's "easy exit" mode stop working months ago.
- Remote start functions but doesn't coincide with the climate control. *With that said, what's the point of remote start?!?!
- HUGE DELAYS / ISSUES with any and all functionality relating to the touchscreen. Software is OOZING with bugs. 5 second to minute delays on functionality. Example, changing the radio station, navigation, etc.
- Horn constantly honks 3 times when attempting to lock the vehicle. (The 3 shorts horn blasts is a warning that the key is SUPPOSEDLY in the car and the car cannot lock.) But alas, the key is in my pocket and I'm 20 FEET AWAY!
- Off road setting 1 or 2 while going over the slightest bump at 1 mile an hour sounds like there's someone under the hood banging on it with a rubber mallet. BANG! Like the shocks are going to shoot through the hood.
- And finally, my favorite... sometimes the car just won't start. For no reason.
- AC does not blow hard / cold enough for any summer anywhere in the country
- Rear view camera when in reverse beeps CONSTANTLY to warn of movement. This cannot be turned off. *There is always movement behind a vehicle there should be a setting to turn this obnoxious noise off.
- My last Jeep had the best steering wheel of any vehicle I ever had. I absolutely loved it. My new Summit has the steering wheel of Honda Civic. Thanks Jeep.
*IS ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCING ANY OF THE ABOVE? IF SO, HOW HAVE YOU REMEDIED?
*IF ANYONE CAN HELP GIVE INSIGHT INTO WHY MY $60K CHEROKEE IS SUCH A POS PLEASE DO. MECHANICS HERE SHRUG THEIR SHOULDERS.