Heated Seats / Wheel ?? - Page 2 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 12-04-2015, 08:45 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 160
Thanks: 5
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 1847
Tristar is on a distinguished road
Re: Heated Seats / Wheel ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
Mine has NOTHING remotely like that on those pages? I told you page 148 in my manual discusses audio jacks and steering wheel audio controls, and only has 264 pages. All your smart ass comments aside, I can't read what I don't have.
You have clearly established through all this it is not your fault, this much I understand....

Try looking at the "Owners Manual," not the "User Guide." The funny part is looking in the user guide for 30 seconds, I still found the part about the remote start with seat heaters...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12-4-2015 7-42-55 AM.jpg (459.5 KB, 45 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14  
Old 12-04-2015, 08:50 AM
billt's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2015 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Glendale, Arizona
Posts: 1,364
Thanks: 332
Thanked 286 Times in 194 Posts
Rep Power: 2080
billt is on a distinguished road
Re: Heated Seats / Wheel ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherryredjeep View Post
You can go on any mopar site and download the latest edition owners manual.
Thanks for that information, and I'll look. But in all honesty, if nothing on my car has changed since I bought it, why should the manual? Every manual covers what options exists on the car at the time of it's sale, (2015 model, not even 9 months old). If these things had features like automatic operation below a certain temperature, it would be in it. It's not. Not anywhere.
  #15  
Old 12-04-2015, 08:56 AM
billt's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2015 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Glendale, Arizona
Posts: 1,364
Thanks: 332
Thanked 286 Times in 194 Posts
Rep Power: 2080
billt is on a distinguished road
Re: Heated Seats / Wheel ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristar View Post
You have clearly established through all this it is not your fault, this much I understand....

Try looking at the "Owners Manual," not the "User Guide." The funny part is looking in the user guide for 30 seconds, I still found the part about the remote start with seat heaters...
I have no such "Owners Manual". Only a 264 page "Users Guide", along with a DVD with nothing but promotional crap in it, telling you how wonderful your vehicle is. And some "Tire Information Supplement" along with a 60 page, "Customer Care Arbitration And Lemon Law Rights" pamphlet. I have nothing in the green, denim packet that resembles what you're posting....... Anywhere.
  #16  
Old 12-04-2015, 09:04 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 160
Thanks: 5
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 1847
Tristar is on a distinguished road
Re: Heated Seats / Wheel ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
I have no such "Owners Manual". Only a 264 page "Users Guide", along with a DVD with nothing but promotional crap in it, telling you how wonderful your vehicle is. And some "Tire Information Supplement" along with a 60 page, "Customer Care Arbitration And Lemon Law Rights" pamphlet. I have nothing in the green, denim packet that resembles what you're posting....... Anywhere.
You realize the picture in my last post is directly out of the user manual I correctly guessed you were calling the owners manual, right?
  #17  
Old 12-04-2015, 09:05 AM
billt's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2015 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Glendale, Arizona
Posts: 1,364
Thanks: 332
Thanked 286 Times in 194 Posts
Rep Power: 2080
billt is on a distinguished road
Re: Heated Seats / Wheel ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristar View Post
The funny part is looking in the user guide for 30 seconds, I still found the part about the remote start with seat heaters...
And I told you I saw that. It's what made me go to the "settings" page and uncheck the "automatic" setting. However there is NOTHING anywhere in my "Users Guide" that say's a word about automatic temperature activation below a certain temperature. Let alone how to turn it on or off.

I just scrolled through the entire "Settings" page on my U-Connect 8.4, and nowhere does it mention automatic function of either the seat or steering wheel heat. As I said before, none of this happened UNTIL I activated the heat manually for the first time.
  #18  
Old 12-04-2015, 09:10 AM
billt's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2015 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Glendale, Arizona
Posts: 1,364
Thanks: 332
Thanked 286 Times in 194 Posts
Rep Power: 2080
billt is on a distinguished road
Re: Heated Seats / Wheel ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristar View Post
You realize.......... the picture in my last post is directly out of the user manual I correctly guessed you were calling the owners manual, right?
And do you realize your manual, (whatever you want to call it), has over 300+ pages. And as I said, (several times now), mine only has 264 pages. We clearly DO NOT have the same manual, let alone the same information.
  #19  
Old 12-04-2015, 09:13 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 160
Thanks: 5
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 1847
Tristar is on a distinguished road
Re: Heated Seats / Wheel ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
And do you realize your manual, (whatever you want to call it), has over 300+ pages. And as I said, (several times now), mine only has 264 pages. We clearly DO NOT have the same manual, let alone the same information.
Ok, one more time. There is a owners manual, and there is a user guide. Both include information about the auto on seats with the remote start.

And I used to wonder why dealerships took so much time reviewing the uconnect systems that were explained in both the user guide and owners manual. It now seems crystal clear....
  #20  
Old 12-04-2015, 09:45 AM
billt's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2015 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Glendale, Arizona
Posts: 1,364
Thanks: 332
Thanked 286 Times in 194 Posts
Rep Power: 2080
billt is on a distinguished road
Re: Heated Seats / Wheel ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristar View Post
Ok, one more time. There is a owners manual, and there is a user guide. Both include information about the auto on seats with the remote start.

And I used to wonder why dealerships took so much time reviewing the uconnect systems that were explained in both the user guide and owners manual. It now seems crystal clear....
I can't make this any clearer. I don't doubt there is a "Owners Manual" AND a "Users Manual". That much you've proven. All I have is the "Users Manual". And, one more time, my "Users Manual" has 264 pages. Not the 343+ yours does. We clearly do not possess the same information. If we did, I would have read it.

Now, as far as all this supposed information on the U-Connect, discussing seats automatically turning on with remote start you keep referring to, I have none of that. All I have is what you posted about "referring to U-Connect settings" for this operation. That in itself say's nothing.

Again, I went through the entire U-Connect settings page, (my U-Connect has the latest dealer installed updates, and is current), and there is NOTHING about automatic seat operation below a given temperature, OR with a remote start.... anywhere. If it was, I would have seen it. There isn't all that much there.

There isn't that much information about the heated seats or wheel, period. (A total of 3 pages in the "Users Manual" concerning both). If they had a remote operation below a certain temperature, (and I'm not saying they don't), it isn't mentioned ANYWHERE. Either in the "Users Manual", or the "Settings" page on the U-Connect.

And for what it's worth, my dealer explained nothing to me. I gave him the check for the car, and after that he pulled a David Copperfield and quickly disappeared.
  #21  
Old 12-04-2015, 09:53 AM
NetworkTV's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 833
Thanks: 3
Thanked 192 Times in 145 Posts
Rep Power: 7008
NetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond reputeNetworkTV has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Heated Seats / Wheel ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
I have no such "Owners Manual". Only a 264 page "Users Guide", along with a DVD with nothing but promotional crap in it, telling you how wonderful your vehicle is.
The manual is on the DVD. Look closer.

You can also download a copy here:

Jeep Owners | Download an Owners Manual 2004 - 2011 | Jeep

The paper manual you received is a User Guide, which is an abridged version of the manual.
__________________
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Deep Cherry Red Crystal Pearl Coat

  #22  
Old 12-04-2015, 10:18 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 160
Thanks: 5
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 1847
Tristar is on a distinguished road
Re: Heated Seats / Wheel ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
I can't make this any clearer. I don't doubt there is a "Owners Manual" AND a "Users Manual". That much you've proven. All I have is the "Users Manual". And, one more time, my "Users Manual" has 264 pages. Not the 343+ yours does. We clearly do not possess the same information. If we did, I would have read it.

Now, as far as all this supposed information on the U-Connect, discussing seats automatically turning on with remote start you keep referring to, I have none of that. All I have is what you posted about "referring to U-Connect settings" for this operation. That in itself say's nothing.

Again, I went through the entire U-Connect settings page, (my U-Connect has the latest dealer installed updates, and is current), and there is NOTHING about automatic seat operation below a given temperature, OR with a remote start.... anywhere. If it was, I would have seen it. There isn't all that much there.

There isn't that much information about the heated seats or wheel, period. (A total of 3 pages in the "Users Manual" concerning both). If they had a remote operation below a certain temperature, (and I'm not saying they don't), it isn't mentioned ANYWHERE. Either in the "Users Manual", or the "Settings" page on the U-Connect.

And for what it's worth, my dealer explained nothing to me. I gave him the check for the car, and after that he pulled a David Copperfield and quickly disappeared.
User Guide and Owners manual are two different things, with two different numbers of pages. I clearly pointed that out, and the fact you were incorrectly calling the User Guide the Owners Manual. I also highlighted where each (both the user guide and owners manual) talked about the heated seats and remote start initiation, when you claimed it had nothing about it at all.

I get it. Reading comprehension isn't your thing. Blaming others (the dealer disappeared, did you bother calling them?) or claiming you don't have something when in reality you do seems to be a strong suit though. I hope that works out for you...

Didn't matter that it was in the garage, oh man that is hilarious.
  #23  
Old 12-04-2015, 11:12 AM
Da Jeeper's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 625
Thanks: 87
Thanked 71 Times in 56 Posts
Rep Power: 2452
Da Jeeper is on a distinguished road
Re: Heated Seats / Wheel ??

Sorry if it's covered here, got board reading half way thru
Auto comfort only comes on for me with remote start. You can change and or disable this feature on screen in settings
  #24  
Old 12-04-2015, 12:05 PM
billt's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2015 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Glendale, Arizona
Posts: 1,364
Thanks: 332
Thanked 286 Times in 194 Posts
Rep Power: 2080
billt is on a distinguished road
Re: Heated Seats / Wheel ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristar View Post
User Guide and Owners manual are two different things, with two different numbers of pages. I clearly pointed that out, and the fact you were incorrectly calling the User Guide the Owners Manual.
What the hell difference does it make when I've told you for the umpteenth time, I do not have an owners manual like you do. Why is that so damn hard for you to comprehend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristar View Post
I also highlighted where each (both the user guide and owners manual) talked about the heated seats and remote start initiation, when you claimed it had nothing about it at all.
It doesn't. Again for the umpteenth time.... My users manual has nothing in any, or all of it's 264 pages that has ANYTHING about heated seats, and remote start activating it. NOTHING. Or anything in relation to automatic temperature activation. The manual itself only briefly discusses on 3 pages, turning the heat on and off via. the buttons, and or touch screen. It only tells you to refer to the "U-Connect settings" which I did. There is nothing on the "Settings" page in regards to auto activation of the seats. Either by temperature or remote start. Again, I don't understand why you have to be told this 15 times, and still can't comprehend it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristar View Post
I get it. Reading comprehension isn't your thing. Blaming others (the dealer disappeared, did you bother calling them?) or claiming you don't have something when in reality you do seems to be a strong suit though.
Nor is it yours. I told you in my first reply, and several times thereafter, I didn't have an owners manual, only the users manual. No matter, you keep on crowing on about it as though I have, and I'm just not looking in the right place.

I'm not "blaming" anyone. Once again, for the second time, I can't read what I don't have. Jesus! And no, I don't "call the dealer" for every little thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristar View Post
Didn't matter that it was in the garage, oh man that is hilarious.
Why should it if the temperature on the screen was 36 degrees at startup, and the seats were never activated until I turned them on? It was posted that the seats are automatically activated if the outside temperature in under 40 degrees. It was and they weren't...... Until I activated them for the first time. Why does where it was parked matter? Under 40 is under 40. Now you've proven you're just shooting your mouth off, and not making sense in the process.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where is the module for heated seats/steering wheel located? Scurvy Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 14 09-19-2016 12:52 PM
Clicking relay noise - heated/cooled seats, steering wheel swampass2 Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 4 02-14-2015 09:50 AM
Can the Heated Seats/Steering Wheel Automatically Come On? deeve Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service 13 12-04-2013 03:55 PM
Replace '12 Heated Seat with Heated/Cooled Seat Shutterbug57 Tech Tips/DIY/How To 5 11-11-2012 11:18 PM
All SRT-8 seats heated? AcidCold Interior/Exterior/Visual/Lighting 20 08-19-2009 09:47 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.