Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 05-26-2012, 08:35 AM
Overland_Mom's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Farmington, NM
Posts: 117
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 916
Overland_Mom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckpack View Post
Preaching to the choir! I am sold on this model and would buy one tomorrow if I could. I send favorably reviews for her to read but she finds a person complaining of their engine overheating to show me.

My wife's uncle had a jeep in the mid 90's and it was constantly in the shop frequently and this has shaped her view of Jeep. I have a year to try to change it!
The '12s are nothing like the '90s my husband traded my '08 ltz Tahoe in on a JGCO and I think it is 10x better then my Tahoe. I fell in love the first time I drove it! Has your wife test drove one? If not she needs to, it will help your case. As for reliability, I have a 3 month old and my husband would never put us in something unreliable or unsafe.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 05-26-2012, 08:44 AM
padgett's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Orlando
Posts: 1,490
Thanks: 0
Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Rep Power: 80041
padgett has a reputation beyond reputepadgett has a reputation beyond reputepadgett has a reputation beyond reputepadgett has a reputation beyond reputepadgett has a reputation beyond reputepadgett has a reputation beyond reputepadgett has a reputation beyond reputepadgett has a reputation beyond reputepadgett has a reputation beyond reputepadgett has a reputation beyond reputepadgett has a reputation beyond repute
Re: help finding positive reports

Coming up on 2k miles and no trouble at all. MPG runniing 20+ on 87 PON, 0-60 in the sevens, oil shows full, only thing I have had to add is windshield washer fluid.

Since I live in a hot climate, do plan to make the engine run about 10F cooler but am a fanatic.
__________________

__________________
Web home. Notary Sojac Y'all
One of these is a diesel:
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 05-26-2012, 09:19 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 798
puckpack is on a distinguished road
Re: help finding positive reports

I found this site that tracks most cars and issues they may have. Not sure how reliable it is. Not sure if I should show my wife either, the wk2 has a lot info on there.

http://www.truedelta.com/
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 05-26-2012, 01:09 PM
AAAA's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 2,551
Thanks: 10
Thanked 39 Times in 35 Posts
Rep Power: 1543266
AAAA has a reputation beyond reputeAAAA has a reputation beyond reputeAAAA has a reputation beyond reputeAAAA has a reputation beyond reputeAAAA has a reputation beyond reputeAAAA has a reputation beyond reputeAAAA has a reputation beyond reputeAAAA has a reputation beyond reputeAAAA has a reputation beyond reputeAAAA has a reputation beyond reputeAAAA has a reputation beyond repute
Re: help finding positive reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by puckpack View Post
I found this site that tracks most cars and issues they may have. Not sure how reliable it is. Not sure if I should show my wife either, the wk2 has a lot info on there.

http://www.truedelta.com/
Bare in mind that the people who write into websites (including this one) the most are the ones with problems. No vehicle with 30,000+ parts made by dozens of manufacturers is going to be trouble free, but the WK2 is looking very good. Also Chrylser really is Jeep. Look at the inventories of your local Chrysler/Jeep dealers. I'll bet you a donut that most of the inventory is Jeeps, not Chryslers.
__________________
Limited- Michelin LTX M/S 2's, chrome fog bezels, front and t. c. skid plates, Bosch Icon blades, Husky X-Act Contour slush mats, MOPAR cargo mat.
(Avatar- http://www.ussslater.org/)
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 05-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 136
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 952
KILOFINAL is on a distinguished road
Re: help finding positive reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAAA View Post
Bare in mind that the people who write into websites (including this one) the most are the ones with problems. No vehicle with 30,000+ parts made by dozens of manufacturers is going to be trouble free, but the WK2 is looking very good. Also Chrylser really is Jeep. Look at the inventories of your local Chrysler/Jeep dealers. I'll bet you a donut that most of the inventory is Jeeps, not Chryslers.

maybe where you live its mostly Chryslers, but up in canada, most dealers have a majority of Chrysler products. Almost all the dealers I have visited had a handful of Jeep product.

Also, I think that for a vehicle that is going into Year 3 production, there seems to be alot of ongoing issues. QL AND smoking engines only being two examples.

Just look at the number of posts in the troubleshooting section. Probably the biggest number of posts on any section on this website.

Anyone that thinks the GC doesn't have QC problems is fooling themselves. Year 3 cars shouldn't be having all these ongoing issues and support from Jeep/Chrysler has alot to be desired.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 05-26-2012, 03:30 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 64
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 907
newtoncd8 is on a distinguished road
Re: help finding positive reports

To the OP, are you looking at the Hemi or the Pentastar? The reason I ask, if she does much research, it seems like there *may* be a head gasket issue with the 3.6L engine. I hope not as I planned to order a 2014, but will be watching the topic closely.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 05-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 798
puckpack is on a distinguished road
Re: help finding positive reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoncd8 View Post
To the OP, are you looking at the Hemi or the Pentastar? The reason I ask, if she does much research, it seems like there *may* be a head gasket issue with the 3.6L engine. I hope not as I planned to order a 2014, but will be watching the topic closely.
We would get the Pentastar. We don't need to tow anything and would prefer better mpg. She has found the comments and articles about smoking engines and engines running hot.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 05-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Overland_Mom's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Farmington, NM
Posts: 117
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 916
Overland_Mom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by puckpack View Post
We would get the Pentastar. We don't need to tow anything and would prefer better mpg. She has found the comments and articles about smoking engines and engines running hot.
I have a hemi without the tow package and honestly the mpg isn't that big of a difference, I'm averaging 16 mpg til my husband drives it lol!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 05-26-2012, 08:33 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 136
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 952
KILOFINAL is on a distinguished road
Re: help finding positive reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overland_Mom View Post
I have a hemi without the tow package and honestly the mpg isn't that big of a difference, I'm averaging 16 mpg til my husband drives it lol!

From seeing ther MPG data, your right. There isn't much difference other than you suffer a little more with city driving. But the extra torque must be satisfying and I think the Hemi's are made in the USA. I dont want a Pentastar made in mexico
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 05-26-2012, 08:38 PM
Overland_Mom's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Farmington, NM
Posts: 117
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 916
Overland_Mom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILOFINAL View Post
From seeing ther MPG data, your right. There isn't much difference other than you suffer a little more with city driving. But the extra torque must be satisfying and I think the Hemi's are made in the USA. I dont want a Pentastar made in mexico
It's not only nicer having the torque but the way it sounds and how people look when you floor it to pass them is best.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 05-26-2012, 08:42 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 136
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 952
KILOFINAL is on a distinguished road
Re: help finding positive reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overland_Mom View Post
It's not only nicer having the torque but the way it sounds and how people look when you floor it to pass them is best.

Wow, I didn't think of the sound. I haven't heard a Hemi but will go checkout Youtube to get an idea. Up here, the Hemi engine is $2100 extra but I think it's probably a wise choice.

I'm reading more and more about the Pentastar and a little concerned by the issues and sourcing from Mexico
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 05-26-2012, 09:31 PM
Overland_Mom's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Farmington, NM
Posts: 117
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 916
Overland_Mom is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILOFINAL View Post
Wow, I didn't think of the sound. I haven't heard a Hemi but will go checkout Youtube to get an idea. Up here, the Hemi engine is $2100 extra but I think it's probably a wise choice.

I'm reading more and more about the Pentastar and a little concerned by the issues and sourcing from Mexico
In the end I think it will pay off. My husband did a lot of research before buying me one and he said that majority of the V6s had problems even though we always knew we'd get the hemi.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What are some positive things about the WK2? (:JgCoSgIrL:) Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 40 09-26-2013 10:09 PM
Positive diesel article LJS8510 Diesel Powered 2012+ Export Grand Cherokee 0 02-24-2012 09:53 PM
One more positive review..... BostonDMD Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 3 09-06-2011 10:19 AM
Very positive review........ BostonDMD Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 7 07-29-2011 08:43 PM
no positive on relay stealth32 Grand Cherokee - WK 29 02-22-2011 01:57 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community