Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 09-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Yonkers N.Y
Posts: 127
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1874
Steeler is a jewel in the rough
Re: How to protect myself at the final stage of negotiations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe007 View Post
Isn't contract signed at the time when I give a deposit?
I never bought cash. When i say contract I mean either a lease agreement or a loan contract. When I ordered my Challenger all I got was a reciept for my money. Since the car didn't exist yet it didn't feature a VIN. Just a final price, a color, and a list of options I requested.

That document is not a contract. no where on it does it say that the dealer is obligated to sell it at that price.

Like I said above. When you give your deposit, you are putting down money on something that doesn't exist yet. As you sit there behind the desk there is nothing linking that document to the Jeep you just ordered. Who to say that Black Overland you ordered comes in is the one you ordered three months earlier?

Once the order is offically placed. When I say offical. I mean when the dealer actually places the order with Chrysler they recieve a VON number. What you can do for a little protection. Is when finalizing a deal. Stipulate that you will leave a deposit only after the offical order is placed, and the VON number is on the reciept. At leasrt with that you can track the order from day one until it arrives at the dealer.

P.S once they recieve a VON. They are able to print out a order sheet right from their computer. This document lists the VON as well as all the options on it. Tell them you want a copy of this also.

None of this is binding though....
__________________

__________________
Our Toys 2013 Chrysler 300S
2013 Chrysler 200
1968 Dart GTS

On a Jeep break, for a little while.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: brOOklyn
Posts: 1,248
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 2789
JoeSchmoe007 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeSchmoe007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to protect myself at the final stage of negotiations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
I never bought cash. When i say contract I mean either a lease agreement or a loan contract. When I ordered my Challenger all I got was a reciept for my money. Since the car didn't exist yet it didn't feature a VIN. Just a final price, a color, and a list of options I requested.

That document is not a contract. no where on it does it say that the dealer is obligated to sell it at that price.

Like I said above. When you give your deposit, you are putting down money on something that doesn't exist yet. As you sit there behind the desk there is nothing linking that document to the Jeep you just ordered. Who to say that Black Overland you ordered comes in is the one you ordered three months earlier?

Once the order is offically placed. When I say offical. I mean when the dealer actually places the order with Chrysler they recieve a VON number. What you can do for a little protection. Is when finalizing a deal. Stipulate that you will leave a deposit only after the offical order is placed, and the VON number is on the reciept. At leasrt with that you can track the order from day one until it arrives at the dealer.

P.S once they recieve a VON. They are able to print out a order sheet right from their computer. This document lists the VON as well as all the options on it. Tell them you want a copy of this also.

None of this is binding though....
As I mentioned above one dealer already has the car I am looking for in transit to him. There is VIN # and sticker is available at Jeep.com
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-15-2010, 05:27 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Yonkers N.Y
Posts: 127
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1874
Steeler is a jewel in the rough
Re: How to protect myself at the final stage of negotiations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe007 View Post
As I mentioned above one dealer already has the car I am looking for in transit to him. There is VIN # and sticker is available at Jeep.com
Well you said the other would be ordered. Since you already answered your own question on the one in transit, I gave my advice for the one that was the worst case scenario.

So here's my advice on the one in transit.

Go to dealers website on Jeep.com and print out Window sticker
Go to dealer and negotiate price...your happyt with
Make sure price includes all taxes, tags, and other fees they try and get
Give required deposit
make sure reciept has VIN all all options on window sticker
and make sure final price equals above price minus deposit.
When the Jeep arrives and at delivery. Go over it good. make sure everything listed on the window sticker is on there, and make sure they didn't add anything that wasn't.
Make sure there isn't any scratches, dents, or damage that you can't live with. If there is, either delay delivery until they fix it, or give you a document that they will fix it at your convience, or deny delivery all together. Up to you. If you decide to let them fix it, request a loaner your inconvience.
If everything is okay. Pay and leave. If they make you sign anything else. Just read it, and question if anything doesn't seem right.
__________________
Our Toys 2013 Chrysler 300S
2013 Chrysler 200
1968 Dart GTS

On a Jeep break, for a little while.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-16-2010, 07:52 PM
Jeeters's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 483
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 2546
Jeeters has a reputation beyond reputeJeeters has a reputation beyond reputeJeeters has a reputation beyond reputeJeeters has a reputation beyond reputeJeeters has a reputation beyond reputeJeeters has a reputation beyond reputeJeeters has a reputation beyond reputeJeeters has a reputation beyond reputeJeeters has a reputation beyond reputeJeeters has a reputation beyond reputeJeeters has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to protect myself at the final stage of negotiations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
Deposit or no deposit, that GC that you ordered once delivered to your dealer, belongs to them. So if someone walks in and offers MSRP for it, they have every right to sell it or raise the price on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe007 View Post
Isn't contract signed at the time when I give a deposit?
Last two vehicles i ordered, there was some sort of agreement signed when I gave the deposit. It locked in the price of both the vehicle I was ordering, and also my trade in. I also remember the trade-in price was to protect them, too; not just me - i.e., there was some clause regarding it needing to be in the same condition on the later day of delivery as it was at the time of the agreement for it to hold its price. This also was where I had them specify in writing that I would not accept the vehicle for delivery if they added any dealer decals or plastic plaques to it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-16-2010, 09:23 PM
suzieque's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2008 3.0L WK
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,224
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 3178
suzieque is a name known to all
Re: How to protect myself at the final stage of negotiations?

watch out for the last minute "Documentation fee" of $500
__________________
2008 WK "S" Limited bright metallic silver, 5 speed W5J400 transmission, June 18/2008 build, 213RE rear differential with 3.73 axle ratio, 245/60R18 Goodyear Fortera tires, NV245 transfer case, 3.0L CRD.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-16-2010, 11:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1551
borninblue is on a distinguished road
Re: How to protect myself at the final stage of negotiations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzieque View Post
watch out for the last minute "Documentation fee" of $500
What's the documentation fee all about? Just tell them you don't want it?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-16-2010, 11:23 PM
GR33N D3M0N's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: down south
Posts: 5,469
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 14446
GR33N D3M0N has a reputation beyond reputeGR33N D3M0N has a reputation beyond reputeGR33N D3M0N has a reputation beyond reputeGR33N D3M0N has a reputation beyond reputeGR33N D3M0N has a reputation beyond reputeGR33N D3M0N has a reputation beyond reputeGR33N D3M0N has a reputation beyond reputeGR33N D3M0N has a reputation beyond reputeGR33N D3M0N has a reputation beyond reputeGR33N D3M0N has a reputation beyond reputeGR33N D3M0N has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to GR33N D3M0N
Re: How to protect myself at the final stage of negotiations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeters View Post
...This also was where I had them specify in writing that I would not accept the vehicle for delivery if they added any dealer decals or plastic plaques to it.
i love that!
__________________
MOE
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (sold)
2011 Mazdaspeed3 w/tech package
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopCooper View Post
Herpes is better than a Prius. Lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I really hope my next car has brembros and a panorama roof
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-17-2010, 03:31 AM
Milous's Avatar
Senior Member


 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nottsure, Wair
Posts: 6,506
Thanks: 34
Thanked 2,234 Times in 945 Posts
Rep Power: 2392837
Milous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond reputeMilous has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to protect myself at the final stage of negotiations?

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-17-2010, 08:09 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: brOOklyn
Posts: 1,248
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 2789
JoeSchmoe007 has a reputation beyond reputeJoeSchmoe007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to protect myself at the final stage of negotiations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milous View Post
This is Milous himself (considering he works for Chrysler)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-20-2010, 09:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 38
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1562
goforjeep is on a distinguished road
Re: How to protect myself at the final stage of negotiations?

I like this post
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Protect your paint with our 25% OFF Sealant Sale (exp 1/20 EST) DetailedImage.com Detailed Image 7 01-20-2010 11:24 AM
My final christmas gift... 00wj Performance Modifications 17 01-17-2010 01:56 AM
Final Decision!!! Airbags!!! SoCalMoparWK Performance Modifications 31 08-11-2009 11:05 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.