Husky Mud Guards installed on Summit - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 12-16-2014, 06:29 PM
johnnyiowa's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 333
Thanks: 228
Thanked 27 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 1869
johnnyiowa has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyiowa has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyiowa has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyiowa has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyiowa has a reputation beyond repute
Husky Mud Guards installed on Summit

I just got my Husky Mud Guards for my Summit few days ago and finally have time to get this install. It took me about half of day to install. I set my air suspension on the highest so I got myself more room to install. The front mud flap is much easy to install since you are going to just drill your own hold using a 1/8 drill bit and doesn't need the U-ring to be install behind the fender. There are three holes, but I was only able to drill the holes near the fender. The one hold that need to drill inside is drilling through a piece of metal in place a the fender, so I just gave up and the other two holes has enough support to the mud flap. The rear one is such as pain. It use the existing hole at the back fender. You have to remove some plugs in place and you have to put the U-Ring behind the fender and it was such a pain. and in order to do it, you have to remove one of the helix screw underneath the bumper. I end up have to crawl underneath to get it remove. Make sure you got a Ratchet, because it's a tide space to use a drill or screw driver. After all, it isn't something really hard to do, and it's always good to have someone next to me to help you, in my case, it was my father. Anyway, enjoy the pictures I show below and let me know if you have any question.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0744.jpg (534.2 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0745.jpg (517.4 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0747.jpg (552.9 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0750.jpg (540.8 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0752.jpg (513.6 KB, 77 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0757.jpg (515.6 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0758.jpg (516.8 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0759.jpg (474.5 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0760.jpg (515.9 KB, 73 views)

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 12-16-2014, 06:41 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: I-O-W-A
Posts: 113
Thanks: 21
Thanked 40 Times in 27 Posts
Rep Power: 1861
GRIM_REAPER_76IA is on a distinguished road
Re: Husky Mud Guards installed on Summit

The Summit crew has been watching this mud guard thing transpire over here: 2014 Summit Mud Guards


They look good on your Summit thanks for posting the pictures.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-16-2014, 07:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 156
Thanks: 3
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 1783
glock17 has a reputation beyond reputeglock17 has a reputation beyond reputeglock17 has a reputation beyond reputeglock17 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Husky Mud Guards installed on Summit

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyiowa View Post
I just got my Husky Mud Guards for my Summit few days ago and finally have time to get this install. It took me about half of day to install. I set my air suspension on the highest so I got myself more room to install. The front mud flap is much easy to install since you are going to just drill your own hold using a 1/8 drill bit and doesn't need the U-ring to be install behind the fender. There are three holes, but I was only able to drill the holes near the fender. The one hold that need to drill inside is drilling through a piece of metal in place a the fender, so I just gave up and the other two holes has enough support to the mud flap. The rear one is such as pain. It use the existing hole at the back fender. You have to remove some plugs in place and you have to put the U-Ring behind the fender and it was such a pain. and in order to do it, you have to remove one of the helix screw underneath the bumper. I end up have to crawl underneath to get it remove. Make sure you got a Ratchet, because it's a tide space to use a drill or screw driver. After all, it isn't something really hard to do, and it's always good to have someone next to me to help you, in my case, it was my father. Anyway, enjoy the pictures I show below and let me know if you have any question.

Looks good - Don't you love 1. Husky's instructions and 2. how little support our rear quarters have, I couldn't believe how much they move around. Glad to have the guards now with winter upon us..
__________________
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 12-16-2014, 07:34 PM
johnnyiowa's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 333
Thanks: 228
Thanked 27 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 1869
johnnyiowa has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyiowa has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyiowa has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyiowa has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyiowa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Husky Mud Guards installed on Summit

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock17 View Post
Looks good - Don't you love 1. Husky's instructions and 2. how little support our rear quarters have, I couldn't believe how much they move around. Glad to have the guards now with winter upon us..
I love the instruction so much, I am glad I am a designer, so I can be creative. Actually, some of the U-Ring was missing in the package. I was so frustrated that I almost go to my 3D printer to print out the parts.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-16-2014, 07:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 174
Thanks: 11
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 2107
bofa has a reputation beyond reputebofa has a reputation beyond reputebofa has a reputation beyond reputebofa has a reputation beyond reputebofa has a reputation beyond reputebofa has a reputation beyond reputebofa has a reputation beyond reputebofa has a reputation beyond reputebofa has a reputation beyond reputebofa has a reputation beyond reputebofa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Husky Mud Guards installed on Summit

The Mopar directions for the other models have you remove the rear wheels. That would probably make it a little easier if you have a floor jack handy.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-16-2014, 07:37 PM
johnnyiowa's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 333
Thanks: 228
Thanked 27 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 1869
johnnyiowa has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyiowa has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyiowa has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyiowa has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyiowa has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Husky Mud Guards installed on Summit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bofa View Post
The Mopar directions for the other models have you remove the rear wheels. That would probably make it a little easier if you have a floor jack handy.
I was trying to avoid that since I don't have a floor jack. In one thought., I was going to get the jack from the spare tire though
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
summit

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 Summit Mud Guards MZ1115 Interior/Exterior/Visual/Lighting 84 12-02-2016 07:43 AM
husky mud guards on 2014? MNwk2GC Interior/Exterior/Visual/Lighting 34 01-22-2015 09:42 PM
Husky mud flaps? BuckeyeSRT Interior/Exterior/Visual/Lighting 0 01-23-2012 07:53 AM
***NEW*** Weathertech And Husky Mud Guards! Free Shipping! Save Big! XenonDepot XenonDepot 15 11-24-2011 03:26 PM
husky liners mud guards 99PlatinumWJ Interior/Exterior/Visual/Lighting 2 02-08-2011 08:36 PM

» Premium Vendor Showcase
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.