Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #121  
Old 07-19-2013, 12:26 PM
bill_de's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,470
Thanks: 257
Thanked 257 Times in 228 Posts
Rep Power: 1800505
bill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If your 8spd trans is rough, put your hand up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko15 View Post
I'd have to say they will probably take your comments with a grain of salt, not that your heart isn't in the right place. They want hard facts about YOUR experience, not anecdotal details from a forum. But thanks for trying. Really!
+1 They don't want to hear that "my" experience is reading about others problems.
__________________

__________________
If you need a shoulder to cry on ...

... pull over to the side of the road!

Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 07-19-2013, 12:36 PM
jusgorjus's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 299
jusgorjus is on a distinguished road
Re: If your 8spd trans is rough, put your hand up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_de View Post
+1 They don't want to hear that "my" experience is reading about others problems.
I didn't just tell them about others experience...jeez. Mine is doing the same thing. I have an appt. tomorrow to have it looked at. I informed Jeep that mine is bogging down and then I mentioned the multitudes.
__________________

__________________


True Blue
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 07-19-2013, 12:51 PM
jusgorjus's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 299
jusgorjus is on a distinguished road
Re: If your 8spd trans is rough, put your hand up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko15 View Post
I'd have to say they will probably take your comments with a grain of salt, not that your heart isn't in the right place. They want hard facts about YOUR experience, not anecdotal details from a forum. But thanks for trying. Really!
I just want to clarify...I didn't fill out the survey to just inform Jeep about other's tranny issues...I informed Jeep about my own tranny issues, and then used the issues of others hoping to strengthen my own position, as in, it's not just me having these issues. My tranny does the herky-jerky when I decelerate or brake.
__________________


True Blue
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 07-19-2013, 01:08 PM
jacko15's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Pennsylvania's North Shore
Posts: 1,912
Thanks: 201
Thanked 130 Times in 105 Posts
Rep Power: 88239
jacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond reputejacko15 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If your 8spd trans is rough, put your hand up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusgorjus View Post
I just want to clarify...I didn't fill out the survey to just inform Jeep about other's tranny issues...I informed Jeep about my own tranny issues, and then used the issues of others hoping to strengthen my own position, as in, it's not just me having these issues. My tranny does the herky-jerky when I decelerate or brake.
Understand, and I think the most important thing you have done is make an appointment with your dealer service department. Don't let them blow you off with "that's how it's supposed to work". Tell them it's unacceptable if you're not happy with it, and start a paper trail on the problem. This is how things get to the engineers, and how problems are solved. My Jeep doesn't do this, but others are having the same problem as you are having, so the more complaints that go up the chain, the more pressure on Chrysler to institute a fix. Good luck, and please let us know how you make out.
__________________
Mine: 2014 Overland 4x4 V6, ORA II, billet silver/black, Michelin LTX M/S 2's, MaxCare Lifetime, delivered 4-13-'13
Wife's Jeep: 2008 Compass Sport 4x4, 2.4L I4 DOHC, CVT, Lifetime powertrain warranty
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 07-19-2013, 01:55 PM
Willx's Avatar
Specialist


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,532
Thanks: 479
Thanked 740 Times in 395 Posts
Rep Power: 1926318
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: If your 8spd trans is rough, put your hand up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko15 View Post
Understand, and I think the most important thing you have done is make an appointment with your dealer service department. Don't let them blow you off with "that's how it's supposed to work". Tell them it's unacceptable if you're not happy with it, and start a paper trail on the problem. This is how things get to the engineers, and how problems are solved. My Jeep doesn't do this, but others are having the same problem as you are having, so the more complaints that go up the chain, the more pressure on Chrysler to institute a fix. Good luck, and please let us know how you make out.
Jacko has it exactly, two points from dealer land.

1. When you have a concern on a vehicle make sure it ends up on a work order and you get a copy of that work order. If it gets worse make them put it on another work order and get another copy. I see way to many people walk into a dealership and say "I complained about this a number of times" and there is not a single word on record.

2. There can be marginal differences in performance based on some mileage but not durastic. If they have a Jeep on the lot with the SAME engine, test drive it. It is a good idea to first know how to duplicate the issue on your own so you can clearly show it in contrast. There are lots of these around and no one gets "operating as designed" when yours slams into gear and the lot unit shifts like butter. Comparison is an ugly dirty tool to the dealer when they say "that is just how they are" .
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 07-19-2013, 02:50 PM
FD12ME's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 126
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 665
FD12ME has a reputation beyond reputeFD12ME has a reputation beyond reputeFD12ME has a reputation beyond reputeFD12ME has a reputation beyond reputeFD12ME has a reputation beyond reputeFD12ME has a reputation beyond reputeFD12ME has a reputation beyond reputeFD12ME has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If your 8spd trans is rough, put your hand up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willx View Post
. There are lots of these around and no one gets "operating as designed" when yours slams into gear and the lot unit shifts like butter. Comparison is an ugly dirty tool to the dealer when they say "that is just how they are" .


At the first dealer I took it to, I got just that. The tech said, I took another one for a test drive and it did the same thing. I said, "can you take me and show me?" I got a we can't do that with customers
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 07-19-2013, 04:24 PM
Willx's Avatar
Specialist


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,532
Thanks: 479
Thanked 740 Times in 395 Posts
Rep Power: 1926318
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FD12ME View Post

At the first dealer I took it to, I got just that. The tech said, I took another one for a test drive and it did the same thing. I said, "can you take me and show me?" I got a we can't do that with customers
Bull$h1t... What a turd monkey. So, you want to by another one, and want to go for a test drive.... Now what. Some dealers are just goofy. I have never seen a dealer loose anything or be disadvantaged in any way because they fought for a customer. Pure laziness if you ask me.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 07-19-2013, 04:34 PM
mceb's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 386
Thanks: 7
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 805
mceb is on a distinguished road
Thats good to test drive another one to try to see difference.
__________________
2014 JGC Overland 4x4, V6, White with Blue/Brown Interior
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 07-19-2013, 04:35 PM
Willx's Avatar
Specialist


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,532
Thanks: 479
Thanked 740 Times in 395 Posts
Rep Power: 1926318
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mceb View Post
I would ask to test drive another one to try to see difference.
Yes!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 07-19-2013, 05:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 322
dtrvm is on a distinguished road
Re: If your 8spd trans is rough, put your hand up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willx View Post
If there is one trend I have seen, it does seem to be more in the south. Glad to hear there is some recognition at your dealer. This is important.
The trend that it is worse in the south would seem to correlate with humidity and/or temperature. The additional comments by some that they have found water in the transmission is also enlightening.

Battling with dealers who have no fix or clue as to the cause as none has been identified for them does not sound like fun. While it has been stated this does not affect a lot of vehicles how do we really know the true number and if it will grow or not? How many are not reported? It is not even clear this issue has any priority to get fixed as it has a "small" number of reported issues and may not be worth working on at this point. What if this takes a long time to get in the cue to get fixed? At this point does it really make sense for people to buy a V6?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 07-19-2013, 05:41 PM
Willx's Avatar
Specialist


My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4,532
Thanks: 479
Thanked 740 Times in 395 Posts
Rep Power: 1926318
Willx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond reputeWillx has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrvm View Post

How many are not reported? It is not even clear this issue has any priority to get fixed as it has a "small" number of reported issues and may not be worth working on at this point. What if this takes a long time to get in the cue to get fixed? At this point does it really make sense for people to buy a V6?
Just two quick notes, yes some people on here have had issues and not taken it up with a dealer, so that does not help, hence my spiel. The other thing is YES, buy what ever suits you, all of my comments are to be taken in stride, I have a very honest point of view on the subject and improvements are made continuously in the manufacturing process. I am most concerned to see people with issues try to resolve them with a dealer. Some dealers are dorks, find another one. This is true of any product and I just want people to be aware that there are some people here who have issues but it is not the general indicator in the market.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 07-19-2013, 06:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 322
dtrvm is on a distinguished road
Re: If your 8spd trans is rough, put your hand up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willx View Post
Just two quick notes, yes some people on here have had issues and not taken it up with a dealer, so that does not help, hence my spiel. The other thing is YES, buy what ever suits you, all of my comments are to be taken in stride, I have a very honest point of view on the subject and improvements are made continuously in the manufacturing process. I am most concerned to see people with issues try to resolve them with a dealer. Some dealers are dorks, find another one. This is true of any product and I just want people to be aware that there are some people here who have issues but it is not the general indicator in the market.
OK some dealers are dorks, but a great dealer can not replace a transmission without approval by Jeep. Jeep has not acknowledged the problem yet from what I have read.

A great dealer can not write new software for the transmission either.

Dorks aside Jeep needs to acknowledge the issue and identify a solution. From what I have read so far the problem is still so "small" they are not doing anything about it.

Forget dealers. How can anything be solved until jeep, not the dealers, acknowledge the issue, work on the issue, and solve the issue solve?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A favor to ask of anyone with the 8spd transmission nj newb Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 23 07-31-2013 08:59 PM
V6 WK 5spd vs V6 WK2 8spd canis Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 5 02-28-2013 11:02 PM
2014 CRD/8spd, early 2013 release! Jamesla30 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 26 05-06-2012 06:07 PM
Right Hand GC SRT8 ? ENFORCER Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 12 08-01-2011 08:54 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community