Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 11-26-2011, 08:37 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1073
fotomatt1 is on a distinguished road
Jeep Delivery Time?

I accidentally posted this in the SRT8 thread so posting it again here...

Well, my new 2012 Laredo Xwith Hemi was supposed to be in at the dealer yesterday. I got a call yesterday morning that my car was just put on a rail car in Toledo, OH and should be in the port in NJ on Monday, when my dealer can go and pick it up directly from the port since its only 30 miles away.

I'm disappointed because I had done a lot of extra traveling after Thanksgiving to come home and pick it up instead of spending the whole weekend visiting family based on the fact that my salesman said it was definitely going to be in. How much can I rely on the train getting my car from Toledo to Newark in just a day or two? According to my dealer I must take delivery of my car by Nov 30 in order to take advantage of this months leasing programs and cash back. What happens if my car doesn't come in on time as my dealer promised? Am I the one who is penalized for this?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-26-2011, 10:59 PM
Raptor's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 538
Thanks: 1
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 3325
Raptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond reputeRaptor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeep Delivery Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotomatt1 View Post
I accidentally posted this in the SRT8 thread so posting it again here...

Well, my new 2012 Laredo Xwith Hemi was supposed to be in at the dealer yesterday. I got a call yesterday morning that my car was just put on a rail car in Toledo, OH and should be in the port in NJ on Monday, when my dealer can go and pick it up directly from the port since its only 30 miles away.

I'm disappointed because I had done a lot of extra traveling after Thanksgiving to come home and pick it up instead of spending the whole weekend visiting family based on the fact that my salesman said it was definitely going to be in. How much can I rely on the train getting my car from Toledo to Newark in just a day or two? According to my dealer I must take delivery of my car by Nov 30 in order to take advantage of this months leasing programs and cash back. What happens if my car doesn't come in on time as my dealer promised? Am I the one who is penalized for this?

In a word, yes. But the December lease and cash back programs will most likely be the same as Novembers. Jeeps big finish should run until the first of 2012 so your probably be fine with the same incentive program. If anyone thinks thats not correct please post what you know!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-26-2011, 11:38 PM
jgc4ever's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 3,213
Thanks: 0
Thanked 79 Times in 70 Posts
Rep Power: 1160282
jgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond reputejgc4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Jeep Delivery Time?

If the jeep offers are not extended through December, and your Jeep is not delivered until after Nov. 30th, your dealer may be able to back date the purchase date on the paperwork. I've had a dealer change the date to get the rebates before, when it's close.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-27-2011, 12:41 AM
Echo22's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 81
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1347
Echo22 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Jeep Delivery Time?

For mine, train transit time from Toledo to Philly suburbs was really fast, 26 hours for the train to unhook the car. The unload of the vehicle from the train car took another day. For you, figure another few hours of train time to get to Newark, assuming that same route stops to unload where my train car was unhooked.
__________________
Current: 2012 Black WK2 Summit 5.7L
Gone but not forgotten:
2005 Black WK Limited 5.7L
1998 Black ZJ Laredo X 4.0L
1994 Green ZJ Laredo 4.0L
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-27-2011, 12:58 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1073
fotomatt1 is on a distinguished road
Re: Jeep Delivery Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo22 View Post
For mine, train transit time from Toledo to Philly suburbs was really fast, 26 hours for the train to unhook the car. The unload of the vehicle from the train car took another day. For you, figure another few hours of train time to get to Newark, assuming that same route stops to unload where my train car was unhooked.
Good to hear! How did you know what the transit time was? Were you able to track it somehow? According to the sales manager it is scheduled to actually be unloaded off the train in Newark on Monday so perhaps the train is already in the port. At least they dont have to wait for a truck and can just go get it when it's there....only 30 miles away.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-27-2011, 12:51 PM
Jeeters's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 483
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 2513
Jeeters has a reputation beyond reputeJeeters has a reputation beyond reputeJeeters has a reputation beyond reputeJeeters has a reputation beyond reputeJeeters has a reputation beyond reputeJeeters has a reputation beyond reputeJeeters has a reputation beyond reputeJeeters has a reputation beyond reputeJeeters has a reputation beyond reputeJeeters has a reputation beyond reputeJeeters has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Jeep Delivery Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotomatt1 View Post
Good to hear! How did you know what the transit time was? Were you able to track it somehow?
If you join the site, you can get detailed tracking info of your vehicle. More detailed that what the dealer can/will give you. You'll be able to see when it arrives at various rail/truck depots and when it leaves them.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-27-2011, 01:50 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1073
fotomatt1 is on a distinguished road
Well, I'll probably know tomorrow what the story is. It's scheduled to be unloaded at the port tomorrow and the dealer is supposed to call me by lunch time and let me know. If I feel they're still jerking me around by then I'll join and track it. How soon after I join can I get a status update?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-27-2011, 02:20 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NH
Posts: 84
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1228
Sliter'12Overland has a reputation beyond reputeSliter'12Overland has a reputation beyond reputeSliter'12Overland has a reputation beyond reputeSliter'12Overland has a reputation beyond reputeSliter'12Overland has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Jeep Delivery Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotomatt1 View Post
Well, I'll probably know tomorrow what the story is. It's scheduled to be unloaded at the port tomorrow and the dealer is supposed to call me by lunch time and let me know. If I feel they're still jerking me around by then I'll join and track it. How soon after I join can I get a status update?
Depends there are certainly benefits of the site that warrant the membership other than the order tracking but in my case it was pretty quick. One of the senior members Milous handles the tracking so it really depends on how often he checks it. For instance I know that my Jeep is in NY and should be in NH at the dealer 11/30 they were suprised when I told them this morning. I have found this site invaluable and well worth a contribution to keep it going; food for thought. you can also request a copy of your factory build sheet 24hrs after it is built.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-27-2011, 06:53 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1073
fotomatt1 is on a distinguished road
Re: Jeep Delivery Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliter'12Overland View Post
Depends there are certainly benefits of the site that warrant the membership other than the order tracking but in my case it was pretty quick. One of the senior members Milous handles the tracking so it really depends on how often he checks it. For instance I know that my Jeep is in NY and should be in NH at the dealer 11/30 they were suprised when I told them this morning. I have found this site invaluable and well worth a contribution to keep it going; food for thought. you can also request a copy of your factory build sheet 24hrs after it is built.
Got tired of sitting on pins and needles waiting....just joined as Level III and PM'd my VIN to Milous. Hope I hear something back tonight!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeep Delivery Time fotomatt1 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 0 11-26-2011 08:30 AM
Thoughts about the Jeep after delivery cyanideg Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 30 11-19-2011 05:20 PM
time frame - delivery of "real" owners manual? 1200RT-P Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 13 06-20-2011 04:36 PM
Surprising delivery time pwguy Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 20 01-06-2011 05:46 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community