Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 01-17-2013, 03:30 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 154
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 973
a990dna is on a distinguished road
Re: Lets keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAUEE View Post
Oh, that's what he was saying.

I disagree. While I'm not opposed to chrome, I am opposed to American cars trying to look like European cars. The GC was great because it was decidedly American looking. The 14 goes down the path of "I wish I was an ML or Touareg", which I think is a mistake.
I think FAUEE was a mistake.... because you don't know what the hell you're talking about most of the time.



.
__________________

__________________
2013 Wrangler JKUR10A 3.6L DOHC - MDH 032515
:: 2002 Chevrolet G3500 LWB 8.1L - motovan
:: 1991 Cherokee Laredo 4.0L HO - resto in-process
:: 2010 Cherokee SRT8 6.1L Hemi - sold
:: 1965 Plymouth Sedan 562ci Hemi - sold
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-17-2013, 04:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 209
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1196
mistadobalina is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Lets keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoe View Post
The 2013 Mercedes Benz GL and ML have chrome on the front and back of the vehicle just like the new jeep, but if you are a hater of north American automobile all the imports are perfectly well design what a bunch of BS.
__________________

__________________
2012 Grand Cherokee
Laredo X V6
Tow hooks, skids, QT2, Selec Terrain
Tow Pkg
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-18-2013, 01:28 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 298
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 2944
Schweibs has a reputation beyond reputeSchweibs has a reputation beyond reputeSchweibs has a reputation beyond reputeSchweibs has a reputation beyond reputeSchweibs has a reputation beyond reputeSchweibs has a reputation beyond reputeSchweibs has a reputation beyond reputeSchweibs has a reputation beyond reputeSchweibs has a reputation beyond reputeSchweibs has a reputation beyond reputeSchweibs has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgc4ever View Post
I have never seen a Mercedes that I thought was cool looking. They look boring.
Wow, gotta say that's the first time I've heard someone say that, but hey if that's what you think then that's your opinion and everyone's different.
__________________
'11 Laredo / Bright Silver Metallic / V6 / QT1
40% windshield tint, 20% front sides, 255/70/17 GY Wrangler AT Adventures, 5000k LED interior and reverse lights, K&N drop in filter
Audio: Pioneer AVH-X1500, Alpine MRX-M55, Rockford P3-12"
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-18-2013, 01:47 AM
SW03ES's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Posts: 1,783
Thanks: 14
Thanked 45 Times in 39 Posts
Rep Power: 1303429
SW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lets keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by a990dna View Post
i think fauee was a mistake.... Because you don't know what the hell you're talking about most of the time.



.
lol
__________________
~Steve~
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V6 4X4. Maximum Steel w/ Vesuvio Jeep Brown/Indigo Blue. Advanced Tech Pkg.
2013 Lexus GS350 AWD, Liquid Platinum w/ Flaxen. Luxury & Cold Weather Pkg
Previous Jeep: 2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo X w/Nav, QT1 & Trailer Tow
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-18-2013, 02:56 AM
acme20000's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 737
acme20000 is on a distinguished road
Re: Lets keep it real

Don't know WTF this guy is saying, but I will say this, I've gone thru a couple Cars, and everytime a new model and year came out I hated on it a bit, but the damn things grew on me. From GTI's to EVO's. Alot of people just need to get over it, fact is your car/jeep had it's time the new kid is on the block and everyone likes his shoes better, even though alot of people hate the Factory wheels...lmao. They are actually pretty hot. But I will Agree with one thing, another reason WK1 owners love their cars cause they had more of an american styling to it. Big and bulky muscle Jeep, the NEWER one Has some european cues, But still a very agressive Car. Someone on CherokeeSRT8 forum did a review pretty earlt in the game and bashed the handling, not really but he said something to the same point as he felt more confident hitting corners with the WK1 the the 2 because of center of gravity. Tried to say the 2 sits higher. Mind you I've never Driven the WK1 but I call Bullshit. The WK2 has a lower wider more agressive stance, just from looking at both side to side (STOCK of course) Another reason I called Bullshit on this guy is because he said something negative about the brakes... I can see where envy could play a role there, but where I really smelled the bullshit was when he was trying to say something nice about the stance calling the wheels beefy, I don't know about you but the WK2 comes with 20x9 wheels wouldn't consider those to be Beefy. Give me a 20x10/10.5 then we're talking beef. I guess my point is just, give it time and it'll grow on you just like with anything else. The NEW design has helped Jeep sell many of them, even with some of the ridiculous prices out there. Luckly for me I'm military and I don't ever pay over MSRP, infact I had that dealership crying. With my trade lets just say I took mine home @ 40,000
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-18-2013, 08:07 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 209
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1196
mistadobalina is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Lets keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by acme20000 View Post
Don't know WTF this guy is saying, but I will say this, I've gone thru a couple Cars, and everytime a new model and year came out I hated on it a bit, but the damn things grew on me. From GTI's to EVO's. Alot of people just need to get over it, fact is your car/jeep had it's time the new kid is on the block and everyone likes his shoes better, even though alot of people hate the Factory wheels...lmao. They are actually pretty hot. But I will Agree with one thing, another reason WK1 owners love their cars cause they had more of an american styling to it. Big and bulky muscle Jeep, the NEWER one Has some european cues, But still a very agressive Car. Someone on CherokeeSRT8 forum did a review pretty earlt in the game and bashed the handling, not really but he said something to the same point as he felt more confident hitting corners with the WK1 the the 2 because of center of gravity. Tried to say the 2 sits higher. Mind you I've never Driven the WK1 but I call Bullshit. The WK2 has a lower wider more agressive stance, just from looking at both side to side (STOCK of course) Another reason I called Bullshit on this guy is because he said something negative about the brakes... I can see where envy could play a role there, but where I really smelled the bullshit was when he was trying to say something nice about the stance calling the wheels beefy, I don't know about you but the WK2 comes with 20x9 wheels wouldn't consider those to be Beefy. Give me a 20x10/10.5 then we're talking beef. I guess my point is just, give it time and it'll grow on you just like with anything else. The NEW design has helped Jeep sell many of them, even with some of the ridiculous prices out there. Luckly for me I'm military and I don't ever pay over MSRP, infact I had that dealership crying. With my trade lets just say I took mine home @ 40,000
__________________

__________________
2012 Grand Cherokee
Laredo X V6
Tow hooks, skids, QT2, Selec Terrain
Tow Pkg
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
supercharger....for real? Electronut Performance Modifications 20 03-25-2012 08:39 PM
First real post smudge Diesel Powered 2012+ Export Grand Cherokee 6 02-07-2012 09:42 AM
When do we get real news? CaptRB Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 5 01-09-2012 09:57 AM
So how many are cancelling for real? QuickOne Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 58 08-17-2011 10:39 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community