Looking to buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee.. - Page 4 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #37  
Old 01-09-2016, 11:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 128
Thanks: 13
Thanked 31 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 2129
Paul 92688 is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking to buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee..

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmortar View Post
Guys thanks alot for all the info. Just to add, I'm currently in SoCal but will likely move back to VA in a few years. This will be my wife's car so I'm not too worried about power or any thrill factor. Just want it to run good and look good. She's pregnant right now with baby #2 so I'll likely look to buy before the baby is here in April. Guess that gives me time to shop around and be on the hunt for deals.

I bought two cars brand new in the past and swore I would never do it again due to mark up on a new car. But I suppose if I found a great deal I might jump for it.

;You mention SoCal... Have you looked here?

New 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee For Sale | Huntington Beach CA | 1C4RJFJG2FC104161

Is 4x4 summit v6 in Huntgingbton beach for 5K more than your target. Includes new car warranty and you can get a better interest rate on a new vs a used car if you are financing.

Paul

__________________


2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4 x 4 V6
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #38  
Old 01-10-2016, 12:24 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 495
madmortar is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking to buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee..

Ended up buying a VW Touareg tonight...sorry guys.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 01-10-2016, 12:54 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 128
Thanks: 13
Thanked 31 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 2129
Paul 92688 is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking to buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee..

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmortar View Post
Ended up buying a VW Touareg tonight...sorry guys.

Not sorry at all. Enjoy your new car!

Paul
__________________


2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4 x 4 V6
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 01-10-2016, 11:04 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 294
Thanks: 11
Thanked 24 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 2403
rszwestko is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking to buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee..

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmortar View Post
Ended up buying a VW Touareg tonight...sorry guys.

Which package did you get?


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 01-10-2016, 12:05 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 429
Jeep901 is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking to buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee..

instead of creating a new thread, ill piggyback onto this one.

im also looking for a 2014+ Overland. I've actually found a few I like online, none are in my area but im not surprised. I live in Tennessee.

I had planned on purchasing one this past weekend after emailing back and forth with a dealer(who was incredibly nice and helpful). Friday, when I got off work, I sent a few emails and called a few times asking if the vehicle was still available because he stated I could drop a small refundable deposit to place jeep on hold for 24 hours. He finally responded later and said the jeep was sold. I thought this might happen, because it was priced well for the amount of miles. So come Saturday, I notice the vehicle is still on every website for cars including the dealership. I send an availability request under a fake name and an old email. I'm told the Jeep is STILL available and always has been. I reply saying I was lied to about it being sold. Then the dealer who lied sends a text a few minutes later saying, "your overland is available now". I get an email from one dealer saying "it was sent to get a recall taken care of", text from another dealer saying "financing didn't go through for buyer".....

anyways, now I'm in a spot where I still do want the Overland but idk if I trust or want to deal with the dealership. Plus I'd have to drive 5-6 hours to get it.

how common is getting a vehicle shipped? what if you get it shipped and you see something you don't like or you just notice something wrong? having a vehicle shipped scares me but I'd love the convenience.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-10-2016, 12:20 PM
GoPlzGo's Avatar
formerly 14summithemi
My Jeep: 2015 6.4L SRT WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 3,155
Thanks: 339
Thanked 561 Times in 470 Posts
Rep Power: 25577
GoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Looking to buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep901 View Post
instead of creating a new thread, ill piggyback onto this one.

im also looking for a 2014+ Overland. I've actually found a few I like online, none are in my area but im not surprised. I live in Tennessee.

I had planned on purchasing one this past weekend after emailing back and forth with a dealer(who was incredibly nice and helpful). Friday, when I got off work, I sent a few emails and called a few times asking if the vehicle was still available because he stated I could drop a small refundable deposit to place jeep on hold for 24 hours. He finally responded later and said the jeep was sold. I thought this might happen, because it was priced well for the amount of miles. So come Saturday, I notice the vehicle is still on every website for cars including the dealership. I send an availability request under a fake name and an old email. I'm told the Jeep is STILL available and always has been. I reply saying I was lied to about it being sold. Then the dealer who lied sends a text a few minutes later saying, "your overland is available now". I get an email from one dealer saying "it was sent to get a recall taken care of", text from another dealer saying "financing didn't go through for buyer".....

anyways, now I'm in a spot where I still do want the Overland but idk if I trust or want to deal with the dealership. Plus I'd have to drive 5-6 hours to get it.

how common is getting a vehicle shipped? what if you get it shipped and you see something you don't like or you just notice something wrong? having a vehicle shipped scares me but I'd love the convenience.
shipping is easy to arrange and would be <$500 for your distance but I personally would never buy used out of state without the test drive and look over. When you buy new out of state you have the warranty and fact that it's brand new to take most of the risk out of the deal but used?, no protection...a friend near that dealer may be a suitable surrogate for your presence. Just my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-10-2016, 12:41 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 429
Jeep901 is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking to buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14SummitHemi View Post
shipping is easy to arrange and would be <$500 for your distance but I personally would never buy used out of state without the test drive and look over. When you buy new out of state you have the warranty and fact that it's brand new to take most of the risk out of the deal but used?, no protection...a friend near that dealer may be a suitable surrogate for your presence. Just my 2 cents.
I have a sister who lives within 2 hours, I know they'd check it out for me. I trust their opinion. If they like it, I might just have it shipped.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-10-2016, 01:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 495
madmortar is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking to buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rszwestko View Post
Which package did you get?


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Bought a used CPO 2013 V6 sport. Pretty good deal on it and its in great shape. No way could I afford one brand new at 45K+ ha-ha. Loving it so far, steering is super sharp and reminds me of my old GTI. AWD is great as well.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-10-2016, 01:52 PM
GoPlzGo's Avatar
formerly 14summithemi
My Jeep: 2015 6.4L SRT WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 3,155
Thanks: 339
Thanked 561 Times in 470 Posts
Rep Power: 25577
GoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond reputeGoPlzGo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Looking to buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep901 View Post
I have a sister who lives within 2 hours, I know they'd check it out for me. I trust their opinion. If they like it, I might just have it shipped.
cool, I used these guys to ship mine from Houston to Cleveland as I used the group buy when I bought new 11/13. They used the usual open multi-car carrier and did a pros job:

Nationwide Auto Transport Service | Fast Motion Auto Transport LLC

these guys also do it:

Car Transport & Auto Shipping Quotes | uShip

good luck shopping...
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-26-2016, 01:57 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 98
Thanks: 4
Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Rep Power: 416
etl330 is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking to buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee..

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmortar View Post
Bought a used CPO 2013 V6 sport. Pretty good deal on it and its in great shape. No way could I afford one brand new at 45K+ ha-ha. Loving it so far, steering is super sharp and reminds me of my old GTI. AWD is great as well.
This thread is exacty what we are going through. We've been looking at CPO LUX Touaregs vs a Limited Lux2 or overland GC. Right now we are leaning towards the GC since we can find LUX2 Limiteds under 30k and the Jeep CPO seems far superior to VW. 24 months 24k sounds like almost no coverage to me. What made you choose the VW and was your dealership negotiable? The ones we've spoken to seem fixed on their prices, but I've been tracking inventories and not many of them have sold over the month we've been looking.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jeep

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking to buy Dec 2013 build "buy back" Race14racw 2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel 3.0 4 12-21-2014 01:13 AM
looking to buy used 05-06 Grand Cherokee Vs Nissan Xterra talk me out of the Xterra! YOUNGBLOOD Grand Cherokee - WK 9 10-29-2012 12:41 PM
Looking to buy Grand Cherokee Limited V6 4*4 *HELP W/SPECS!!!* Puget Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 8 05-24-2011 12:59 PM
looking to buy WK grand cherokee smith1430 Grand Cherokee - WK 6 06-14-2010 04:15 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.