Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 09-09-2010, 08:53 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1528
chrobird is on a distinguished road
Re: Mineral Gray

here is a pic..
http://www.egmcartech.com/wp-content...mud_main_a.jpg
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-09-2010, 09:13 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UT
Posts: 124
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1657
rb3wreath is on a distinguished road
Re: Mineral Gray

I think this is Mineral Gray:

http://image.fourwheeler.com/f/misce...ndcherokee.jpg
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1528
chrobird is on a distinguished road
Re: Mineral Gray

yes it is....looks beautiful. Best looking IMO
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-09-2010, 09:16 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: UT
Posts: 124
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1657
rb3wreath is on a distinguished road
Re: Mineral Gray

Yeah, this is pretty close to the color of my 2000 GC and now I'm torn between this and white! Anyone know if there's an existing Chrysler car released that has this same Mineral Gray color to get an idea in person?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-09-2010, 09:21 AM
tank47's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 127
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1636
tank47 is on a distinguished road
Re: Mineral Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbeas View Post
Does anyone have a picture of a Jeep in this color?
This is the best pic I've found, and I think it looks great.

Responding to some other posts about seeing it in person....I totally get that and thanks for the advice. I've seen the dark charcoal in person, and it looks good, but it is certainly on the dark side. I also have seen silver, and that was also nice but a shade too light for me. So for me, I feel good going with mineral gray without seeing it in person b/c it should fall right in the middle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2011grandcherokee.jpg (147.6 KB, 36 views)
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1545
Morbeas is on a distinguished road
Re: Mineral Gray

Man that is nice indeed. Now I'm torn between this and my first choice which is Blackberry pearl.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Sid Fields's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 185
Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1725
Sid Fields is on a distinguished road
Re: Mineral Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank47 View Post
This is the best pic I've found, and I think it looks great.

Responding to some other posts about seeing it in person....I totally get that and thanks for the advice. I've seen the dark charcoal in person, and it looks good, but it is certainly on the dark side. I also have seen silver, and that was also nice but a shade too light for me. So for me, I feel good going with mineral gray without seeing it in person b/c it should fall right in the middle.
I think you will be on safe ground going with the gray. Gray was my first choice. I was out over the weekend and got a good look at the Inferno outside in the sunlight and it is much more subdued than I thought from the pictures. Not as bright so I am now considering Inferno.
Every picture I have seen of the gray has made me want to get one. I think but I could be wrong that it is the car in the commercial coming across the river. Anyone know?
This sales guy showed me a car and said "here it is the Mineral Gray" but it was clearly the dark charcoal. They remain clueless. That's why this forum is so valuable.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lafayette, TN
Posts: 179
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1713
Steve52 is on a distinguished road
Re: Mineral Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb3wreath View Post
Yeah, this is pretty close to the color of my 2000 GC and now I'm torn between this and white! Anyone know if there's an existing Chrysler car released that has this same Mineral Gray color to get an idea in person?
I am told that the WK2 Mineral Gray is the same as other Chrysler Mineral Gray paint. I looked at the Dodge Ram truck painted in Mineral gray when I was trying to decide. I have to say that in person the Mineral Gray looks much darker than in the pictures we see of the WK2 painted in it. It does not appear to be a light gray as I was hoping it would. Chrysler dealers seem to have a lot of ram trucks painted in this color so you shouldn't have much trouble finding one in your area.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 09-09-2010, 09:53 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1528
chrobird is on a distinguished road
Re: Mineral Gray

I like the fact that it is a darker gray. The silver is to light while the charcoal is way to dark and looks black. I think the mineral gray is just right!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-09-2010, 10:46 AM
Jim Hef's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 1999 4.7L WJ
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Yardley, PA
Posts: 816
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 2360
Jim Hef is on a distinguished road
Re: Mineral Gray

Yes, I also saw it on a Ram pickup, and on a WK. I liked it on the truck in the showroom, but thought it appeared a bit flat on the WK on an overcast day. It is a bit darker than my present Platinum WJ, but I tend to like the contrast of the chrome bits with the mid-gray color. Waiting to see one in person though...it's something I would need to live with for awhile!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-09-2010, 01:25 PM
tank47's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: ATL
Posts: 127
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1636
tank47 is on a distinguished road
Re: Mineral Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve52 View Post
I am told that the WK2 Mineral Gray is the same as other Chrysler Mineral Gray paint. I looked at the Dodge Ram truck painted in Mineral gray when I was trying to decide. I have to say that in person the Mineral Gray looks much darker than in the pictures we see of the WK2 painted in it. It does not appear to be a light gray as I was hoping it would. Chrysler dealers seem to have a lot of ram trucks painted in this color so you shouldn't have much trouble finding one in your area.
Who told you that? There are other posts i've seen here discussing white gold saying how although they use the same color "name" for each chrysler brand, the color actually varies. I'd love to have someone confirm this.

In the end, i would agree that probably the best way to decide would be by seeing it in person, i just don't want to wait until Easter to get my new jeep!

Someone also mentioned blackberry pearl, i've seen this already in person and I would say of all the colors, this is one you really have to see in person before buying. Sunny days brings out that blue/purple color and then it does look near black on cloudy days. Never seen a car change color quite like that before.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lafayette, TN
Posts: 179
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1713
Steve52 is on a distinguished road
Re: Mineral Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank47 View Post
Who told you that? There are other posts i've seen here discussing white gold saying how although they use the same color "name" for each chrysler brand, the color actually varies. I'd love to have someone confirm this.

In the end, i would agree that probably the best way to decide would be by seeing it in person, i just don't want to wait until Easter to get my new jeep!

Someone also mentioned blackberry pearl, i've seen this already in person and I would say of all the colors, this is one you really have to see in person before buying. Sunny days brings out that blue/purple color and then it does look near black on cloudy days. Never seen a car change color quite like that before.
I was told this by chrysler customer service. Like you I was skeptical so I asked on this forum, and one of the members has a WK in mineral gray. I looked at his pictures, and it did indeed look like the ram truck mineral gray I have seen. None of us have actually seen a mineral gray WK2 except on TV and the internet, so you won't know for sure until you actually see one in person, and that may be a while. I just thought posting my experence with making the decision might help someone else.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mineral Gray Metallic Frankie Paint Wars 9 02-14-2012 01:02 PM
New Commercial Reveals Mineral Gray Will Have "Late Availability" Bucky Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 1 06-22-2010 09:13 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community