I got delivery last Saturday (Nov 5th) and have driven it for a week. Just to work and back actually.
Here are my likes / (and minor quibles).
- It rides really really nice (better than my 2006 Pacifica AWD Limited).
The seats are perfect, fit me to a tee. Just the right amount of support.
And the front/back adjustment is amazing - combined with the 2-way adjustable steering wheel its hard to imagine it not fitting anyone.
- I've tried out the auto wipers, and they work 100%. Before in light rain, I would be turning them from slow intermittent to faster, to off, and back and forth. Now it truly is "set and forget".
- The ACC works great too (although I only put them on once to make sure it worked as advertised). I'm sure it will come in handy on one of my 8 hour drives to Quebec City.
- Fit and finish. I ordered the Brilliant black, and my wife and I went over it upon delivery with a fine tooth comb and the paint was perfect.
The vehicle has zero squeaks and is really "tight" - the quietest vehicle I've ever owned.
- Power. Putting the right foot down delivers instant acceleration.
I was never happy about the sluggish response in my Pacifica. That was one of the reasons I didn't order the V6 in the Jeep, but opted for the V8.
- Finding out that the mirrors tilted in reverse (just like my Pacifica).
This feature does take some getting used to, but once you do, it becomes second nature. Until I took delivery, I didn't know this had it.
- How the vehicle automatically adjusts the interior climate control when started by remote. Now THIS is going to be handy when its -35 out.
- All the storage around the spare tire (which is inside and not under like my previous vehicle). Now I won't have to carry that storage bag inside the cargo area.
- The heated steering wheel. Had it on once when it was near freezing - wow, what a treat not to have to grab a cold wheel
(I felt very spoiled).
- Not knowing when the MDS is on via the EVIC. Instead there is a useless ECO sign that comes on.
- Would have liked the the steering wheel to be a little thinner. Its a little too thick for my liking.
- When I press the unlock button twice the windows don't go down like some posters here reported. They must have discontinued this feature. Seemed like a good idea to me.
- The map pockets are really thin (ie small, narrow). I can't even put my thick Toronto and area map book in there. I don't know what they were thinking.
They should be wider, much wider.
- Since I have to drive on a gravel road (read muddy road) every day for about a mile, its hard to keep the vehicle clean when it has rained.
So the very first day I get to work, I climb out of my new vehicle with my black pants and promptly get dirt on the back of my leg.
I find it really hard to get in or out of the vehicle without getting dirt from the bottom of the sill on my pants.
I wonder if mudflaps or side steps would help here.
Thats it. Nothing major.
Other things I confirmed since reading this forum:
- I do have the snow guard foam piece and weatherstrip under the hood.
- The "mood lighting" is kinda cool. (in the cupholders, door pulls, map pockets, etc) Just wish you could change the colour.
- I checked the "secret compartment" under the drivers seat, and found it chock full of electronics. (I'm thinking its for the heated / cooled seats option) So no storage there I'm afraid.
- I haven't gotten my printed Radio guide and Operating manual, so I'll wait until then to program my iPhone into it, and learn more than the basics of the voice command. I ordered it last week, and it should arrive sometime end of this week.