Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #37  
Old 07-30-2013, 10:08 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,197
Thanks: 1
Thanked 22 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 3109
jp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My replacement is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marosenb View Post
They seemed pretty sure that the water damage caused it... But maybe you are right, and there is still something they have not caught yet.

Did they give you an update on it today? I think at this point with everything you have gone through I would be beyond pissed. I can say at almost 5K miles now mine Overland has been pretty good. It was an early build also built the last week of feb. I have had a couple things with the uconnect acting funny but I think that's what the software update should correct. So hopefully they find the issue and when you get it back it perfect going forward.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 07-30-2013, 10:12 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 269
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 843
marosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp467 View Post

Did they give you an update on it today? I think at this point with everything you have gone through I would be beyond pissed. I can say at almost 5K miles now mine Overland has been pretty good. It was an early build also built the last week of feb. I have had a couple things with the uconnect acting funny but I think that's what the software update should correct. So hopefully they find the issue and when you get it back it perfect going forward.
Nope, nothing from the dealer. Heard from Chrysler customer care. They basically said wait till I get it back from the dealer, then call them back to say if it is working properly or not. I'll call the dealer first thing tomorrow and see what they have to say now.
__________________

__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://youtu.be/H7CbNn0cnUQ:slapfight:
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 07-30-2013, 10:20 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 814
geox19 has a reputation beyond reputegeox19 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by marosenb View Post
Nope, nothing from the dealer. Heard from Chrysler customer care. They basically said wait till I get it back from the dealer, then call them back to say if it is working properly or not. I'll call the dealer first thing tomorrow and see what they have to say now.
I envy your patience

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 07-31-2013, 05:45 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 269
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 843
marosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My replacement is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geox19 View Post
I envy your patience

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Not sure if it is patience, or just being exhausted/stunned/in disbelief that I have been dealing with car troubles since April... I honestly just do not know what else to do at this point.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://youtu.be/H7CbNn0cnUQ:slapfight:
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 07-31-2013, 07:31 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 429
biking4life is on a distinguished road
Re: My replacement is here!

What did you own before the Jeep, marosenb?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-31-2013, 08:14 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 269
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 843
marosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My replacement is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biking4life View Post
What did you own before the Jeep, marosenb?
Before this overland, I had a 2014 JGC limited for 2-3 months
I had an Acura RDX for 3 years before. (lease)
Before the Acura, I had a Jeep Liberty (I really liked that one)
Before the liberty, I had a bunch of used beat up cars...
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://youtu.be/H7CbNn0cnUQ:slapfight:
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-31-2013, 08:26 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 429
biking4life is on a distinguished road
Re: My replacement is here!

Hahaha on the '14 Take 1.

We really like the RDX, it's just not worth trading in the Kia for it since the cargo areas are both 26.1 cu.ft. What's your advice for someone coming from reliable Hondas?

Also please tell your dealer your friends at JeepGarage are dying for you to get your Jeep back so you can convince us that it was a fluke and that it's trouble free now!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-31-2013, 08:49 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 269
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 843
marosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My replacement is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biking4life View Post
Hahaha on the '14 Take 1.

We really like the RDX, it's just not worth trading in the Kia for it since the cargo areas are both 26.1 cu.ft. What's your advice for someone coming from reliable Hondas?

Also please tell your dealer your friends at JeepGarage are dying for you to get your Jeep back so you can convince us that it was a fluke and that it's trouble free now!

When I got the RDX, it was relatively cheap (Think I paid 28K for it), had turbo, which I LOVED, and was the most upscale interior I had ever owned. Since getting it though, having a second child, and a dog, it was just too small.

The CRV is cheaper than the RDX, and is on the same platform, I believe. I know a few people that really love their CRV. But, again, it would be about the same cargo size. IMO, both are a big jump up from Kia...

Don't count Jeep out just yet. I may be getting close to my last straw with them, but if you get a good Jeep, you will undoubtedly love it.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://youtu.be/H7CbNn0cnUQ:slapfight:
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-31-2013, 08:56 AM
Long Live the Graphite Ghost

 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 13,418
Thanks: 55
Thanked 132 Times in 114 Posts
Rep Power: 542612
robpp has disabled reputation
Love it.......spend 40*50k and HOPE you get a good one.


I think I'll take that quote over to jalopnik LOL


And JPS this does add to the thread......I made a funny.


QFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by marosenb View Post
When I got the RDX, it was relatively cheap (Think I paid 28K for it), had turbo, which I LOVED, and was the most upscale interior I had ever owned. Since getting it though, having a second child, and a dog, it was just too small.

The CRV is cheaper than the RDX, and is on the same platform, I believe. I know a few people that really love their CRV. But, again, it would be about the same cargo size. IMO, both are a big jump up from Kia...

Don't count Jeep out just yet. I may be getting close to my last straw with them, but if you get a good Jeep, you will undoubtedly love it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-31-2013, 09:26 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 429
biking4life is on a distinguished road
Re: My replacement is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marosenb View Post
The CRV is cheaper than the RDX, and is on the same platform, I believe. I know a few people that really love their CRV. But, again, it would be about the same cargo size. IMO, both are a big jump up from Kia...

Don't count Jeep out just yet. I may be getting close to my last straw with them, but if you get a good Jeep, you will undoubtedly love it.
The CR-V lost out to the Sportage in 2011- it just is so underpowered and I can't imagine it loaded with people and stuff. I agree on the turbo, it totally makes the Kia worth it! You're making me look for a 2013 instead of a 2014 with all of these electronic issues

Yeah, my thoughts exactly robpp, spend Audi money on a Jeep and hope you get a good one.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-31-2013, 10:37 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 269
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 843
marosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My replacement is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by biking4life View Post
You're making me look for a 2013 instead of a 2014 with all of these electronic issues


Actually, just to be technically accurate, only the new Overland had electrical issues. My previous limited seemed mostly mechanical. Engine shutting down while driving, transmission refusing to shift, that sorta thing. At one point, I was at a dead stop at a red light, with the engine revving to 4K rpms, until it eventually quit.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

http://youtu.be/H7CbNn0cnUQ:slapfight:
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-31-2013, 10:43 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 814
geox19 has a reputation beyond reputegeox19 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by marosenb View Post
Actually, just to be technically accurate, only the new Overland had electrical issues. My previous limited seemed mostly mechanical. Engine shutting down while driving, transmission refusing to shift, that sorta thing. At one point, I was at a dead stop at a red light, with the engine revving to 4K rpms, until it eventually quit.
I actually think all new cars that have the newer technology have weird electronic problems. I know for sure the Nissan pathfinder I had before this jeep did and now my s5 does both have quit on me in the middle of the road. The pathfinder was the scariest vehicle I've ever owned. Everytime it quit on me it was a sensor different one every time.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replacement speakers Siner)8 Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 4 06-01-2012 06:16 PM
Caliper replacement TJXJWJ Wheels/Tires/Brakes 13 06-30-2011 09:19 PM
Replacement Battery quadrille Grand Cherokee - WK 11 01-21-2011 12:24 PM
seat replacement 05srt12b Grand Cherokee - WK 11 01-21-2011 03:43 AM
Windshield Replacement. JeepKid Grand Cherokee - WK 9 01-06-2011 07:39 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community