Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #49  
Old 07-31-2013, 02:51 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 269
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 712
marosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My replacement is here!

Oh brother. just heard from the service department...

So I guess there were multiple computer modules that got f'ed up by the water. They got the BCM, and replaced it, then realized that some integrated control module was still screwed, so they ordered one of those. Well, after getting that in, today they realized that other electronic components still were not working, like the entire radio, so today, they put in an order for a new radio.


WTF.
__________________

__________________


http://youtu.be/H7CbNn0cnUQ
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-31-2013, 06:48 PM
acilate's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 512
Thanks: 174
Thanked 27 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 955
acilate has a reputation beyond reputeacilate has a reputation beyond reputeacilate has a reputation beyond reputeacilate has a reputation beyond reputeacilate has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My replacement is here!

I would ask them to replace all of the modules. Then they can figure out which ones still work later and keep them in stock for another repair.
__________________

__________________
Commuter: 2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT Spec. B #345 of 500 made
Weekender: 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 EcoDiesel: Granite Crystal Metallic, Morocco Black, Off-Road Adventure II, Adv Tech Group
Ordered 8/9 :: Pre-Release 8/15 :: D1 9/7 :: Built 9/27 :: KZ 10/26
Delivered: 10/9 11/9
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 07-31-2013, 07:36 PM
2014GC's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Atlanta Ga.
Posts: 204
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 599
2014GC is on a distinguished road
Re: My replacement is here!

I feel I must chime in. No one knows what damage the water in the modules has done. The water has basically caused a short.I have seen automobiles with this kind of damage totaled. When the water hit the module how do they know it did not send a charge through the whole vehicle. What about the brake module,it got to the radio.I would not feel safe driving the vehicle after such water damage has been done. There is more amperage is a 12 volt system than in the outlet you plug your coffee pot into. More damage can be done. On a 12 volt system failure to components might not show up for a year. I would contact Chrysler and tell them you want another new vehicle or your money back.Then contact a lawyer.This is BS for them to try and put your replacement back together. As I said I would not feel safe driving a JGC or any other vehicle that has had water damage of this sort. No one knows the damage that might have been done.
I am a home builder in Atlanta but my background is in electrical engineering. I would also contact my insurance company and finance company if it's financed. Tell them what is going on.See if your insurance will still insure it!
It is not worth the chance that sometime in the future something like a brake or other electrical module or harness might fail due water damage.
Do you remember how it felt when you lost your steering? Imagine how it would feel to loose your brakes at 50mph.
Get them to take it back!
Sorry for the rant but this is just unbelievable that you are putting up with this for so long on two different new Jeeps.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 08-01-2013, 12:20 AM
SRT 8 The Red Head's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 321
SRT 8 The Red Head is on a distinguished road
Re: My replacement is here!

sweet, why did it take three months?
what were the faults you had
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 08-01-2013, 09:47 AM
Chunderboy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 833
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 77539
Chunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My replacement is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014GC View Post
I feel I must chime in. No one knows what damage the water in the modules has done. The water has basically caused a short.I have seen automobiles with this kind of damage totaled. When the water hit the module how do they know it did not send a charge through the whole vehicle. What about the brake module,it got to the radio.I would not feel safe driving the vehicle after such water damage has been done. There is more amperage is a 12 volt system than in the outlet you plug your coffee pot into. More damage can be done. On a 12 volt system failure to components might not show up for a year. I would contact Chrysler and tell them you want another new vehicle or your money back.Then contact a lawyer.This is BS for them to try and put your replacement back together. As I said I would not feel safe driving a JGC or any other vehicle that has had water damage of this sort. No one knows the damage that might have been done.
I am a home builder in Atlanta but my background is in electrical engineering. I would also contact my insurance company and finance company if it's financed. Tell them what is going on.See if your insurance will still insure it!
It is not worth the chance that sometime in the future something like a brake or other electrical module or harness might fail due water damage.
Do you remember how it felt when you lost your steering? Imagine how it would feel to loose your brakes at 50mph.
Get them to take it back!
Sorry for the rant but this is just unbelievable that you are putting up with this for so long on two different new Jeeps.
Gotta agree with you on this one. Auto's these days are run by tech and computers and who the ef knows what sort of damage could have been caused by bad engineering or installation. As for the amount of time they have had it, I would be more pissed than you are right now. Not to say that, that is good, but I would be all up in their business for this.

my 5 cents.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 08-01-2013, 09:49 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 269
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 712
marosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My replacement is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRT 8 The Red Head View Post
sweet, why did it take three months?
what were the faults you had
The first one would refuse to shift gears, then the engine would die, while I was in motion.

Took months, because of Chrysler. They preferred to keep trying to fix it.

The replacement however is now also f'ed up.
__________________


http://youtu.be/H7CbNn0cnUQ
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 08-01-2013, 09:51 AM
Chunderboy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 833
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 77539
Chunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My replacement is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marosenb View Post
The first one would refuse to shift gears, then the engine would die, while I was in motion.

Took months, because of Chrysler. They preferred to keep trying to fix it.

The replacement however is now also f'ed up.
Does the lemon law come into play at all here?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 08-01-2013, 09:53 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 269
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 712
marosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My replacement is here!

@Chunderboy & @ 2014GC


I told the dealer that I am not happy, and then my wife stormed the dealership saying that we want out of the whole deal. She is waiting to hear back from the owner.
__________________


http://youtu.be/H7CbNn0cnUQ
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 08-01-2013, 09:54 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 269
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 712
marosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My replacement is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunderboy View Post
Does the lemon law come into play at all here?
That is why Chrysler agreed to the first one being replaced... I had finally hit the requirements for Connecticut lemon law... Instead of having to go through the whole process, Chrysler agreed to buyback the original Jeep, so I could shop for a new one.
__________________


http://youtu.be/H7CbNn0cnUQ
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 08-01-2013, 09:56 AM
Chunderboy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 833
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 77539
Chunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My replacement is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marosenb View Post
@Chunderboy & @ 2014GC


I told the dealer that I am not happy, and then my wife stormed the dealership saying that we want out of the whole deal. She is waiting to hear back from the owner.
Man, I hope you get out of it. Its almost a joke at this point. If they don't want to let you out, i'd also be all up in every local news station showing them the video and rattling off your story about the dealership. Now, of course that is the nuclear option, but keep that in your back pocket unless all else fails.

Local stations love the "bad car dealership" story. BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 08-01-2013, 10:11 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 269
Thanks: 7
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 712
marosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond reputemarosenb has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My replacement is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunderboy View Post
Man, I hope you get out of it. Its almost a joke at this point. If they don't want to let you out, i'd also be all up in every local news station showing them the video and rattling off your story about the dealership. Now, of course that is the nuclear option, but keep that in your back pocket unless all else fails.

Local stations love the "bad car dealership" story. BREAKING NEWS BREAKING NEWS
I have tried to be fairly calm about all of this, and tried not to yell at people too much... I prefer to believe that people will eventually want to do the right thing.

Today, though, I am feeling like the last of my patience is quickly fading...
__________________


http://youtu.be/H7CbNn0cnUQ
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 08-01-2013, 10:15 AM
Chunderboy's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 833
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 77539
Chunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond reputeChunderboy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My replacement is here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marosenb View Post
Oh brother. just heard from the service department...

So I guess there were multiple computer modules that got f'ed up by the water. They got the BCM, and replaced it, then realized that some integrated control module was still screwed, so they ordered one of those. Well, after getting that in, today they realized that other electronic components still were not working, like the entire radio, so today, they put in an order for a new radio.


WTF.
I'm sorry brother, but you're getting taken for a ride. I would be there demanding an efing refund or every newspaper radio and tv station would be informed about this isht. You have been more than generous with your time and money and its now their time to do right by you. I would be slinging mo'fo's across the dealership at this point.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replacement speakers Siner)8 Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 4 06-01-2012 06:16 PM
Caliper replacement TJXJWJ Wheels/Tires/Brakes 13 06-30-2011 09:19 PM
Replacement Battery quadrille Grand Cherokee - WK 11 01-21-2011 12:24 PM
seat replacement 05srt12b Grand Cherokee - WK 11 01-21-2011 03:43 AM
Windshield Replacement. JeepKid Grand Cherokee - WK 9 01-06-2011 07:39 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community