New: 2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude Edition - Page 46 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #541  
Old 08-18-2015, 06:12 PM
overlanding's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,479
Thanks: 809
Thanked 227 Times in 199 Posts
Rep Power: 8465
overlanding has a reputation beyond reputeoverlanding has a reputation beyond reputeoverlanding has a reputation beyond reputeoverlanding has a reputation beyond reputeoverlanding has a reputation beyond reputeoverlanding has a reputation beyond reputeoverlanding has a reputation beyond reputeoverlanding has a reputation beyond reputeoverlanding has a reputation beyond reputeoverlanding has a reputation beyond reputeoverlanding has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New: 2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by rszwestko View Post
I wonder how much discount will the dealers give off that 50k sticker once the car is out for a year.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

The same that they are discounting the Overlands?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #542  
Old 08-18-2015, 06:45 PM
ssgunner's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: So Cal
Posts: 950
Thanks: 19
Thanked 55 Times in 51 Posts
Rep Power: 1940
ssgunner has a reputation beyond reputessgunner has a reputation beyond reputessgunner has a reputation beyond reputessgunner has a reputation beyond reputessgunner has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New: 2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude Edition

Just finished reading this thread. Wow, my head hurts...
__________________
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x2 5.7 HEMI MAX Steel>Build Date:Oct/13-Mods: Billet CC Blue, Searching for best exhaust option...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ssgunner For This Useful Post:
  #543  
Old 08-18-2015, 07:14 PM
Hitchhiking
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,264
Thanks: 9
Thanked 189 Times in 166 Posts
Rep Power: 0
skunkd is on a distinguished road
New: 2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by rszwestko View Post
I am too planning on moving over from X5 next year, how is your experience with service and which dealer do you use, I am assuming you are in NY like myself. I am looking at either a Summit or HA (forgetting the styling) my main concern is getting a V6 with a crappy transmission, but at the same time I don't feel like spending 3k more for a V8....

My experience with service has been ok at best. I used Huntington Jeep for my first service. The communication I got while my car was there was lacking and I had to call for updates on when it was ready myself otherwise it who knows when they would have called. It stayed a day extra because they forgot to call and tell me it was done. There was no loaner car at the time and I'm not sure if they do any at all. This was a major negative, even honda has loaner cars in our market. I had to use a shuttle service which I haven't had to do in I can't remember how long (probably 2003). They threw out all the parts I wanted to retain as spares (perfectly good front OEM shocks and sway bars.) The work done was good and sound. The price was fair for dealer pricing I was expecting about what they charged. In the end I'd give the experience a 7/10. I'm used to much better service and communication. Also loaners are key in some markets if not all! Especially when the car is staying multiple days for work and you bought max care lifetime warranty to be able to get loaners from whatever dealers offer them.

This is my one and only experience so far. I only have 5000 trouble free miles so far. Tranny has been great just let it warm up properly before getting on it.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
  #544  
Old 08-18-2015, 09:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 294
Thanks: 11
Thanked 24 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 2402
rszwestko is on a distinguished road
Re: New: 2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkd View Post
My experience with service has been ok at best. I used Huntington Jeep for my first service. The communication I got while my car was there was lacking and I had to call for updates on when it was ready myself otherwise it who knows when they would have called. It stayed a day extra because they forgot to call and tell me it was done. There was no loaner car at the time and I'm not sure if they do any at all. This was a major negative, even honda has loaner cars in our market. I had to use a shuttle service which I haven't had to do in I can't remember how long (probably 2003). They threw out all the parts I wanted to retain as spares (perfectly good front OEM shocks and sway bars.) The work done was good and sound. The price was fair for dealer pricing I was expecting about what they charged. In the end I'd give the experience a 7/10. I'm used to much better service and communication. Also loaners are key in some markets if not all! Especially when the car is staying multiple days for work and you bought max care lifetime warranty to be able to get loaners from whatever dealers offer them.

This is my one and only experience so far. I only have 5000 trouble free miles so far. Tranny has been great just let it warm up properly before getting on it.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

Thank you for replying that was very helpful. I heard Huntington isn't the best dealership, I did read somewhere that East Hills is pretty decent. I'll start doing my research closer to the purchase date. Not to change the subject but it's important to have a good dealership for service, I am not looking for flowers and Starbucks coffee like BMW has, but I need at least a loaner if the repair takes longer than a day, but that's a topic for a different forum.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
  #545  
Old 08-18-2015, 09:17 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 307
Thanks: 3
Thanked 22 Times in 17 Posts
Rep Power: 3392
Copefree has a reputation beyond reputeCopefree has a reputation beyond reputeCopefree has a reputation beyond reputeCopefree has a reputation beyond reputeCopefree has a reputation beyond reputeCopefree has a reputation beyond reputeCopefree has a reputation beyond reputeCopefree has a reputation beyond reputeCopefree has a reputation beyond reputeCopefree has a reputation beyond reputeCopefree has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New: 2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude Edition

Because I am a 'returning' customer (bought my '14 Overland from them), my guy gave me the 'friends and family' discount on the '15 HA which comes out to 1% below invoice (I did the math).

$48,190 selling price with destination. Sticker is $50,880 (HA, V6, HK Audio).

I am thinking we can do better than that. Pretty sure I got 3% below invoice on my '14 Overland. That was 2.5 years ago now, so memory is a little foggy.
__________________
- Ryan

2015 JGC High Altitude / 5.7L V8 / HK Audio / Billet Silver // Took Delivery 11/13/15

Previous: 2014 Overland / V6 / Advanced Tech / Granite (took delivery 4/10/13)
  #546  
Old 08-18-2015, 09:24 PM
BlckWK2's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 775
Thanks: 134
Thanked 131 Times in 88 Posts
Rep Power: 2052
BlckWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlckWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlckWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlckWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlckWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlckWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlckWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlckWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlckWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlckWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlckWK2 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: New: 2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copefree View Post
Because I am a 'returning' customer (bought my '14 Overland from them), my guy gave me the 'friends and family' discount on the '15 HA which comes out to 1% below invoice (I did the math).



$48,190 selling price with destination. Sticker is $50,880 (HA, V6, HK Audio).



I am thinking we can do better than that. Pretty sure I got 3% below invoice on my '14 Overland. That was 2.5 years ago now, so memory is a little foggy.

It's because of how new. Wait a few months when the 16' JGC's start to show up on the lots. Then go back to negotiate a 15' HA.


~ Sent from my mobile device
__________________

Phil
14' Altitude
  #547  
Old 08-18-2015, 10:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 77
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 595
Edumakated is on a distinguished road
Re: New: 2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude Edition

So I've decided to take the plunge on a JGC but I'm trying to decide between the HA and Summit. I prefer the aesthetics of the HA but wish it had all the options of the Summit.

There seems to be some conflicting info on the Jeep website, info on this forum, and even info I've found on autotrader, etc in regards to what options the HA has available.

According to Jeep.com, the HA does not have the heated steering wheel, no selec-terrain, no parkview rear camera, and no power lift gate. I can probably live without the heated steering wheel, but I think I'd want the other options. HOwever, this information conflicts with other stuff I have seen.

A HA on autotrader showed that it does have a rear backup camera. I can't believe the HA wouldn't have a power lift gate when the overland does. Also, the selec-terrain is clearly shown in some of the pictures I have seen of HA. I don't know if the jeep.com website is just wrong or am I missing something?

I really wish Jeep would offer a blacked out version of the Summit. Chrome is so played out.
  #548  
Old 08-19-2015, 12:44 AM
Hitchhiking
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,264
Thanks: 9
Thanked 189 Times in 166 Posts
Rep Power: 0
skunkd is on a distinguished road
Re: New: 2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by rszwestko View Post
Thank you for replying that was very helpful. I heard Huntington isn't the best dealership, I did read somewhere that East Hills is pretty decent. I'll start doing my research closer to the purchase date. Not to change the subject but it's important to have a good dealership for service, I am not looking for flowers and Starbucks coffee like BMW has, but I need at least a loaner if the repair takes longer than a day, but that's a topic for a different forum.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

I will try east hills next time and see how it is.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
  #549  
Old 08-19-2015, 12:59 PM
antsjeep's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2015 WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,137
Thanks: 184
Thanked 204 Times in 175 Posts
Rep Power: 18192
antsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond reputeantsjeep has a reputation beyond repute
New: 2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by skunkd View Post
I will try east hills next time and see how it is.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Where in NY do you live? I thought you were down in DE?
__________________
2015 Altitude - Billet Silver
SRT Springs, Taillight Bezels, Red Start Button, Pedals & Grille Mesh, Black Lugs,
Mopar 4" Chrome exhaust tips, 1.25" Bora Wheel Spacers,
Sylvania Ultra H11's,
LED Taillight Bulbs, 15% Tint, Polk DB Center Channel, Mopar All Weather Mats

  #550  
Old 08-19-2015, 01:28 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 838
Thanks: 53
Thanked 154 Times in 103 Posts
Rep Power: 18870
protect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond reputeprotect1989 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: New: 2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude Edition

Lets keep this thread about the High Altitude. You all can PM each other about different dealerships and experiences.
__________________
2015 Overland V6
Billet Silver
Advanced Tech
Mods: Gunvault, Rear Slush Mat, Tint, Valentine One, LED Fog lamps, Michelin Premier LTX

Previous Jeeps:
2007 & 2011 - Laredo
2014 - Limited

  #551  
Old 08-19-2015, 01:30 PM
antjones21's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2016 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 67
Thanks: 25
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 986
antjones21 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: New: 2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude Edition

Anyone with a current lease thinking about getting one of these HA? I have a '14 Altitude and the HA is what I really want. But my lease isn't up until May '17. Wondering if Jeep has any lease trade-in offers going on?
  #552  
Old 08-19-2015, 10:24 PM
trent88's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 310
Thanks: 31
Thanked 17 Times in 14 Posts
Rep Power: 2084
trent88 has a reputation beyond reputetrent88 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: New: 2015 Grand Cherokee High Altitude Edition

I finally got to see a white one today in person. And it does look pretty good! I agree with several other members that it is kinda mis matched with the chrome, black chrome, and gloss black. I think if they would have done the window trim black chrome as well as the wheels (and I think the summit wheels black chrome) would really have completed the look and made it about perfect!

Other thing I noticed and didn't really care for is the interior... It just seems for this much money they should have made it a little more special. Just seems so plain. Like someone else said it looks like a limited interior.

Maybe they will tweak it for 2016 and address a few of these issues. Over all very nice jeep though and happy that jeep is opening up their line up and adding some of these special models.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
__________________________________________________ ________________________
My JEEP 2012 Black WK2 Altitude - Tinted Tails - Tinted Windows - Exhaust Tip - Painted Calipers
My Wife's JEEP 2015 White WK2 Altitude - Tinted Tails - Tinted Windows - Gloss Black Tail Light Bezels - Gloss Black Wrapped Window Trim
Closed Thread

Tags
2015, grand cherokee

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Altitude with Attitude :: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude dennisgoss Member Garage Discussions 0 12-14-2014 02:39 PM
BlckWJ2 :: 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Edition BlckWK2 Member Garage Discussions 0 05-01-2014 09:41 AM
Can I mix High mileage Full synthetic with regular High Mileage? sergioad89 Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust 8 06-30-2012 07:38 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.