Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 for Summit? - Page 2 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 04-07-2015, 02:52 PM
AquaForester's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 732
Thanks: 2
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 7995
AquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 for Summit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemispin View Post
What makes you think they would be larger if they are made to a given size?? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of offering different sizes?
From what I can tell different brands run taller/shorter wider/thinner then other brand within the same size category. For example it looks like the G2s are running at least wider then the NTG before.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14  
Old 04-08-2015, 07:06 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 162
Thanks: 3
Thanked 25 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 1200
Hemispin is on a distinguished road
Re: Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 for Summit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaForester View Post
From what I can tell different brands run taller/shorter wider/thinner then other brand within the same size category. For example it looks like the G2s are running at least wider then the NTG before.
If you say so....
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-10-2015, 10:57 AM
AquaForester's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 732
Thanks: 2
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 7995
AquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 for Summit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemispin View Post
If you say so....
This is what Nitto says:


"Terra Grappler G2 265/50R20 111S = Overall Diameter 30.47/ Overall Width 10.91
Original Terra Grappler 265/50R20 111S = Overall Diameter 30.51 / Overall Width 10.75

Terra Grappler G2 275/55R20 117T = Overall Diameter 31.89 / Overall Width 11.18
Original Terra Grappler 275/55R20 117S = Overall Diameter 31.80 / Overall Width 11.10"

So overall the G2 is wider. In stock size it has about the same OD. In the 275/55/20 size the tire is also slighty taller as well.

Isn't a lot, but if your going up in size it could make the difference between rubbing or not rubbing in some cases.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-10-2015, 04:41 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 162
Thanks: 3
Thanked 25 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 1200
Hemispin is on a distinguished road
Re: Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 for Summit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaForester View Post
This is what Nitto says:


"Terra Grappler G2 265/50R20 111S = Overall Diameter 30.47/ Overall Width 10.91
Original Terra Grappler 265/50R20 111S = Overall Diameter 30.51 / Overall Width 10.75

Terra Grappler G2 275/55R20 117T = Overall Diameter 31.89 / Overall Width 11.18
Original Terra Grappler 275/55R20 117S = Overall Diameter 31.80 / Overall Width 11.10"

So overall the G2 is wider. In stock size it has about the same OD. In the 275/55/20 size the tire is also slighty taller as well.

Isn't a lot, but if your going up in size it could make the difference between rubbing or not rubbing in some cases.
So the G2 in 275/55/20 is .090" taller. That's a .045" difference in radius. Less than 1/16" of an inch. BFD. That trivial difference won't matter.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-10-2015, 05:28 PM
AquaForester's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 732
Thanks: 2
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 7995
AquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 for Summit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemispin View Post
So the G2 in 275/55/20 is .090" taller. That's a .045" difference in radius. Less than 1/16" of an inch. BFD. That trivial difference won't matter.

This was my original question to people running stock size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaForester View Post
You guys running the G2s in stock size (265/50/20) I know it's technically the same size as the Forteras, but is the G2 a little taller and wider. It seems like they are making the G2s larger.
So I'm not sure what your point is? I was asking people who have the stock size if they are taller and wider and you bring out the smallest difference in the 275 size. Brands of tires do run taller/wider etc, so get over yourself.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-10-2015, 11:49 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 162
Thanks: 3
Thanked 25 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 1200
Hemispin is on a distinguished road
Re: Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 for Summit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaForester View Post
You guys running the G2s in stock size (265/50/20) I know it's technically the same size as the Forteras, but is the G2 a little taller and wider. It seems like they are making the G2s larger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaForester View Post
So I'm not sure what your point is? I was asking people who have the stock size if they are taller and wider and you bring out the smallest difference in the 275 size. Brands of tires do run taller/wider etc, so get over yourself.
You quoted yourself and responded to yourself there, ace. So I can't tell if you're telling me to get over yourself, or myself, or what your point is. lol
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-11-2015, 10:03 AM
Barboots's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 2,449
Thanks: 137
Thanked 349 Times in 296 Posts
Rep Power: 42416
Barboots has disabled reputation
Re: Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 for Summit?

A tyre's width is determined by the section... however the tread width can vary within that size quite noticeably. Increase in tread depth often results in rolling diameter increase, however it's unlikely you'd ever pick it by eye.

Isn't it easier to just be nice?

Cheers,
Steve
__________________
2014 Overland CRD
Perth, Western Australia
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barboots For This Useful Post:
  #20  
Old 04-13-2015, 08:07 AM
AquaForester's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 732
Thanks: 2
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 7995
AquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond reputeAquaForester has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 for Summit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barboots View Post
A tyre's width is determined by the section... however the tread width can vary within that size quite noticeably. Increase in tread depth often results in rolling diameter increase, however it's unlikely you'd ever pick it by eye.

Isn't it easier to just be nice?

Cheers,
Steve
Thanks for that clear explanation!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
summit

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
20" Nitto Terra Grapplers h2obuff Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires 107 02-16-2015 08:29 AM
285, 70r, 17 nitto terra grapplers on XD crank rims Taymony Off Road Modifications 7 06-21-2013 03:04 PM
New 20" KMC Hoss wheels w/ Nitto Terra Grapplers bweimar2 Interior/Exterior/Visual 16 02-20-2012 07:28 PM
New Tires....Nitto Terra Grapplers 275/55/20 felipito Suspension/Driveline/Brakes/Wheels/Tires 28 02-17-2012 07:21 PM
Nitto Terra Grapplers Are The S@&t! GCL06 Member Product Reviews 9 01-01-2011 11:05 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.