Visited dealer on July 3rd, and test drove a Laredo with the 5.7, leather, 730N, 4x2 and really enjoyed the ride. Wife and I have 2 GCs now (2nd gen and 3rd gen) and have also had a 1st gen GC.
Decided to order an Overland on the spot and put up deposit.
Dealer couldn't answer questions about Quadra Drive II and Quadra Lift definitively, but committed to making sure the Jeep we got was the one we wanted.
Ordered Overland 4x4 with Natural Green Pearl, 5.7, Engine Block Heater, Beige interior, requested to be sure that we got QD II and QL.
After some time passed, found out best way to get QD II was to order with ORA II, which we did.
Got a follow up call the following week of asking if we wanted 730N or 430N (Garmin) since the options had changed. Was in tight spot at the moment and agreed to 730N.
Within a few days, asked to switch back to 430N after doing some research (Harmon doesn't have a great track record and have been using Garmin for years), said it would be taken care of.
More time goes by and Rep says he isn't happy with switching because we might change our mind again. Since this was the first thing we'd actually changed our mind on, it didn't make sense to us.
After further conversation Rep finally agrees and things go quiet. We send over simple spec sheet to insure we're all on the same page:
Overland 4x4 (must have QL and 430N)
Natural Green Pearl
ORA II (must have QD II)
Engine Block Heater
Later, we find out that the 430N was not what was requested by the rep. At this point, we are quite frustrated and are told the best way to get the nearly 50k vehicle we want is to start over and it wouldn't take any more time than changing the current order. Note, there's apparently a VIN at this point, but we never got it.
We call Jeep CSR to figure out why this is so hard to give them money and they say go ahead and reorder they'll expedite and have a VIN within a few days, this is on Aug 3.
Of course, we don't have a VIN yet and we're 6 weeks into the process