Originally Posted by Rynn
I want a specific JGC (colors/features with V6) and don't mine waiting for it. Obviously I will ask the dealer these questions, but checking for any feedback/advice on the process.
Q1. What sort of down payment is required/typical?
Q2. How much paperwork would I end up signing for the order?
Q3. What happens if I change my mind while waiting or when it arrives?
Q4. Is there some sort of status checking to monitor the progress?
Q5. Anything else I should know?
1. Varies from dealer to dealer but usually 500-1000
2. I've never signed any paperwork on an order, but that varies with each dealer
3. You have a little while after your order is placed until I think it's in the D1 status
4. Jeep has a system called vots to track, but it's not highly accurate, however if you become a level 3 member on this site, you can follow it in mots, very accurate and updated daily(this is what I and many others did)
5. Just keep reading the threads and posts on this site and you'll learn a ton🍺