Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 10-22-2010, 11:50 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 65
Thanks: 5
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1590
RedBolt has a reputation beyond reputeRedBolt has a reputation beyond reputeRedBolt has a reputation beyond repute
Overland Questions

Fell in love with the Overland in June but really wanted the safety features such as the adaptive cruise control and blind spot detection. Got a call from the dealer on Sep 16 who told me the safety features were now available to order and so I ordered my Overland on Sep 18. I also wanted the 730 Nav but the dealer said only the 430 Nav was available for the Overland at that point.

From reading the posts, it appears I'll probably get the adaptive cruise control and collision avoidance but the rest of the safety features were NOT part of that package I ordered on Sep 18 - correct? Also, was he correct that I could not order the 730 nav - even as an option? The most important thing to me is the real time traffic feature of the 730, which I don't think the 430 has. Does anyone know if there is any way I could get real time traffic on the 430?

Finally...this is a great website and I would love to support it. However, I do not use Pay Pal and apparently this site is not set up to take credit cards. I've looked around for an address to send a check but cannot find one. Could you post an address so that I and others like me can support the site without having to open a Pay Pal account.

Thanks again and great work!

Overland 4x4 Hemi
Blackberry Pearl
Off Road Adventure II
Adaptive Cruise Control
Ordered Sep 18, 2010
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-22-2010, 11:52 AM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 383
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1846
bpmcgee is on a distinguished road
Re: Overland Questions

I can answer part of that -- the 430N does NOT have real-time traffic updates. It has "travel link" which is videos, other junk.

B
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 275
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 1747
IndyBob has a spectacular aura about
Re: Overland Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBolt View Post
Fell in love with the Overland in June but really wanted the safety features such as the adaptive cruise control and blind spot detection. Got a call from the dealer on Sep 16 who told me the safety features were now available to order and so I ordered my Overland on Sep 18. I also wanted the 730 Nav but the dealer said only the 430 Nav was available for the Overland at that point.

From reading the posts, it appears I'll probably get the adaptive cruise control and collision avoidance but the rest of the safety features were NOT part of that package I ordered on Sep 18 - correct? Also, was he correct that I could not order the 730 nav - even as an option? The most important thing to me is the real time traffic feature of the 730, which I don't think the 430 has. Does anyone know if there is any way I could get real time traffic on the 430?

Finally...this is a great website and I would love to support it. However, I do not use Pay Pal and apparently this site is not set up to take credit cards. I've looked around for an address to send a check but cannot find one. Could you post an address so that I and others like me can support the site without having to open a Pay Pal account.

Thanks again and great work!

Overland 4x4 Hemi
Blackberry Pearl
Off Road Adventure II
Adaptive Cruise Control
Ordered Sep 18, 2010
I ordered on Oct 5 and ordered the ADG Advanced Waring/Adaptive Cruise and it was my understanding that includes front and rear collision and side blind spot warning. The package listed for $1295. From what I have been reading I may not be seeing my Overland until February.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-22-2010, 03:20 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 65
Thanks: 5
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1590
RedBolt has a reputation beyond reputeRedBolt has a reputation beyond reputeRedBolt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Overland Questions

That's great news...hope you are right! That is what I was told and I also paid $1295.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,169
Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 2658
jeep2011 has a reputation beyond reputejeep2011 has a reputation beyond reputejeep2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Overland Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmcgee View Post
I can answer part of that -- the 430N does NOT have real-time traffic updates. It has "travel link" which is videos, other junk.

B
If travel link is activated it should show realtime traffic reports on screen.....as well as realtime weather, gas prices, sports info, and movie info.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-22-2010, 04:48 PM
BEERnALE's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Central, PA
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1521
BEERnALE is on a distinguished road
Re: Overland Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBolt View Post
Finally...this is a great website and I would love to support it. However, I do not use Pay Pal and apparently this site is not set up to take credit cards. I've looked around for an address to send a check but cannot find one. Could you post an address so that I and others like me can support the site without having to open a Pay Pal account.

You can use your credit card without any issues whatsoever!

http://www.jeepgarage.org/payments.php

Just go to the link and select your level... and choose "order", then click on "Order Using PayPal"... and you'll have the option to use a credit card.

Immediately after submitting I was upgraded on the JeepGarage.org site!

I'm sure they will appreciate your support!

~Jim
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-22-2010, 05:28 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
drsnacks is on a distinguished road
Re: Overland Questions

New Member, Excited, just ordered My Overland fully stocked, little upset could not get the 730N package though, Can not wait
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-22-2010, 05:47 PM
jonesark's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The South
Posts: 593
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 2056
jonesark is on a distinguished road
Re: Overland Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnacks View Post
New Member, Excited, just ordered My Overland fully stocked, little upset could not get the 730N package though, Can not wait
welcome
__________________
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Overland 4x4 Hemi
Stone White, Saddle, ACC Package
Ordered Sep 21st 2010
VIN assigned Oct 25th 2010
D1 Dec 10th 2010
Estimated Delivery Jan 7th 2011
Delivered Jan 12th 2011
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-22-2010, 05:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 155
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1589
justin1569 is on a distinguished road
Re: Overland Questions

is the tech package worth that amount of money?

The stock rear park assist with video camera should suffice for several dollars less.

One cannot become dependent on blind spot warning alarms and so on...because if one does...he or she will be sorry.

I opted out of the tech package with my order because I want my truck sooner rather then later.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-22-2010, 06:04 PM
jonesark's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: The South
Posts: 593
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 2056
jonesark is on a distinguished road
Re: Overland Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin1569 View Post
is the tech package worth that amount of money?

The stock rear park assist with video camera should suffice for several dollars less.

One cannot become dependent on blind spot warning alarms and so on...because if one does...he or she will be sorry.

I opted out of the tech package with my order because I want my truck sooner rather then later.
It was for me.....to each his own.
__________________
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Overland 4x4 Hemi
Stone White, Saddle, ACC Package
Ordered Sep 21st 2010
VIN assigned Oct 25th 2010
D1 Dec 10th 2010
Estimated Delivery Jan 7th 2011
Delivered Jan 12th 2011
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-22-2010, 06:07 PM
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
drsnacks is on a distinguished road
Re: Overland Questions

thanks. Does anyone know Avg wait time for a new build??

______________________
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Overland 4X4 Hemi
Blackberry Pearl, Saddle Interior
Flo TV
Ordered 10/18/2010
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-22-2010, 06:19 PM
RMac's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 166
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1644
RMac is on a distinguished road
Re: Overland Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsnacks View Post
thanks. Does anyone know Avg wait time for a new build??
Prepare for an estimated 8 weeks.
__________________

__________________
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4
Dark Charcoal Pearl, Black/Light Frost Beige
Options: 5.7L V8, 20-inch wheels
Ordered 7/15/2010. Delivered 9/15/2010.
Pictures: http://www.jeepgarage.org/f14/wk2-limited-dark-charcoal-13034.html
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2 Questions. NHWK05 Grand Cherokee - WK 9 08-28-2010 09:06 PM
2 Questions jugganator Grand Cherokee - WK 4 07-13-2010 02:10 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community