Originally Posted by SW03ES
Find a Toyota shipped with misaligned doors, or a Honda with the wrong steering wheel. You won't.
HA, you should have seen my 2011 Acura TL - at the bottom of the window had a miserable height difference at the point where it opens on all 4 doors. The driver front fender partially popped off after 10k miles, dealer claimed someone started to pry it off - yes, they managed to pry it off to get at that valuable something or another and without leaving any marks.
Don't get me wrong, I realize there are issues out there with the Jeep, I've had a couple. I just don't get how people can make statements like this doesn't happen to ANYBODY else.
While we are at it here are the list of issues I had with my Acura, because Honda and Toyota have no issues, and I considered it reliable:
- Issues mentioned above with gaps and panels coming lose, let that go
- None stop rattling in the back - turned out to be a common issue from earlier years, TSB through 2010, but I still had it in my late model 2011
- Transmission would shudder on 1 to 2 shift and or just slam gears if I had to lift at a bad time. Transmission recall and extended warranty, flash didn't fix issue, dealer insisted no issue. I am pretty sure that thing was on its way to eating a transmission. Acuras aren't really known for having great transmissions.
- Occasionally when turning gas would be completely dead like it wasn't getting a signal than surge forward. Impossible to reproduce as needed, no action
- Nav system would sometimes show name from phone book, some times wouldn't - never brought it up
- Nav system would sometimes duplicate names in the phone book, clear, reimport - never brought it up
- Seat would make a metal click noise when you got in and leaned back - could never reproduce on demand
- When putting in park the doors would unlock and the driver side would groan - traded before fixed
- High pitched engine whistle would develop at 35mph - traded before fixed
- Occasional hard starting when warm
- When AC was on it would kick in every 5 seconds, the car would surge forward when stopped with my foot on the brake, almost impossible to keep it from moving forward at least a little - annoying as hell
- When AC would kick on in high heat the whole car would shake a little, very luxurious - annoying as hell
- Rear subwoofer would some times sound completely blown even at the lowest volumes - couldnt reproduce of course
- Wheel locks rusted after 1 summer, not even a winter - replaced
- After 6 months of ownership the key fob looked like it was 20 years old and every piece of paint had chipped off it
- Would randomly get message on EVIC saying my DRL were out, they werent.
- Acura Connect was suppose to connect your phone and give you information about the car, etc, never worked once. Would always just say it failed to connect to the server.
- Dealer said it was impossible to get car in White with Umber interior (redish/brown color) - until one showed up on their lot. Maybe someone put the wrong interior in it?
Yet I still considered it one of the most reliable cars I ever owned because it started and ran every day