Originally Posted by jd2012jgc
I owned a Lexus IS350 prior to my JGC. In 6 years I replaced/repaired exactly nothing. Zero. Nadda.
In 11 months of JGC ownership I've:
1) Had the remote-start climate control reprogrammed (after bringing TSB to dealer--after dealer diagnosed nothing wrong)
2) Heater fan replaced due to worn out bearings
3) Still unsolved mystery high-pitched squeal on cold morning start ups (dealer replaced power steering pump and pulley to no avail)
4) Rear suspension rattles and clunks--bringing it dealer next week to get that looked at.
This is my first big-3 vehicle ever, and its living up to the stereotype of crappy quality that has kept me away.
Did you not do the recalls and TSB's consisting of:
1. valve spring recall - mandatory and dangerous if not done
2. gas pedal adjustment - fake TSB because of the Prius "problem"
3. cam gear startup rattle
4. dash rattle
5. Fuel pressure sensor inspection/replacement
I also just sold a 2007 IS350 and didn't have any major problems outside these 5 recalls and TSB's. 2 other issues I had were the power tilting mirrors stopped working, and rust showed up on one of the wheels. Both fixed under warranty.
While it was an unreal car and gave me 106k reliable miles, it didn't come without a few issues within the first 3-4 years of ownership.
Looking forward to my 2014 GC, but will get a warranty to protect myself. Chrysler may not make a Lexus, but they seem to make extended warranties very reasonable.