Originally Posted by everclearcrans
Thanks! This would have been great information to have when I did mine, oh well everything went pretty smooth.
I noticed in the instructions it says to disconnect the negative cable on the battery, I did not do this. How much of a chance is there a serious injury could happen and what steps should I take to prevent such a thing other than removing the negative cable?
With a 12VDC power source, chances are slim that it could do any real damage. With dry skin and without a good path to ground, you probably wouldn't even feel anything if you touched the positive terminal on the battery.
I think part of the reason they say to disconnect the negative terminal is to also prevent damage to the car's electronic system.