Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 07-27-2010, 03:22 PM
HemiDawg's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Buford, GA
Posts: 628
Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 2354
HemiDawg is on a distinguished road
Sat in 2011 Black/Black Limited

Was running errands yesterday and stopped by my dealer to see if they had a 2011 yet - as I drove up a "salesman" walked out of the dealer and I rolled down the window to ask. After I asked about the 2011 he says, "I was about to ask if yours was a 2011". Then he asks if mine is an "R/T" or did I just put the "R/T" package on it. I am sitting there thinking "really, you don't know this is not an SRT or what an SRT is??" Damn if another salesman didn't come out and ask if mine was a 2011. Geez, glad these guys are not mechanics!!

ANYWAY, the first salesman points to the other end of the lot and says there is a black on black 2011 down there. He proceeds to tell me it is unlocked and the keys are inside - "go ahead and crank it up and let me know what you think". I proceed down to the end of the lot, near an exit, and sure enough there is a 2011 Limited Hemi sitting there.

As there was a storm coming in, I jumped inside just to look around. Interior is very nice - black perf leather, nice lines, very comfortable. This one DID have the Quadra-Lift system right in front of the center armrest. Got in the backseat and there definitely is more legroom than my 2010 - not a huge amount, but enough that I noticed a difference.

Sticker was $44K+

With a huge storm coming, I didn't get a chance to crank her up to hear the nice note of the Hemi, but just from my quick glances, here are some things that I like about the 2011 vs. mine:

Quadra-lift
Pano roof
Cooled front seats
Integrated sub in rear hatch area
Tweets mounted high in the rear hatch firing forward
Assisted tailgate lift
Push-button tailgate closing
Dual exhaust on Hemi
Rear passenger selection of upper and/or lower ventilation
Chrome trim pieces on floor of hatch area (although I like the tray option in mine)

Although I really like the new one, the only way I would consider a trade would be a change in the gas mileage for the Hemi along with ditching the 5-speed tranny for a 7 or 8-speed. Until then, I will continue to drive my "2011"

Oh, about that storm, I get down the road a few miles and stop at a stop light with 4 to 5 cars in front of me. The wind blows so hard that the traffic light blows right off the power line and luckily shoots off to the side of the road without bouncing off of someone's car. However, one piece of it did fly back and bounce off my roof. I have a smal scuff up there that should come of with some polish. Go a little further and it starts to hail a little. I pull into the next gas station to get under cover. Every bay is full of vehicles - none buying gas. We sit there and watch trash cans and gas pump panels go flying by - I am praying one does not decide to catch the Jeep. Once it blew thru, I finally made it home in one piece and parked the Jeep for the day (in the garage).
__________________

__________________
2010 GC "S" Limited, Black on Graphite - HEMI - AFE Stage 2 CAI w/ Pro Dry S filter - Magnaflow catback - 20" staggered Viper Reps (275/40 front, 315/35 rear) - SRT springs, grille, roof rails, pedals, and rear sway - Kicker speaker/ amp upgrade w/ 10" Alpine sub and amp


Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-27-2010, 03:43 PM
barho's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 489
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 2288
barho has a brilliant future
Re: Sat in 2011 Black/Black Limited

Did it have the Quadra Lift??? If all you saw was the Selec Terrain knob for sand, mud, snow, sport and no up/down buttons to the right of the knob, then it didn't have Quadra Lift.

They have only just started building them for production models, so I doubt it had it.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-27-2010, 04:06 PM
drdobsg's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2004 4.0L WJ
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Tinton Falls, NJ
Posts: 100
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 89120
drdobsg has a reputation beyond reputedrdobsg has a reputation beyond reputedrdobsg has a reputation beyond reputedrdobsg has a reputation beyond reputedrdobsg has a reputation beyond reputedrdobsg has a reputation beyond reputedrdobsg has a reputation beyond reputedrdobsg has a reputation beyond reputedrdobsg has a reputation beyond reputedrdobsg has a reputation beyond reputedrdobsg has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sat in 2011 Black/Black Limited

Is this the one? Same price, but it doesn't say anything about Quadra Lift.
$44,435 Seems overpriced for an upgraded Limited, I saw an Overland with all those options for $43,395.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-27-2010, 04:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 69
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1759
venusfan is on a distinguished road
Re: Sat in 2011 Black/Black Limited

I went in an saw a limited today and the interior was heads and shoulders above the previous gen however there were quite a few cheap plastic materials also. The sticker was $38 but it didn't have the power liftgate or panoramic sunroof because of this entertainment sistem. The back seat does have more room but over 6 ft tall it's a tight squeeze.

I also saw the base one for $32K but I don't see who would spend that kind of money for such a basic jeep and I do mean basic.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-27-2010, 05:11 PM
HemiDawg's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Buford, GA
Posts: 628
Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 2354
HemiDawg is on a distinguished road
Re: Sat in 2011 Black/Black Limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by barho View Post
Did it have the Quadra Lift??? If all you saw was the Selec Terrain knob for sand, mud, snow, sport and no up/down buttons to the right of the knob, then it didn't have Quadra Lift.

They have only just started building them for production models, so I doubt it had it.
OK, I might have been mistaken - I did not know there were two different systems, so I did not look at it that close.
__________________
2010 GC "S" Limited, Black on Graphite - HEMI - AFE Stage 2 CAI w/ Pro Dry S filter - Magnaflow catback - 20" staggered Viper Reps (275/40 front, 315/35 rear) - SRT springs, grille, roof rails, pedals, and rear sway - Kicker speaker/ amp upgrade w/ 10" Alpine sub and amp


Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-27-2010, 05:11 PM
HemiDawg's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Buford, GA
Posts: 628
Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 2354
HemiDawg is on a distinguished road
Re: Sat in 2011 Black/Black Limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdobsg View Post
Is this the one? Same price, but it doesn't say anything about Quadra Lift.
$44,435 Seems overpriced for an upgraded Limited, I saw an Overland with all those options for $43,395.
Again, this was sticker - not sure what the going rates are right now.
__________________
2010 GC "S" Limited, Black on Graphite - HEMI - AFE Stage 2 CAI w/ Pro Dry S filter - Magnaflow catback - 20" staggered Viper Reps (275/40 front, 315/35 rear) - SRT springs, grille, roof rails, pedals, and rear sway - Kicker speaker/ amp upgrade w/ 10" Alpine sub and amp


Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-27-2010, 05:25 PM
White Chocolate's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2005 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 8,336
Thanks: 8
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 0
White Chocolate is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Sat in 2011 Black/Black Limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiDawg View Post
Was running errands yesterday and stopped by my dealer to see if they had a 2011 yet - as I drove up a "salesman" walked out of the dealer and I rolled down the window to ask. After I asked about the 2011 he says, "I was about to ask if yours was a 2011". Then he asks if mine is an "R/T" or did I just put the "R/T" package on it. I am sitting there thinking "really, you don't know this is not an SRT or what an SRT is??" Damn if another salesman didn't come out and ask if mine was a 2011. Geez, glad these guys are not mechanics!!

ANYWAY, the first salesman points to the other end of the lot and says there is a black on black 2011 down there. He proceeds to tell me it is unlocked and the keys are inside - "go ahead and crank it up and let me know what you think". I proceed down to the end of the lot, near an exit, and sure enough there is a 2011 Limited Hemi sitting there.

As there was a storm coming in, I jumped inside just to look around. Interior is very nice - black perf leather, nice lines, very comfortable. This one DID have the Quadra-Lift system right in front of the center armrest. Got in the backseat and there definitely is more legroom than my 2010 - not a huge amount, but enough that I noticed a difference.

Sticker was $44K+

With a huge storm coming, I didn't get a chance to crank her up to hear the nice note of the Hemi, but just from my quick glances, here are some things that I like about the 2011 vs. mine:

Quadra-lift
Pano roof
Cooled front seats
Integrated sub in rear hatch area
Tweets mounted high in the rear hatch firing forward
Assisted tailgate lift
Push-button tailgate closing
Dual exhaust on Hemi
Rear passenger selection of upper and/or lower ventilation
Chrome trim pieces on floor of hatch area (although I like the tray option in mine)

Although I really like the new one, the only way I would consider a trade would be a change in the gas mileage for the Hemi along with ditching the 5-speed tranny for a 7 or 8-speed. Until then, I will continue to drive my "2011"

Oh, about that storm, I get down the road a few miles and stop at a stop light with 4 to 5 cars in front of me. The wind blows so hard that the traffic light blows right off the power line and luckily shoots off to the side of the road without bouncing off of someone's car. However, one piece of it did fly back and bounce off my roof. I have a smal scuff up there that should come of with some polish. Go a little further and it starts to hail a little. I pull into the next gas station to get under cover. Every bay is full of vehicles - none buying gas. We sit there and watch trash cans and gas pump panels go flying by - I am praying one does not decide to catch the Jeep. Once it blew thru, I finally made it home in one piece and parked the Jeep for the day (in the garage).
So bro, what do you like better, the 2010 model you have, or the 2011 lol??
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-27-2010, 05:36 PM
Megatron's Avatar
Super Moderator

My Jeep: 2007 WK
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 12,218
Thanks: 200
Thanked 131 Times in 123 Posts
Rep Power: 2899257
Megatron has a reputation beyond reputeMegatron has a reputation beyond reputeMegatron has a reputation beyond reputeMegatron has a reputation beyond reputeMegatron has a reputation beyond reputeMegatron has a reputation beyond reputeMegatron has a reputation beyond reputeMegatron has a reputation beyond reputeMegatron has a reputation beyond reputeMegatron has a reputation beyond reputeMegatron has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Sat in 2011 Black/Black Limited

I enjoyed your read sir.

lol @ the uninformed dealers...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-27-2010, 08:12 PM
Technosavant's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: STL, MO area
Posts: 1,292
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 2964
Technosavant has a reputation beyond reputeTechnosavant has a reputation beyond reputeTechnosavant has a reputation beyond reputeTechnosavant has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sat in 2011 Black/Black Limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdobsg View Post
$44,435 Seems overpriced for an upgraded Limited, I saw an Overland with all those options for $43,395.
Every Limited I've seen has been optioned to the $43-45K level. It isn't hard to get there; add the Luxury Group, Hemi, nav and maybe a couple other items, and you're pretty well there.

The Limited and Overland are priced extremely close to one another. Just about any options at all on the Limited, and you're at or above the Overland price (and you may be paying more and getting less). I just don't see Jeep selling too many Limiteds to people who are special ordering. Actually, looking over the various trim levels, one bleeds into the next pretty stinkin' quickly if you start checking boxes.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-27-2010, 09:16 PM
Marlin's Avatar
"The Aussie"

My Jeep: 1981 5.7L CJ
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Licmye Bawlls
Posts: 9,362
Thanks: 65
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 81071
Marlin has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sat in 2011 Black/Black Limited

Nice writeup HemiDawg!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-28-2010, 12:10 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1599
daellis is on a distinguished road
Re: Sat in 2011 Black/Black Limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technosavant View Post
Every Limited I've seen has been optioned to the $43-45K level. It isn't hard to get there; add the Luxury Group, Hemi, nav and maybe a couple other items, and you're pretty well there.

The Limited and Overland are priced extremely close to one another. Just about any options at all on the Limited, and you're at or above the Overland price (and you may be paying more and getting less). I just don't see Jeep selling too many Limiteds to people who are special ordering. Actually, looking over the various trim levels, one bleeds into the next pretty stinkin' quickly if you start checking boxes.
That's true. When I originally ordered mine it was a Limited with the Luxury group. When I priced up the Overland the difference was so close it was a no brainer to get the Overland.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-28-2010, 01:13 PM
HemiDawg's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Buford, GA
Posts: 628
Thanks: 3
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 2354
HemiDawg is on a distinguished road
Re: Sat in 2011 Black/Black Limited

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlutcH View Post
So bro, what do you like better, the 2010 model you have, or the 2011 lol??
I like mine because of the uniqueness of the "S" package - I have yet to see another on the road. Although I like the new perfed leather, I still really like my SRT seats with the suede inserts.

Considering they are not discounting the 2011 yet and that I am leary of first year of production, I do not regret buying my 2010. The only downside is that I drive my cars into the ground (almost), so unless mine were to get totaled, I probably won't be getting this body style anyways. Case in point, my 2001 X5 is about to roll 200K. The Jeep is a replacement for it when it goes.
__________________

__________________
2010 GC "S" Limited, Black on Graphite - HEMI - AFE Stage 2 CAI w/ Pro Dry S filter - Magnaflow catback - 20" staggered Viper Reps (275/40 front, 315/35 rear) - SRT springs, grille, roof rails, pedals, and rear sway - Kicker speaker/ amp upgrade w/ 10" Alpine sub and amp


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Black Ops 2011 Jeep grand Cherokee CF Started!! Black Ops Auto Works Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 21 07-21-2011 08:06 AM
Vote: Matte/Flat Black or Gloss Black roof SoCalMoparWK Visual Modifications 29 05-25-2010 09:45 PM
Request: 2011 GC with Black Interior Pics atkamano Members Rides 9 03-03-2010 04:22 PM
black srt8 with black rims spotted! who is it! Micallef Grand Cherokee SRT8 - WK 0 10-27-2009 09:43 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by Chrysler Group LLC.