Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #37  
Old 03-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 171
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 2066
ColoradoJeep has a reputation beyond reputeColoradoJeep has a reputation beyond reputeColoradoJeep has a reputation beyond reputeColoradoJeep has a reputation beyond reputeColoradoJeep has a reputation beyond reputeColoradoJeep has a reputation beyond reputeColoradoJeep has a reputation beyond reputeColoradoJeep has a reputation beyond reputeColoradoJeep has a reputation beyond reputeColoradoJeep has a reputation beyond reputeColoradoJeep has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Saw 1st 2014 Today ... NOT Impressed!

RE: My original Post on "Not Impressed with 2014 -- I have have had 2 ZJs, (96, 97), 1 WJ (03), 1 WK (05) and now the 12 WK2. Still think my 03 WJ was one of the best style wise. And for you design doubters, look at a Compass fron view next to a new 14 GC ... you'll be shocked. Would like to have the 8 speed and a few other toys but will wait to the 16 redesign.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-07-2013, 11:44 AM
DucTape's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 162
Thanks: 7
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 724
DucTape has a reputation beyond reputeDucTape has a reputation beyond reputeDucTape has a reputation beyond reputeDucTape has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Saw 1st 2014 Today ... NOT Impressed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDuc83 View Post
The butthurt is strong in this thread!
I was just thinking exactly the same thing. How much of this is honest opinion vs. sour grapes?

For me, the '12/'13 models were indeed good-looking, that's what got me interested - but the advantages of the '14 MORE than outweigh any cosmetic issues. Personally I dig the new front DRL's, the new grill I could take or leave, and I'll give the nod to the '12/13 rear end because that's just a good-lookin design whereas the '14 is a bit more bland. But since I'll be spending most of my time INSIDE the vehicle, the VASTLY-upgraded interior and the 8spd won out in a landslide.

To each their own.
__________________

__________________
2014 Overland 4X4 3.6L w/ Adv. Tech, Billet and Black, Weathertechs, pedal covers, tinted fronts, Plasti-Dip, random tools/gear, bumper harpoon... :D
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-07-2013, 01:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 438
Thanks: 12
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 3078
Keirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Saw 1st 2014 Today ... NOT Impressed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucTape View Post
I was just thinking exactly the same thing. How much of this is honest opinion vs. sour grapes?

For me, the '12/'13 models were indeed good-looking, that's what got me interested - but the advantages of the '14 MORE than outweigh any cosmetic issues. Personally I dig the new front DRL's, the new grill I could take or leave, and I'll give the nod to the '12/13 rear end because that's just a good-lookin design whereas the '14 is a bit more bland. But since I'll be spending most of my time INSIDE the vehicle, the VASTLY-upgraded interior and the 8spd won out in a landslide.

To each their own.
Why is it sour grapes? Everyone HAS to love the new design? Doesnt even make sense on a Jeep website. Jeeps are known for ruggedness, not soft styles. Its not even like most that have wk2s are done paying them off. Its not really that hard to trade in a 2012 an redo a loan forvan extra year or two
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-07-2013, 01:14 PM
DucTape's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 162
Thanks: 7
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 724
DucTape has a reputation beyond reputeDucTape has a reputation beyond reputeDucTape has a reputation beyond reputeDucTape has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Saw 1st 2014 Today ... NOT Impressed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
Why is it sour grapes? Everyone HAS to love the new design? Doesnt even make sense on a Jeep website. Jeeps are known for ruggedness, not soft styles. Its not even like most that have wk2s are done paying them off. Its not really that hard to trade in a 2012 an redo a loan forvan extra year or two

I'm not saying anyone HAS to love anything... but if I had bought a '13 a few months ago (which I almost did - thankfully I found the forum and '14 info before I got too far down that road), then Jeep comes out with a bunch of new features, then yeah - I'd be a little bummed and probably would look to justify my purchase by ragging on the new one a bit - It's human nature.

To each their own, man. I didn't go starting any threads about all the new/cool features of the '14 make everything previous obsolete.
__________________
2014 Overland 4X4 3.6L w/ Adv. Tech, Billet and Black, Weathertechs, pedal covers, tinted fronts, Plasti-Dip, random tools/gear, bumper harpoon... :D
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-07-2013, 01:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 442
jkrtiger is on a distinguished road
Re: Saw 1st 2014 Today ... NOT Impressed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrboland View Post
You had a '12 and traded it for a '14. You sir are a person who had one pulled over on you by Jeep. Sorry, but the '14 grill is NOT a visual upgrade over the '11 - '13. It's just not. And that gold interior trim.....Ugh! Basically the 8-speed tranny and interior electronics are the only reasons I would even consider throwing money away by trading mine in on a '14....and I'm not considering it. Those two reasons are just not worth it to me. But hey, you sound like a "keep up with the Jones' type" and it's your money, spend it as you wish.
I didn't trade my 2012 in. Where did you get that from? My fiance now drives it as she feel in love with the 2012 X as soon as I brought it home. I bought the Hemi model and since all of my driving is in town, I wasnt able to utilize the active fuel management system on the highway (I was getting 11 mpg with my heavy foot and all the stop-and-go traffic) so it made perfectly good sense for me to buy the 2014 with the V6. She drives much, much more long distances and on the highway. We accompished two goals, her getting a new car (upgrade from a 2wd) and me getting the V6. Actually pretty smart if you think about it. You 'ass'-umed and look foolish.

I will tell you guys one thing though, the 2014 is an upgrade for sure. I didn't think the 8 speed would make as big of a difference as it does. I am more than content with the acceleration and power of the engine. I haven't noticed a gold trim on the interior that people speak of and just went out to look...I'm not seeing anything close. The interior electronics again are lightyears ahead....just the touchscreen resolution and digital instrument cluster alone....the grainy and cheesy graphics of that found in the 11-13 is terribly cheap looking and looks like one of those cheap double dins you find on ebay made in china. But to me, the 8 speed is key.

Let's be honest here, it's like any other model redesign. For example, my last auto before the 2012 was a 2008 Z-71 tahoe. Before than I had a 2002 Z-71 tahoe and I didn't like the redesign in 2007 when those came out. It just takes a while to grow on some and for the ill feeling towards Jeep to subside for already putting out a slight redesign on your "new" ride. Until you accept that, you'll be blind to obvious improvement and justify it anyway that you can that the '11-'13 are so much better to actually say or agree with you're "not impressed with the 2014's".
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-07-2013, 01:24 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 235
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 63689
dizz1979 has a reputation beyond reputedizz1979 has a reputation beyond reputedizz1979 has a reputation beyond reputedizz1979 has a reputation beyond reputedizz1979 has a reputation beyond reputedizz1979 has a reputation beyond reputedizz1979 has a reputation beyond reputedizz1979 has a reputation beyond reputedizz1979 has a reputation beyond reputedizz1979 has a reputation beyond reputedizz1979 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Saw 1st 2014 Today ... NOT Impressed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoJeep View Post
RE: My original Post on "Not Impressed with 2014 -- I have have had 2 ZJs, (96, 97), 1 WJ (03), 1 WK (05) and now the 12 WK2. Still think my 03 WJ was one of the best style wise. And for you design doubters, look at a Compass fron view next to a new 14 GC ... you'll be shocked. Would like to have the 8 speed and a few other toys but will wait to the 16 redesign.
Same here..I have had a ZJ, WJ, WK and now a 2012 WK2. The only part of the 2014 I would want would be the 8 speed. I too will wait until 2015. Who knws, they will probably have a direct injection hemi that puts out 400 plus horsepower too!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Renesis07's Avatar
Premium Vendor
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lisle IL
Posts: 145
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 605
Renesis07 has a reputation beyond reputeRenesis07 has a reputation beyond reputeRenesis07 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
ForumRunner_20130307_122852.png

Side by side as requested in an earlier post. I like both, however the 2014 interior has some nice improvements over the 2013.
__________________
CHRIS K - HAWK CHRYSLER DODGE JEEP - FOREST PARK IL - (708)366-1001 EXT 6159
-2012 Mustang GT 5.0 - Work in Progress
-2006 Mustang GT (Sold Dec 2013) - Bolt Ons / Suspension/ 19x8/9 Bremmer Kraft BR05
-2013 Grand Cherokee Laredo X - Work Demo


***Home of the 3% Below Invoice Discount***
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-07-2013, 01:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 438
Thanks: 12
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 3078
Keirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Saw 1st 2014 Today ... NOT Impressed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucTape View Post
I'm not saying anyone HAS to love anything... but if I had bought a '13 a few months ago (which I almost did - thankfully I found the forum and '14 info before I got too far down that road), then Jeep comes out with a bunch of new features, then yeah - I'd be a little bummed and probably would look to justify my purchase by ragging on the new one a bit - It's human nature.

To each their own, man. I didn't go starting any threads about all the new/cool features of the '14 make everything previous obsolete.
Well, maybe YOU would be the type of person that felt they needed to justify it by ragging. I have no idea. Common sense says that a lot of people on this site knew about the mid cycle refresh coming. It's been talked about for a while. Its not like people here in 2012 didn't know about this short 2013 year cycle and that 2014's would be taking orders in January/Feb, and selling come March.

What you did with this "research" by joining here isn't exactly rocket science. It's what we all did. As i already said, i'm in the market for either a 2013 or a 2014. I can't get into the 2014 just yet but i'm trying to give it time. I don't like the styling at all, I don't like the rims on the Summit. I like the 8 speed and interior but I don't like the climate controls and most of the controls being tied to the screen.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Renesis07's Avatar
Premium Vendor
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lisle IL
Posts: 145
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 605
Renesis07 has a reputation beyond reputeRenesis07 has a reputation beyond reputeRenesis07 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Saw 1st 2014 Today ... NOT Impressed!

Lol, you guys are almost as bad as the 05-10 mustang owners vs 11+ mustang owners.

To each their own, everyone has different wants and needs and if someone finds it worthwhile to upgrade their 2 year old GC to a 2014, then more power to them. One of the perks of owning a vehicle with decent resale value.
__________________
CHRIS K - HAWK CHRYSLER DODGE JEEP - FOREST PARK IL - (708)366-1001 EXT 6159
-2012 Mustang GT 5.0 - Work in Progress
-2006 Mustang GT (Sold Dec 2013) - Bolt Ons / Suspension/ 19x8/9 Bremmer Kraft BR05
-2013 Grand Cherokee Laredo X - Work Demo


***Home of the 3% Below Invoice Discount***
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 438
Thanks: 12
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 3078
Keirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond reputeKeirik has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Saw 1st 2014 Today ... NOT Impressed!

It actually kind of sucks for me. I want to like the 2014 so much. After my WK was wrecked, i was given a very nice check (adjuster was good to me for sure) of almost 30k. I can easily put that as a nice downpayment on either a 2012/13/14 Summit or Overland. Payments really aren't that much of an issue since i don't owe anything anywhere in my life but I don't know, for some reason I just cannot get into the 2014.

I'm giving it a few more weeks lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-07-2013, 01:58 PM
bill_de's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 5,475
Thanks: 258
Thanked 257 Times in 228 Posts
Rep Power: 1800512
bill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Saw 1st 2014 Today ... NOT Impressed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
Well, maybe YOU would be the type of person that felt they needed to justify it by ragging. I have no idea. Common sense says that a lot of people on this site knew about the mid cycle refresh coming. It's been talked about for a while. Its not like people here in 2012 didn't know about this short 2013 year cycle and that 2014's would be taking orders in January/Feb, and selling come March.

What you did with this "research" by joining here isn't exactly rocket science. It's what we all did. As i already said, i'm in the market for either a 2013 or a 2014. I can't get into the 2014 just yet but i'm trying to give it time. I don't like the styling at all, I don't like the rims on the Summit. I like the 8 speed and interior but I don't like the climate controls and most of the controls being tied to the screen.
Doesn't the '14 have redundant climate control buttons under the screen? Plus, as someone pointed out about the heated seat, a lot can be controlled by voice instead of the touch screen.

Good luck with whatever you decide.



---
__________________
If you need a shoulder to cry on ...

... pull over to the side of the road!

Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-07-2013, 01:58 PM
Renesis07's Avatar
Premium Vendor
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Lisle IL
Posts: 145
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 605
Renesis07 has a reputation beyond reputeRenesis07 has a reputation beyond reputeRenesis07 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Saw 1st 2014 Today ... NOT Impressed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
It actually kind of sucks for me. I want to like the 2014 so much. After my WK was wrecked, i was given a very nice check (adjuster was good to me for sure) of almost 30k. I can easily put that as a nice downpayment on either a 2012/13/14 Summit or Overland. Payments really aren't that much of an issue since i don't owe anything anywhere in my life but I don't know, for some reason I just cannot get into the 2014.

I'm giving it a few more weeks lol
If you need any pricing info, let me know. Got plenty of 2013 Grand Cherokees here looking for a home, and a few pre-owned Limiteds/Overlands too.
__________________
CHRIS K - HAWK CHRYSLER DODGE JEEP - FOREST PARK IL - (708)366-1001 EXT 6159
-2012 Mustang GT 5.0 - Work in Progress
-2006 Mustang GT (Sold Dec 2013) - Bolt Ons / Suspension/ 19x8/9 Bremmer Kraft BR05
-2013 Grand Cherokee Laredo X - Work Demo


***Home of the 3% Below Invoice Discount***
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ordering 2014 Today! Help Please!! myoung84 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 16 02-12-2013 07:50 PM
2014 1st gear ratio? Sorry...tried searcing Andoskyy Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 8 01-27-2013 10:33 PM
Impressed windycityjeep Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 2 01-26-2012 03:32 PM
Did my 1st Oil Change on 3.6L today Frank G Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 10 01-14-2011 11:49 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community