Show & tell - wk2 photos off roading "proof" - Page 29 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #337  
Old 09-02-2016, 02:48 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 374
Thanks: 136
Thanked 46 Times in 34 Posts
Rep Power: 828
FlyFinaticLou has disabled reputation
Re: Show & tell - wk2 photos off roading "proof"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotProgram View Post
Is anyone in NorCal, or anyone that knows easy-ish trails in NorCal? I'm not talking about the Rubicon or anything like that. The wife is preggo so I want to take it easy. Great thread here, fellas!


Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage
If you refer back a few posts - #330 - you will see I references 3 or 4 websites; 2 of which should be able to Help . . . also a few general searches for NoCal could narrow down the data. From there it's just a matter of Understanding what the Trail Numbers Mean - tons of YouTube Video as reference, and a few members Here do OffRoad Video ! They (and you know who you are ) can better fill you in on their stuff and how it references to the Jeep Trail Rating System(s). Good Luck.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #338  
Old 09-02-2016, 03:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 374
Thanks: 136
Thanked 46 Times in 34 Posts
Rep Power: 828
FlyFinaticLou has disabled reputation
Re: Show & tell - wk2 photos off roading "proof"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverDave View Post
Not quite hardcore off roading yet, but it was a snowy dirt road with steep hills . I just haven't made it up to the hills yet for the real stuff, but I will soon enough.
HEY, SHOUT OUT TIME TO - "DriverDave" - WHERE ARE YOU ? YOUR SUMMIT on a snowy summit cliff (PIC) WAS GREAT ! HOPE ALL IS WELL. Others from Colorado have posted here; perhaps someone you may recognize?

"calling all cars . . . keep a lookout for a red Grand Cherokee Summit in the hills to the west of Denver, Driver Dave may be experiencing "snow blindness" !
Reply With Quote
  #339  
Old 09-03-2016, 07:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 374
Thanks: 136
Thanked 46 Times in 34 Posts
Rep Power: 828
FlyFinaticLou has disabled reputation
Re: Show & tell - wk2 photos off roading "proof"

Hello everyone, 'the Fly' or FlyFinatic or Lou or any other iteration (keep it clean) you prefer, here ha ha! Trying to "freshen up" & "closer focus" the thread with a slight Title change that (hopefully) will keep Its Intent and content inline with what the New Title says - WK2 OFF-ROAD OVERLAND ADVENTURING - "proof" . Debated about keeping or removing the "proof" part; in part because it can (for me) appear "snobbish ?" or "I dare you ?" in some way, But then I also thought well if it is missing, many may think it is a different thread or . . . ? SO I keep it as a "visual" cue so you, the fan, will think, "Oh, same Thread !," click in and enjoy or add to with your video / photo adventures with or without the family ! Hope I am not alienating some, but realistically I know that is impossible, so I apologize in advance. KEEP ON ADVENTURING IN YOUR WK2's AND SHARE THE "proof" right here . I have a big 4 day (my 1st) in my new G.C. coming up in about 9 days - standby for That - in pictures & words ("Show & Tell") ! Thanks Lou

ps; This site is as far as I go concerning "Social Media Stuff" ! I do not do any of it, for what should be (I hope) obvious reasons - like privacy, My mental health (ha ha) and all the amount of time consumption it can easily become Overwhelming ! ? So, THIS (Show & Tell) IS my "therapy" against all that other stuff ! Now if I can only get the damn VA doctors to sign off on it, ha ha (again!) !?
Reply With Quote
  #340  
Old 09-03-2016, 07:58 PM
mactb's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2016 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Socal - OC
Posts: 24
Thanks: 14
Thanked 13 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 1455
mactb is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: Show & tell - wk2 photos off roading "proof"

Some photos from heading up to Laurel Lakes to hike Bloody Mountain near Mammoth, CA. Fun road however on the way down the GC started making a terrible clanking noise. Stopped immediately to check it out, discovered that the front 2 bolts on the front skid plate had vibrated loose and fell out. The skid plate had become a forward facing scoop with 1.5" of ground clearance. I ended up having to remove the skid plate for the remainder of the trip. Vehicle was only 6 weeks old at that point.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC08903 (Medium).jpg (199.4 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg DSC08931 (Medium).jpg (363.7 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg DSC08942 (Medium).jpg (186.7 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg DSC09161 (Medium).jpg (230.8 KB, 94 views)
__________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MY16 WK2 Overland 4x4 - Luxury Brown / Black - Hemi ORAII ATG HK DVD/BR
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mactb For This Useful Post:
  #341  
Old 09-04-2016, 01:07 PM
akinney's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2015 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: College Place, WA, USA
Posts: 264
Thanks: 84
Thanked 68 Times in 50 Posts
Rep Power: 16650
akinney has a reputation beyond reputeakinney has a reputation beyond reputeakinney has a reputation beyond reputeakinney has a reputation beyond reputeakinney has a reputation beyond reputeakinney has a reputation beyond reputeakinney has a reputation beyond reputeakinney has a reputation beyond reputeakinney has a reputation beyond reputeakinney has a reputation beyond reputeakinney has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Show & tell - wk2 photos off roading "proof"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mactb View Post
discovered that the front 2 bolts on the front skid plate had vibrated loose and fell out. ... Vehicle was only 6 weeks old at that point.
Yup. Known issue with new vehicles. My 2015 had loose bolts around most of the skid plates. I check them and, if needed, tighten them down before every major off-road trip.

Last time, I added some blue loc-tite and they haven't loosened since.
__________________
Deep Cherry Red 2015 JGC Ltd EcoDiesel with Beige Interior / ORA II / Lux II / 8.4AN
Mods: DEF injector guard | Mopar splash guards | Green Hornet fuel cap | Fumoto F-106 oil drain valve | aFe Pro Guard 7 engine air filter | Mopar molded running boards | Mopar roof rack cross bars | Mopar rear cargo net | Mopar rear cargo liner | Husky X-Act Contour floor liners | Mopar "Rugged Off-Road" Black & Machined 18x8 wheels
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to akinney For This Useful Post:
  #342  
Old 09-05-2016, 02:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 374
Thanks: 136
Thanked 46 Times in 34 Posts
Rep Power: 828
FlyFinaticLou has disabled reputation
Re: Show & tell - wk2 photos off roading "proof"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mactb View Post
Some photos from heading up to Laurel Lakes to hike Bloody Mountain near Mammoth, CA. Fun road however on the way down the GC started making a terrible clanking noise. Stopped immediately to check it out, discovered that the front 2 bolts on the front skid plate had vibrated loose and fell out. The skid plate had become a forward facing scoop with 1.5" of ground clearance. I ended up having to remove the skid plate for the remainder of the trip. Vehicle was only 6 weeks old at that point.
Thank you for the Views . . . another addition to someones bucket list ?
Noticed the sign . . . High Clearance Vehicles Only . . . any issues with the G.C. clearance (other than the skid plate problem) ? Yours is Stock height ?
Reply With Quote
  #343  
Old 09-05-2016, 02:42 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 374
Thanks: 136
Thanked 46 Times in 34 Posts
Rep Power: 828
FlyFinaticLou has disabled reputation
Re: Show & tell - wk2 photos off roading "proof"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFinaticLou View Post
Hello everyone, 'the Fly' or FlyFinatic or Lou or any other iteration (keep it clean) you prefer, here ha ha! Trying to "freshen up" & "closer focus" the thread with a slight Title change that (hopefully) will keep Its Intent and content inline with what the New Title says - WK2 OFF-ROAD OVERLAND ADVENTURING - "proof" . Debated about keeping or removing the "proof" part; in part because it can (for me) appear "snobbish ?" or "I dare you ?" in some way, But then I also thought well if it is missing, many may think it is a different thread or . . . ? SO I keep it as a "visual" cue so you, the fan, will think, "Oh, same Thread !," click in and enjoy or add to with your video / photo adventures with or without the family ! Hope I am not alienating some, but realistically I know that is impossible, so I apologize in advance. KEEP ON ADVENTURING IN YOUR WK2's AND SHARE THE "proof" right here . I have a big 4 day (my 1st) in my new G.C. coming up in about 9 days - standby for That - in pictures & words ("Show & Tell") ! Thanks Lou

ps; This site is as far as I go concerning "Social Media Stuff" ! I do not do any of it, for what should be (I hope) obvious reasons - like privacy, My mental health (ha ha) and all the amount of time consumption it can easily become Overwhelming ! ? So, THIS (Show & Tell) IS my "therapy" against all that other stuff ! Now if I can only get the damn VA doctors to sign off on it, ha ha (again!) !?
GUESS THIS is more of a "p.s." to myself . . . ? . . . I may of gotten ahead of my enthusiasm with a "Title / Name" Change . . . seems I am not getting the kind of support / help I was hoping for from the folks at 'Admin' ! NOT going into any details here, other than to mention my disappointment ! Take care and be safe out their on the trail . . . . . . . . . . FlyFinaticlLou.
Reply With Quote
  #344  
Old 09-05-2016, 06:04 PM
SRTgirl's Avatar
Chief Mediator

 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 11,724
Thanks: 43
Thanked 478 Times in 407 Posts
Rep Power: 4406321
SRTgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSRTgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSRTgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSRTgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSRTgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSRTgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSRTgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSRTgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSRTgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSRTgirl has a reputation beyond reputeSRTgirl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Show & tell - wk2 photos off roading "proof"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFinaticLou View Post
Jim this whole thing won't / isn't about ME . . . you just aren't getting it, like the "other guy". It's just about opening up, sharing, giving some insight some inspiration perhaps. Sure, I am looking forward to seeing those snapshots in time, of others having a good time (yea and getting awed). Must we be so judgmental (seems like a lot?). Must we be so "serious"? what the hell, I

IF YOU DON'T CARE FOR THE THREAD, WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO TO ONE YOU DO LIKE AND BEAT UP ON THAT GUY ? It is so easy just a click of the mouse or tap of the track pad !

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyFinaticLou View Post
GUESS THIS is more of a "p.s." to myself . . . ? . . . I may of gotten ahead of my enthusiasm with a "Title / Name" Change . . . seems I am not getting the kind of support / help I was hoping for from the folks at 'Admin' ! NOT going into any details here, other than to mention my disappointment ! Take care and be safe out their on the trail . . . . . . . . . . FlyFinaticlLou.
I've been very tolerant of you from page 2 in my first quote, to now on this thread. Many times being rude and sarcastic to others. If you wish to stay on the site please curb the rudeness especially to admins and mods, as these comments will get you banned. Any complaints or issues you have with an admin or mod please take it to PM as per the site rules. This is not the designated JG offroad thread, people are free to post anywhere they please. Any problems feel free to PM me anytime.

As for not getting support from the "admins", they get busy, that's why the site has moderators. Had you sent a PM to one of the mods or sent a report and politely asked for a change it would have been done as soon as one of us was on. I check my PM's and mod reports all day long.

You may also want to consider using the multi-quote button. I've seen parts of this thread that you have almost 10 posts in a row. If you multi-quote you can have everything in one tidy post, such as the posts I quoted above, that part was just a polite suggestion.
__________________


________
~Debbie~
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SRTgirl For This Useful Post:
  #345  
Old 09-05-2016, 08:33 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 374
Thanks: 136
Thanked 46 Times in 34 Posts
Rep Power: 828
FlyFinaticLou has disabled reputation
Re: Show & tell - wk2 photos off roading "proof"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTgirl View Post
I've been very tolerant of you from page 2 in my first quote, to now on this thread. Many times being rude and sarcastic to others. If you wish to stay on the site please curb the rudeness especially to admins and mods, as these comments will get you banned. Any complaints or issues you have with an admin or mod please take it to PM as per the site rules. This is not the designated JG offroad thread, people are free to post anywhere they please. Any problems feel free to PM me anytime.

As for not getting support from the "admins", they get busy, that's why the site has moderators. Had you sent a PM to one of the mods or sent a report and politely asked for a change it would have been done as soon as one of us was on. I check my PM's and mod reports all day long.

You may also want to consider using the multi-quote button. I've seen parts of this thread that you have almost 10 posts in a row. If you multi-quote you can have everything in one tidy post, such as the posts I quoted above, that part was just a polite suggestion.
WELL, This is certainly a Complete Surprise and Very Immature to say the least.
Can't understand Why you (are you Lori?) must feel the necessity to AIR YOUR dirty Laundry in Public !? Bringing up a TINY fraction of Selective B.S. from the past, again, totally uncalled for. Frankly I am in shock at YOUR unprofessionalism in frustrating outreach for a (what should of been) a simple matter - POORLY EXPLAINED TIME & AGAIN via our (what is supposed to be PRIVATE?) emails ! ! ! SO,WHY DON'T YOU "RELEASE THOSE EMAILS IN FULL" HERE, so the fans & followers of my "AHow & Tell . . ." can get the true sense of what "this" has BLOWN UP TO BE ?
TO ALL THE FANS & FOLLOWERS I TRULY MUST APOLOGIZE . . . ALL OF "THIS" SEEMS SO UNNECESSARY, but ADMIN has felt the need to try to hurt / embarrass ME for some childish reason known only to them. AGAIN TO THE FANS & FOLLOWERS, please forgive for I am sorry you've been subjected to it (by Admin's inclusion HERE). I will No Longer Be involved and sadly bid you farewell . Goodbye
Reply With Quote
  #346  
Old 09-05-2016, 08:55 PM
Heep's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 794
Thanks: 1,063
Thanked 199 Times in 149 Posts
Rep Power: 16059
Heep has a reputation beyond reputeHeep has a reputation beyond reputeHeep has a reputation beyond reputeHeep has a reputation beyond reputeHeep has a reputation beyond reputeHeep has a reputation beyond reputeHeep has a reputation beyond reputeHeep has a reputation beyond reputeHeep has a reputation beyond reputeHeep has a reputation beyond reputeHeep has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Show & tell - wk2 photos off roading "proof"

Bye
__________________
Using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #347  
Old 09-05-2016, 09:44 PM
BlckWK2's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 777
Thanks: 135
Thanked 131 Times in 88 Posts
Rep Power: 2103
BlckWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlckWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlckWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlckWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlckWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlckWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlckWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlckWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlckWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlckWK2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlckWK2 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Show & tell - wk2 photos off roading "proof"

Bye Felicia.

Seriously it's just a forum. There's over 340 posts here. Not a bad thread in my opinion.


~ Sent from my mobile device
__________________

Phil
14' Altitude
Reply With Quote
  #348  
Old 09-10-2016, 11:21 AM
echo7tango's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2016 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SF Giants Nation 2010 / 2012 / 2014!
Posts: 958
Thanks: 132
Thanked 196 Times in 141 Posts
Rep Power: 68010
echo7tango has a reputation beyond reputeecho7tango has a reputation beyond reputeecho7tango has a reputation beyond reputeecho7tango has a reputation beyond reputeecho7tango has a reputation beyond reputeecho7tango has a reputation beyond reputeecho7tango has a reputation beyond reputeecho7tango has a reputation beyond reputeecho7tango has a reputation beyond reputeecho7tango has a reputation beyond reputeecho7tango has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Show & tell - wk2 photos off roading "proof"

I like the thread (and didn't follow what all was going on -- and I'm not asking, either).

Mind if we get back to offroading? I hope I'm not naively stepping into some steaming pile by doing so.

Last weekend we drove up the Oregon coast, and the Columbia River gorge, and Crater Lake.

Between Gearhart and Warrenton is a 10-mile stretch of Oregon beach you can drive on. Some stretches were remote, and some stretches had a couple of cars. For the most part it was pretty empty.


From this sign we knew we had left California and had entered Oregon.

Attachment 71870


Out on the beach we came upon Zachary and Jonathan stuck in their van, and we stopped to help them out.


Attachment 71868


Attachment 71869



Up on the White Salmon River we caught a small falls favored by the kayakers. A convenient place to stop and watch them right from the small bridge - in the town of Husum, WA, on WA Hwy-141.

ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1473520247.434799.jpg

ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1473520324.721772.jpg

So, not really offroading but thought I'd share that.


At Crater Lake, along the drive around the rim, we got some nice shots off the road, and a great spot for a tailgate lunch.

ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1473520709.851423.jpg

ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1473520742.496392.jpg

ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1473520766.527203.jpg

ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1473520780.995826.jpg

ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1473520798.524525.jpg

ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1473520811.525064.jpg

ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1473520849.560101.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByJeepGarage1473520832.521005.jpg (136.0 KB, 26 views)
__________________

2016 JGC CRD 3.0L V-6 WK2, QL, QD-II, ORA-II, Wrangler Duratrac 275/55-20
Lemon Law buy-back of my 2014 JGC CRD: http://tinyurl.com/e7t-JGC-CRD-buyBackSummary
Not as lean, not as mean, still a Marine.
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to echo7tango For This Useful Post:
Reply

Tags
wk2

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Could somebody tell me how the plastic engine cover comes off? Does it just pop off o Costanza 2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel 3.0 2 09-16-2015 12:19 PM
ENGINE shut off while off roading AFSSgt 2014+ Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel 3.0 13 05-23-2014 02:21 PM
18" vs 20" for light off-roading davekarn Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 3 05-21-2013 07:24 AM
I went off roading; here's the proof thex2 Grand Cherokee - WK 34 07-08-2011 09:42 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.