Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #49  
Old 06-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: WNY
Posts: 87
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1070
jd2012jgc has a reputation beyond reputejd2012jgc has a reputation beyond reputejd2012jgc has a reputation beyond reputejd2012jgc has a reputation beyond reputejd2012jgc has a reputation beyond reputejd2012jgc has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Speeding Ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by fljeepleo View Post
None of this crap works. My radar has POP mode. It pops on and off before your detector ever has a chance to get a read. And laser, forget about it.

It's funny how many people are pulling there detectors off their windshield when I walk up. Then they try to tell the judge there is no way I caught them because they had a detector/jammer. I find you guilty, go see the clerk for payment.

Speed and texting kills.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I find this arrogant at best.
You dont find anyone guilty, the courts do that. You write a ticket.

And, before you go spouting off how you write up tickets because of your POP enabled radar gun, maybe you should read your operators manual.

To quote MPH Industries (makers of POP enabled radar guns)
A note of caution: Information derived during the POP burst is
non-evidential…Citations should not be issued based solely on
information derived from the POP burst.”

I wonder how many tickets you've found people guilty of that have been in direct contravention of the manufactuerers own instructions.
Fail. Or better yet, clearly not guilty.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 06-26-2012, 08:58 PM
fljeepleo's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Land O lakes Fl
Posts: 386
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 203870
fljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2012jgc View Post
I find this arrogant at best.
You dont find anyone guilty, the courts do that. You write a ticket.

And, before you go spouting off how you write up tickets because of your POP enabled radar gun, maybe you should read your operators manual.

To quote MPH Industries (makers of POP enabled radar guns)
A note of caution: Information derived during the POP burst is
non-evidential…Citations should not be issued based solely on
information derived from the POP burst.”

I wonder how many tickets you've found people guilty of that have been in direct contravention of the manufactuerers own instructions.
Fail. Or better yet, clearly not guilty.
Wow!

1. I do not find someone guilty, I was quoting what the judge says. Hence me talking about being in front of a judge.

2. You actually looked up the user manual for MPH industries? Ok mr lawyer, the pop mode can be used to get an estimate. I, being a certified radar laser operator give a visual estimate of your speed, my estimation is then compared to the readout of my radar unit. If I estimate your speed and turn on my unit while visually estimating your speed I notice the front end of your vehicle dip while my radar unit is showing a fast decrease in speed then I will write you for my visual estimate. Pop mode also means as soon as my unit engages I get an instant reading giving you no warning and giving me your speed before you can react.

Arrogant is you speeding around taking other peoples lives in your hands. Even more arrogant is having a device on your dash that beeps causing you to slam on your brakes causing other motorists to slam on there brakes possibly causing a crash.

You do your job. I'll do mine. You can thank me another time for keeping you and your family safe. I hope I'm not failing when you call me because someone is breaking into your home.

Sincerely.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________
_______________________________________________

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Curent Jeep
2013 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited Commando Green 2.5 inch Terra Flex, 35x12.50 Grabber RED LETTERS
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo E Stone White, ORA1,Factory Tow, RRO leveling kit. 32x10 BFG Mud Terrains 13 Rubicon Wheels
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 06-27-2012, 01:27 AM
Studgun's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2013 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: NT, Aust.
Posts: 507
Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 14374
Studgun has a reputation beyond reputeStudgun has a reputation beyond reputeStudgun has a reputation beyond reputeStudgun has a reputation beyond reputeStudgun has a reputation beyond reputeStudgun has a reputation beyond reputeStudgun has a reputation beyond reputeStudgun has a reputation beyond reputeStudgun has a reputation beyond reputeStudgun has a reputation beyond reputeStudgun has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Speeding Ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by fljeepleo View Post
You do your job. I'll do mine. You can thank me another time for keeping you and your family safe. I hope I'm not failing when you call me because someone is breaking into your home.
^ This. Such a thankless job. A motor vehicle is a dangerous weapon if used incorrectly. Several tonnes of metal and glass is very unforgiving. If you can't abide by the simple rules set for the safety of everyone, you should not be driving. I couldn't care less if you put yourself at risk, just don't put innocent strangers at risk. I don't care if you don't wear your seatbelt, just make sure your kids do. I don't care if you want to leave your keys in your car, but expect a ticket when it gets stolen because you're wasting my time. I don't care if you want to hurt yourself, but if you run out into traffic, scare the shit out of some poor driver and damage someone's car, I don't care how hurt you are, you can expect a ticket for that too.

If you don't do the wrong thing, you have nothing to worry about. If you put others at risk I will do something about it. After all, I'm here to serve and protect, and that includes protecting people from their own stupidity.
__________________
RHYS

2013 Grand Cherokee Limited 3.6L, Brilliant Black w/ QL and pano roof. Tinted windows, Altitude liftgate handle, VisualGarage sharkfin antenna, slush mats, sill guards, LED interior and number plate lights, Lakin number plate brackets, Kingpin plate covers, Nav-TV AllGig XG-HS, HR towbar, HR cargo barrier, Uneek 4x4 bullbar, Runva 11XP winch... And more to come
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 761
azzr1 is on a distinguished road
Re: Speeding Ticket

Valentine
Yes...old casing, but the internals are current and it's a Top Dawg/A-grade detector.
It's chatty though and some people prefer it for open road use instead of in town.
One can also get that level of sensitivity from the Redline or some installed/pricey detectors from Bel/Escort. The advantage of the latter models are their "Live" product that connects in real-time to a central database of all users (which is some very good stuff and also quiets down the false radar alerts).

GPS
The GPS-detectors make things really quiet if you drive mostly in more dense areas. The Bel/Escort GPS-detectors are very good even if they don't have the extreme reach of the Valentine or the Redline.

Virginia
One response above mentioned Virginia, which (along with Washington DC) outlaws detectors and officers in those areas use a device that can notify them that there is a radar detector present...including the Valentine. There are 4 models that have been out by Bel/Escort in the market that are not detectable to these devices. So if Virginia is a driving choice, I'd certainly go with one of those (each is very good, but also pricey).

Some mis-info
There's also some misinformation in the thread on how the devices operate (both radar and LIDAR) including that posted by those in the law enforcement side. In a few cases, such information posted is opposite to the physics taking place.

POP Mode
I did find it interesting about the MPH gun being used in Florida. I had heard that some communities there were getting it a few years ago, but it's definitely the exception, even for Florida as they tend to purchase much more Stalker like the FHP uses as well as Kustom. But even driving through Nevada last week (a big purchaser of MPH), POP was a non-factor. But I gotta say, those NV state troopers there are quite good (though not good enough)...much better than...say...Utah where you can spot them a lonnng ways away.
For most of the US, POP is a very small concern with which to deal.

Getting what you pay for
Given the environment of the current marketplace, the price points, and many other factors, I would say that it's very easy to write a lot of tickets, even to those with radar detectors. But just because the fishin's good at the lake doesn't mean that there aren't fish that have a hobby about bait and hooks (and have read the manuals on them) and know how to stay out of the fisherman's bucket. .

A radar detector is simply a tool (same with a radar gun, LIDAR, or MPH's POP patent). The detector isn't magic. Like Mr. Data detecting "tachyon" emissions, it's not his detector hardware that solves things for us...it also takes our educated response to know what to do with it.

Also, a number of detectors aren't very good. And a few lousy detectors cost a lot.

But a person can make use of several available tools today to counter radar, LIDAR, and more.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-03-2012, 08:26 PM
fljeepleo's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Land O lakes Fl
Posts: 386
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 203870
fljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Speeding Ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzr1 View Post
Valentine
Yes...old casing, but the internals are current and it's a Top Dawg/A-grade detector.
It's chatty though and some people prefer it for open road use instead of in town.
One can also get that level of sensitivity from the Redline or some installed/pricey detectors from Bel/Escort. The advantage of the latter models are their "Live" product that connects in real-time to a central database of all users (which is some very good stuff and also quiets down the false radar alerts).

GPS
The GPS-detectors make things really quiet if you drive mostly in more dense areas. The Bel/Escort GPS-detectors are very good even if they don't have the extreme reach of the Valentine or the Redline.

Virginia
One response above mentioned Virginia, which (along with Washington DC) outlaws detectors and officers in those areas use a device that can notify them that there is a radar detector present...including the Valentine. There are 4 models that have been out by Bel/Escort in the market that are not detectable to these devices. So if Virginia is a driving choice, I'd certainly go with one of those (each is very good, but also pricey).

Some mis-info
There's also some misinformation in the thread on how the devices operate (both radar and LIDAR) including that posted by those in the law enforcement side. In a few cases, such information posted is opposite to the physics taking place.

POP Mode
I did find it interesting about the MPH gun being used in Florida. I had heard that some communities there were getting it a few years ago, but it's definitely the exception, even for Florida as they tend to purchase much more Stalker like the FHP uses as well as Kustom. But even driving through Nevada last week (a big purchaser of MPH), POP was a non-factor. But I gotta say, those NV state troopers there are quite good (though not good enough)...much better than...say...Utah where you can spot them a lonnng ways away.
For most of the US, POP is a very small concern with which to deal.

Getting what you pay for
Given the environment of the current marketplace, the price points, and many other factors, I would say that it's very easy to write a lot of tickets, even to those with radar detectors. But just because the fishin's good at the lake doesn't mean that there aren't fish that have a hobby about bait and hooks (and have read the manuals on them) and know how to stay out of the fisherman's bucket. .

A radar detector is simply a tool (same with a radar gun, LIDAR, or MPH's POP patent). The detector isn't magic. Like Mr. Data detecting "tachyon" emissions, it's not his detector hardware that solves things for us...it also takes our educated response to know what to do with it.

Also, a number of detectors aren't very good. And a few lousy detectors cost a lot.

But a person can make use of several available tools today to counter radar, LIDAR, and more.
Did somebody make up a new screen name? Your one and only post is about radar detectors in a jeep grand cherokee forum?

cmmon slick. We get it,, Radar detectors are your hobby. You've posted it twice in two separate threads under two different screen names.

JD2012jgc(And yes, detectors are a bit of a hobby. I'm very active on radardetector.net, albeit under a different name.)

AZZR1(But just because the fishin's good at the lake doesn't mean that there aren't fish that have a hobby about bait and hooks (and have read the manuals on them) and know how to stay out of the fisherman's bucket.)

__________________
_______________________________________________

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Curent Jeep
2013 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited Commando Green 2.5 inch Terra Flex, 35x12.50 Grabber RED LETTERS
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo E Stone White, ORA1,Factory Tow, RRO leveling kit. 32x10 BFG Mud Terrains 13 Rubicon Wheels
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-03-2012, 11:43 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 761
azzr1 is on a distinguished road
Re: Speeding Ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by fljeepleo View Post
Did somebody make up a new screen name? Your one and only post is about radar detectors in a jeep grand cherokee forum?

cmmon slick. We get it,, Radar detectors are your hobby. You've posted it twice in two separate threads under two different screen names.

JD2012jgc(And yes, detectors are a bit of a hobby. I'm very active on radardetector.net, albeit under a different name.)

AZZR1(But just because the fishin's good at the lake doesn't mean that there aren't fish that have a hobby about bait and hooks (and have read the manuals on them) and know how to stay out of the fisherman's bucket.)

Thank you for your personal interest in me and the multiple visits you've made to my one and only profile...but I don't think that creeping my personal info or these ad hominem logical fallacies have anything to do with the topic of the thread.

You did mention previously visual estimation of speed, which has been used since before I was a wee lad. It was just in the news last week as a Circuit Court threw out that method of speed detection as probable cause for a traffic stop. Nah...not the wacky-9th, it was the 4th just North of you, so it wouldn't apply in Florida unless the 11th gets a similar case or the Supremes take it on.

http://us4thcircuitcourtofappealsopi...tes-v-sowards/
__________________
真的是天才
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-04-2012, 06:53 AM
fljeepleo's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Land O lakes Fl
Posts: 386
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 203870
fljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond reputefljeepleo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Speeding Ticket

Well here you go for people who want to know the truth about POP technology. And stop saying radar guns! I do not have a radar "gun". The term radar gun was used by fuz buster companies to make the consumer thing police (fuz) are pointing guns at us, we must by there detector to protect ourselves from there guns. Here is some information that did not come from the forums started by your fuz buster manufacturers. This is is not propaganda put out by valentine or your other fuz buster companies.

POP Technology
Radar detectors are bought and sold for the sole purpose of avoiding speeding tickets. Institute research has shown that interstate highway drivers with radar detectors reduced their speeds by at least 5 mph or activated their brake lights when suddenly exposed to police radar. Before exposure, vehicles with detectors were traveling significantly faster than those without detectors. By one mile past the radar, more than three-fourths of the vehicles with radar detectors were traveling at least 5 mph faster than the speed limit. Clearly, the only purpose of a radar detector is to avoid speed law enforcement.
Who uses radar detectors? Research shows drivers with radar detectors are consistently overrepresented among the fastest speeders. Use of a radar detector demonstrates an intention to speed that distinguishes users of these devices from drivers who speed occasionally or inadvertently. In a survey of users, more than half admitted to driving faster than they would without their "fuzz busters."
Source, Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
Truckers with detectors averaged a speed of 72.6 mph compared to 66.4 mph for truckers not using detectors.
{That’s a difference of almost 10%!}
Source, Radar Waves, Speed Measurement Labs, Winter 2004.
It’s a proven fact, habitual speeders use radar detectors for the sole purpose of avoiding speeding citations. Their radar detectors warn them of the presence of the radar, and as soon as they are past the officer, they are back up to their normal illegal speeds.
Can’t radars defeat radar detectors?

Ordinary radars try to circumvent detectors with a Standby or Hold switch. Placing the radar into transmit (taking the radar out of Standby or Hold) activates the transmitter. This allows the user to control the length of time the transmitter is on. The shortest practical time the user can fire and read a speed is about 1⁄2 second. Most radar detectors easily recognize this, not just alerting the target vehicle but every detector within a mile or two of the radar..
What can be done to stop speeders with radar detectors, then?
“During our January 2004 Radar Detector Test, we tested the newest detectors on the market. None of the radar detectors could pick up the MPH BEE III radar in POP mode.”
Source, Carl Fors, President, Speed Measurement Labs, February 1, 2004
What is POP Technology?
MPH Industries developed POPTM technology to beat overcome the problem of radar detectors. This patented technology utilizes the latest science to stop speeders from buying their way around the law with a radar detector. Using the POP mode, an officer can do quick, accurate speed checks on traffic without alerting the target vehicle or anyone else on the road.
What’s special about POP technology?
When the radar is placed into POP mode, the radar’s computer takes control of the transmitter. It turns the transmitter on for only as much time as is needed to measure a speed, which is only a fraction of a second. The entire measurement happens more quickly than is humanly possible; so quickly that the radar detector doesn't react to it. The speed is then displayed on the radar.
What does the officer do with this information?
If the vehicle's speed is not a violation, the operator does nothing and no one knows that he's running radar. However, if the speed is of interest, he just presses a button while the speed is being displayed and the radar will go into normal transmit mode, allowing the officer to track the vehicle and lock its speed, just the same as is done with a standard radar.
Is POP technology legal?
Yes. The officer still collects the evidence for the citation using traditional radar methods and case law.
POP technology has been on the market for several years on MPH’s radar. It is found on the Z-25, Z-35, BEE III and Enforcer radars. All of these radars are listed on the IACP’s Consumer Product List.
Is POP technology still Doppler radar?
Yes. It is still a true Doppler radar technique. The radar is simply taking control of the amount of time that it is transmitting. The transmit time is limited to the minimum amount necessary for measuring a target.
Is POP technology accurate?
Yes. Independent testing by Speed Measurement Labs has proven POP mode to be accurate.
Does POP technology work?
Yes. Speed Measurement Labs in their Annual Radar Detector Tests has proven POP mode to effectively defeat radar detectors. Most radar detectors cannot detect the POP mode signal, although sometimes one gets lucky.
A major indication of the effectiveness of POP technology is the variety of “hate” websites devoted to it by radar detector companies such as Valentine (manufacturer of the “best” radar detector on the market). If POP technology didn’t work, the radar detector manufacturers wouldn’t care about it.
Simply put, POP technology is the only effective way to catch habitual speeders and aggressive drivers who use radar detectors
Period.

And as for your case you spoke of throwing out visual estimates a probably cause to conduct a traffic stop,, if that deputy didnt stop that vehicle then 10 kilos of cocaine would still be on the street. What a win for speeders and speed users!
__________________
_______________________________________________

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Curent Jeep
2013 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited Commando Green 2.5 inch Terra Flex, 35x12.50 Grabber RED LETTERS
2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo E Stone White, ORA1,Factory Tow, RRO leveling kit. 32x10 BFG Mud Terrains 13 Rubicon Wheels
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-04-2012, 12:03 PM
GCOverland's Avatar
Jeep Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 1,014
Thanks: 1
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 2588
GCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeGCOverland has a reputation beyond reputeGCOverland has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Speeding Ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by fljeepleo View Post
Arrogant is you speeding around taking other peoples lives in your hands. Even more arrogant is having a device on your dash that beeps causing you to slam on your brakes causing other motorists to slam on there brakes possibly causing a crash.
I couldn't agree more!

In my entire life, I NEVER got a single speeding-ticket or used any kind of device to prevent me from getting one. How did I do it? I check out the speed-limit signs and my speedometer. If I'm more than 5 (at lower speeds) to 10 mph (on Interstates) above the allowed limit, I slow down. It really works!

I even followed this simply rule while I was driving my 500HP 2006 BMW M5. And why?

"With great power comes great responsibility".

Some get it, others don't.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 40
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1132
Scrib99 is on a distinguished road
I always laugh at the police who say radar detectors and laser jammers don't work because they never take into account the amount of people they don't catch. If quality equipment is used an installed properly then it will work, never perfect, but will work. The biggest thing about speeding is picking your spots and knowing your surroundings. Good drivers and police officers know this that's is why not everyone is pulled over for 66 in a 65.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 788
Yellowcab is on a distinguished road
Re: Speeding Ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by fljeepleo View Post
Wow!

2. You actually looked up the user manual for MPH industries? Ok mr lawyer, the pop mode can be used to get an estimate. I, being a certified radar laser operator give a visual estimate of your speed, my estimation is then compared to the readout of my radar unit. If I estimate your speed and turn on my unit while visually estimating your speed I notice the front end of your vehicle dip while my radar unit is showing a fast decrease in speed then I will write you for my visual estimate. Pop mode also means as soon as my unit engages I get an instant reading giving you no warning and giving me your speed before you can react.

Arrogant is you speeding around taking other peoples lives in your hands. Even more arrogant is having a device on your dash that beeps causing you to slam on your brakes causing other motorists to slam on there brakes possibly causing a crash.

You do your job. I'll do mine. You can thank me another time for keeping you and your family safe. I hope I'm not failing when you call me because someone is breaking into your home.

Sincerely.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't condone speeding on residential streets. However, many posted speed limits were not calculated by NHTSA recommended methods, and many roads have speed limits less than the 80 percentile of drivers on those roads.

If speed enforcement was about safety, then you would see more marked police cars in more visible locations. This would slow drivers down. Having unmarked police vehicles, use of motorcycles, and hidden police vehicles are about generating revenue.

If safety was a concern, then law enforcement would concentrate more on distracted drivers, unsafe vehicles, unrestrained children, inadequately restrained young children, proper road courtesy and proper use of turn signals. Additionally, if law enforcement took a proactive approach and provided more driver education, our roads would be safer, but adversely affect ticket revenue.

The reason enforcement is focused on speed, is because it is an easy target to enforce. Don't be lazy and enforce the easy target, work hard and make the streets safer.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Castle Rock, CO
Posts: 600
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 381749
Aiyer has a reputation beyond reputeAiyer has a reputation beyond reputeAiyer has a reputation beyond reputeAiyer has a reputation beyond reputeAiyer has a reputation beyond reputeAiyer has a reputation beyond reputeAiyer has a reputation beyond reputeAiyer has a reputation beyond reputeAiyer has a reputation beyond reputeAiyer has a reputation beyond reputeAiyer has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Speeding Ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowcab View Post
I don't condone speeding on residential streets. However, many posted speed limits were not calculated by NHTSA recommended methods, and many roads have speed limits less than the 80 percentile of drivers on those roads.

If speed enforcement was about safety, then you would see more marked police cars in more visible locations. This would slow drivers down. Having unmarked police vehicles, use of motorcycles, and hidden police vehicles are about generating revenue.

If safety was a concern, then law enforcement would concentrate more on distracted drivers, unsafe vehicles, unrestrained children, inadequately restrained young children, proper road courtesy and proper use of turn signals. Additionally, if law enforcement took a proactive approach and provided more driver education, our roads would be safer, but adversely affect ticket revenue.

The reason enforcement is focused on speed, is because it is an easy target to enforce. Don't be lazy and enforce the easy target, work hard and make the streets safer.
Couldn't agree more!

I see a lot of people driving irresponsibly, distracted and recklessly. Speed was not the factors for all this. I have been riding my motorcycle for many many years and it is getting extremely dangerous to ride anymore, not because of people speeding.

Coming home couple of hours ago on the interstate, this guy going below speed limit on the right lane, changes lane and pulls up in front of me without using signal, causing me brake hard. He would not even go at speed limit after changing the lane. So I wait for a minute hoping this guy would move back to right lane. Nope, he does not. So I had to go to left lane, pass this moron and continue on the right lane at speed limit. The best part of all this, there was a cop, on the right lane, behind this moron watching all this and he/she completely ignore this. But, few minutes later, the cop pulls up some other car going on the right lane at or below speed limit. After few miles, I noticed that the moron was still going below speed limit on the left lane blocking few cars behind him.
__________________
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
2008 Porsche Cayenne S
2002 Aprilia SL1000R
2000 Porsche Boxster (Sold)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee SE (Sold and still missed)
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-05-2012, 01:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago Suburb
Posts: 148
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 83552
MikeBoom has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBoom has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBoom has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBoom has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBoom has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBoom has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBoom has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBoom has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBoom has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBoom has a reputation beyond reputeMikeBoom has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Speeding Ticket

Just to jump in here, with a point or two, though I don't expect to win any hearts or minds . . .

POP has been detectable by radar detectors for years. When an officer "pops" a vehicle a couple of miles ahead of me, I'll get an alert on my V1 or my Escort (I have different models in different vehicles). It's no more of a threat to someone driving reasonably (albeit above the limit) than any other type of instant-on technology. And, while the LIDAR proponents would claim otherwise, it's kind of the same deal, though admittedly there's more of an advantage for the LIDAR user: LIDAR will reflect off of vehicles ahead, overpasses, etc.

The key is to never be the first, fastest guy going down the road. Save a little gas. Let someone else feed the coffers.

Ultimately, it would be better for all if states and municipalities would adhere to well-established traffic engineering guidelines in setting speed limits. If they were to do so, safety would be improved and far fewer drivers would exceed the limits.

Anyway, my hat's off to the guys and gals who wear the uniform (did it long ago myself); it's largely a thankless job and they're often saddled with enforcing unrealistic laws.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
some...Porshe Got me a speeding ticket... Leonexx812 Grand Cherokee - WK 20 10-31-2011 02:56 PM
Speeding up a 3.7 Matteo Grand Cherokee - WK 21 07-22-2009 10:12 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community