Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 06-18-2012, 08:08 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,171
Thanks: 1
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
Rep Power: 3036
jp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Summit model - good price?

I would find out why that summit is on the used car lot. If you can't find out the real reason I wouldn't touch it. You don't want to save a little buying something used and then have a problem vehicle on your hands.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 780
Tom1234 is on a distinguished road
Re: Summit model - good price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp467 View Post
I would find out why that summit is on the used car lot. If you can't find out the real reason I wouldn't touch it. You don't want to save a little buying something used and then have a problem vehicle on your hands.
i ended up buying a new '12 overland summit today since the other used car sold. overpaid a little since '13s are coming out but got a fair amount on my trade-in.

thanks everyone for your help!
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-22-2012, 06:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 778
anupe is on a distinguished road
Re: Summit model - good price?

Greetings everyone! I'm new to site, been lurking for awhile, but never posted. So be gentle, lol. Anyway, I'm seriously looking at becoming a JGC owner.

Specifically, the 2012 Overland Summit model with the 5.7L Hemi and chrome package has my eye. I've been offered a really deal (at least I think it's good) for approximately $6K under MSRP or roughly $45K plus taxes and tags.

I reviewed the 2013 changes coming for the Summit model and they look to be awesome upgrades/modifications. In reviewing the preliminary updates for 2014, it looks like to Summit model is a question mark. I'm wondering if the addition of the diesel engine option and the potential for some of the optional features that are currently offered on the Limited and maybe Overland moving to standard features would push the market/need for the Overland Summit out???

I mean how many models can JGC sustain with Laredo, Limited, Overland, Overland Summit, SRT8 and then the ability to have the diesel engine for the Laredo, Limited and Overland models.

It's difficult enough now in 2012 for me to choose between the Limited, Overland and Overland Summit. I suspect this may be why the luxury group package on the Limited model was eliminated mid ordering cycle. Kind of moved the Limited into the Overland market. I don't know, I'm just speculating.

Ok, I don't want my first post to be a book. So, let me wrap this up. In reading through this thread it seems to me that the offering of roughly 6k under MSRP/$45K plus taxes and tags, is a good deal. This it???

Thanks!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-22-2012, 06:26 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 780
Tom1234 is on a distinguished road
Re: Summit model - good price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupe View Post
Greetings everyone! I'm new to site, been lurking for awhile, but never posted. So be gentle, lol. Anyway, I'm seriously looking at becoming a JGC owner.

Specifically, the 2012 Overland Summit model with the 5.7L Hemi and chrome package has my eye. I've been offered a really deal (at least I think it's good) for approximately $6K under MSRP or roughly $45K plus taxes and tags.

I reviewed the 2013 changes coming for the Summit model and they look to be awesome upgrades/modifications. In reviewing the preliminary updates for 2014, it looks like to Summit model is a question mark. I'm wondering if the addition of the diesel engine option and the potential for some of the optional features that are currently offered on the Limited and maybe Overland moving to standard features would push the market/need for the Overland Summit out???

I mean how many models can JGC sustain with Laredo, Limited, Overland, Overland Summit, SRT8 and then the ability to have the diesel engine for the Laredo, Limited and Overland models.

It's difficult enough now in 2012 for me to choose between the Limited, Overland and Overland Summit. I suspect this may be why the luxury group package on the Limited model was eliminated mid ordering cycle. Kind of moved the Limited into the Overland market. I don't know, I'm just speculating.

Ok, I don't want my first post to be a book. So, let me wrap this up. In reading through this thread it seems to me that the offering of roughly 6k under MSRP/$45K plus taxes and tags, is a good deal. This it???

Thanks!
They'll be more apt to negotiate on 12's when 13's start showing up on their lots at the end of August. If you get a Summit, I'd wait for the 13's since you get folding mirrors and front park assist. I couldn't wait bc I needed to trade in my '04.

BTW, don't start negotiating from MSRP, start at their invoice and realize you also get a $1k rebate and can get them lower due to holdbacks and clearing out inventory. You can also try for the tread lightly discount or preferred pricing depending where you work. I ended up at ~43k before ttl but got a fair price on my trade as well so think it was a fair deal for both parties - I think I could have gotten another few hundred off or got them to throw in some more accessories but c'est la vie!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-23-2012, 06:35 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 778
anupe is on a distinguished road
Re: Summit model - good price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom1234 View Post
They'll be more apt to negotiate on 12's when 13's start showing up on their lots at the end of August. If you get a Summit, I'd wait for the 13's since you get folding mirrors and front park assist. I couldn't wait bc I needed to trade in my '04.

BTW, don't start negotiating from MSRP, start at their invoice and realize you also get a $1k rebate and can get them lower due to holdbacks and clearing out inventory. You can also try for the tread lightly discount or preferred pricing depending where you work. I ended up at ~43k before ttl but got a fair price on my trade as well so think it was a fair deal for both parties - I think I could have gotten another few hundred off or got them to throw in some more accessories but c'est la vie!
Thanks for the the feedback/information. I should have mentioned that by turecar.com the invoice is $47,759, Market is $46,504 and Dealer cost is $45,253. So, my offer is about $2,759 or 5.7% below invoice (which is under the 2% tread lightly offer), $200 below dealer cost and 1,504 below Market.

You mentioned you negotiated $43K on your Summit. Did you get the 5.7 hemi Summit? If not, we may be at the same price point as the hemi is a $2,195 option and the chrome package is $995. I want make sure we are comparing apples to apples.

What I'm trying to gauge is, is it realistic for a dealer to be able to offer me or anyone 5K below invoice/2k below dealer cost? That just doesn't sound realistic, but hey I don't buy new cars everyday.

Thanks again!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 780
Tom1234 is on a distinguished road
Re: Summit model - good price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupe View Post
Thanks for the the feedback/information. I should have mentioned that by turecar.com the invoice is $47,759, Market is $46,504 and Dealer cost is $45,253. So, my offer is about $2,759 or 5.7% below invoice (which is under the 2% tread lightly offer), $200 below dealer cost and 1,504 below Market.

You mentioned you negotiated $43K on your Summit. Did you get the 5.7 hemi Summit? If not, we may be at the same price point as the hemi is a $2,195 option and the chrome package is $995. I want make sure we are comparing apples to apples.

What I'm trying to gauge is, is it realistic for a dealer to be able to offer me or anyone 5K below invoice/2k below dealer cost? That just doesn't sound realistic, but hey I don't buy new cars everyday.

Thanks again!
why would invoice be above market / msrp?

if the msrp is $50,115 or $49,715 for an overland summit the dealer invoice is like $46 or $46,474 so cost is not $45 and change. plus there is a $1k customer rebate right now and dealer gets hold backs. you can do better.

my overland summit is 4wd and has the 5.7L v8. the only thing the chrome package gives you additional is side steps i believe b/c the summit already has chrome foglight bezels, mirrors, and grille.

when i did the amex truecar/zag price, it gave me that $45 and change price which is just invoice minus the $1k rebate. you can get another % below that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-28-2012, 02:56 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 225
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1202
nathantw is on a distinguished road
Re: Summit model - good price?

I wish I had all of you people to negotiate for me. I, to put it mildly, got reamed.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-28-2012, 06:06 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 780
Tom1234 is on a distinguished road
Re: Summit model - good price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathantw View Post
I wish I had all of you people to negotiate for me. I, to put it mildly, got reamed.
I just got $1000 customer cash offer in mail right after I bought mine. Ahhhh! Wish I could somehow get it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-28-2012, 09:34 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NJ
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 778
anupe is on a distinguished road
Re: Summit model - good price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom1234 View Post
why would invoice be above market / msrp?

if the msrp is $50,115 or $49,715 for an overland summit the dealer invoice is like $46 or $46,474 so cost is not $45 and change. plus there is a $1k customer rebate right now and dealer gets hold backs. you can do better.

my overland summit is 4wd and has the 5.7L v8. the only thing the chrome package gives you additional is side steps i believe b/c the summit already has chrome foglight bezels, mirrors, and grille.

when i did the amex truecar/zag price, it gave me that $45 and change price which is just invoice minus the $1k rebate. you can get another % below that.
Thanks again for the feedback/info! What area of the country are you in? That sucks that you got the coupon in the mail a week after purchasing.

How did you get the 1k off coupon? I ask because, I'm days away from purchasing. Actually, it may be tomorrow, but I'll wait if I can get signed up to get that 1K off coupon, lol!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-29-2012, 08:50 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 780
Tom1234 is on a distinguished road
Re: Summit model - good price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupe View Post
Thanks again for the feedback/info! What area of the country are you in? That sucks that you got the coupon in the mail a week after purchasing.

How did you get the 1k off coupon? I ask because, I'm days away from purchasing. Actually, it may be tomorrow, but I'll wait if I can get signed up to get that 1K off coupon, lol!
just randomly showed up in mail from jeep/chrysler and says only i can use it or a member of my family in immediate household.

i might call finance mgr at dealer and say i got it and will split it with them if they can somehow apply it but guessing my chances are about 0.01% of it working.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How does this Overland Summit price look? amill Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 7 03-14-2012 10:34 AM
Good selling price. 04JGC Grand Cherokee - WJ 7 04-29-2011 07:06 PM
Any know where i can find a good price?? HELP hella_wk Grand Cherokee - WK 5 03-09-2011 11:50 AM
Good price?? shawnrw Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 19 01-19-2011 08:12 PM
Whats a good price? 06RC22 Grand Cherokee - WK 18 03-11-2010 01:29 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community