Train Horn - Page 10 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #109  
Old 03-26-2014, 10:42 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2013 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 297
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts
Rep Power: 1743
JoeD is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Train Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcursionDiesel View Post
Mine, as mentioned earlier, is on a separate button. I think this is what most do also. Its not to be nice or practical though... Its because it works best that way. It would be foolish to use as your normal horn because the air compressor can't keep up. Its only good for a few short blast before depleting the tank.
Any system I have seen was set up like you said. I think you would want the factory horn for the most part for everyday driving.

__________________
2013 WK2 Limited 5.7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #110  
Old 03-26-2014, 10:49 AM
PhillyAnt's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SE PA
Posts: 159
Thanks: 35
Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 2339
PhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Train Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW03ES View Post
Heh...I bet you're 100% wrong. If you polled the people here that have these horns. I'd bet money almost all of them replaced their OEM horn. So the train horn is their ONLY horn.
I don't think a car would pass inspection with a train horn set up as their regular horn. Plus, a train horn functions completely differently than a regular OEM horn. You need an air compressor, tank, and time to make it function. Depending on the size of the tank, it could take several seconds or minutes to fill it up with enough pressure to blow the horn again. It takes a whole lot of air to make these things produce the loud noise that they are capable of.
__________________
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit w/hemi in Granite Crystal (3/14 build date)

Want to drop some LBs? I can help you. Seriously! Watch my video in the link and then message me if you want to learn more :thumbsup:

http://youtu.be/2f13kCFux0s

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  #111  
Old 03-26-2014, 10:52 AM
PhillyAnt's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SE PA
Posts: 159
Thanks: 35
Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 2339
PhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Train Horn

PS: I think the arguing and name calling is making both parties look a little silly here. Maybe it's time that you guys just let it go and move on. I'm starting to feel embarrassed for you
__________________
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit w/hemi in Granite Crystal (3/14 build date)

Want to drop some LBs? I can help you. Seriously! Watch my video in the link and then message me if you want to learn more :thumbsup:

http://youtu.be/2f13kCFux0s

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following User Says Thank You to PhillyAnt For This Useful Post:
  #112  
Old 03-26-2014, 11:04 AM
Hitchhiking
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 1,274
Thanks: 1
Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 0
dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
Your worrying about how and what other people do and think I'm angry? My 1 st post summed up all of your posts so far except for when you said the show was over.
Good comeback. You recycled you first un imaginative post, nice job avoiding every fact in every post with a blanket "hey you're a pussy" without actually saying the word. That's creative.

I'm not worried. I've made my point on how I feel about the guys in that video 10 times. Because you are clearly illiterate you still don't get it. For the record, most people on this board feel the same way as I do. They just word it differently, aren't as extreme. Again, illiteracy has plagued you and your ability to respond in a sensical way.

Back to your response-
Is that really the best you can produce? You'd be embarrassed if you knew better. From a reality standpoint, you have been undressed three times over. You're problem is you don't realize you're standing in the middle of the room naked, little horn and all.

Now, this is where you come back with your ever creative "hey, you're a pussy"

Then I verbally crush you again, you sit there with drool coming down you face thinking how wonderful calling me a vag was.

I've heard this song already. So, copy and past your first post again and enjoy the "victory"

FTW. LOL.

The lol is there to give you something to joke about instead of making stuff up....my gift to you.
  #113  
Old 03-26-2014, 11:24 AM
BuckeyeSRT's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2012 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Home of the Buckeyes
Posts: 1,790
Thanks: 37
Thanked 47 Times in 35 Posts
Rep Power: 103706
BuckeyeSRT has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeSRT has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeSRT has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeSRT has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeSRT has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeSRT has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeSRT has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeSRT has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeSRT has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeSRT has a reputation beyond reputeBuckeyeSRT has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Train Horn

I have decided to put my Jeep horn on my cruise ship.
__________________
2012 BB Overland Summit
Like my company on Facebook ...please
https://www.facebook.com/TheSimmondsGroup
Twitter @simmondsgroup
  #114  
Old 03-26-2014, 11:37 AM
SW03ES's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Posts: 1,882
Thanks: 18
Thanked 69 Times in 54 Posts
Rep Power: 1304530
SW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Train Horn

Then if its just an auxiliary horn...amd the driver doesn't use it on public roads...then who cares?
__________________
~Steve~
2015 Lexus LS460 AWD, Nebula Grey w/Light Grey Shimamoku Interior
2015 Kia Sedona SX-L, BlackBerry w/ Dark Burgundy Interior
Previous Jeeps: 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland; 2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo X
  #115  
Old 03-26-2014, 11:37 AM
1stJeepGC's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: NYC Area
Posts: 1,549
Thanks: 222
Thanked 186 Times in 163 Posts
Rep Power: 27220
1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute1stJeepGC has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Train Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyAnt View Post
PS: I think the arguing and name calling is making both parties look a little silly here. Maybe it's time that you guys just let it go and move on. I'm starting to feel embarrassed for you
Greetings,

Great video and more important, great work by yourself. Keep it up.
Always stay positive.


Best for now.
__________________
Laredo X, Trail Rated, QTii, Sele-Terrian, Quadra Lift, Off-Road Adventure Package ii, Nokian Rotiva AT, Tow, AFE CAI, DiabloSport inTune 1000-DCX, Custom Sound System ( HAT speakers, JLAudio , Pioneer , JBL MS-8 & RF 3.sixty.3 -- see the writeup link below for more details)

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/2011-...ver-79121.html
The Following User Says Thank You to 1stJeepGC For This Useful Post:
  #116  
Old 03-26-2014, 12:50 PM
PhillyAnt's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: SE PA
Posts: 159
Thanks: 35
Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 2339
PhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond reputePhillyAnt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Train Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stJeepGC View Post
Greetings,

Great video and more important, great work by yourself. Keep it up.
Always stay positive.


Best for now.
Thank you. I really appreciate that
__________________
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit w/hemi in Granite Crystal (3/14 build date)

Want to drop some LBs? I can help you. Seriously! Watch my video in the link and then message me if you want to learn more :thumbsup:

http://youtu.be/2f13kCFux0s

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  #117  
Old 03-26-2014, 12:56 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2013 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 297
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts
Rep Power: 1743
JoeD is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Train Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubwarren View Post
Good comeback. You recycled you first un imaginative post, nice job avoiding every fact in every post with a blanket "hey you're a pussy" without actually saying the word. That's creative.

I'm not worried. I've made my point on how I feel about the guys in that video 10 times. Because you are clearly illiterate you still don't get it. For the record, most people on this board feel the same way as I do. They just word it differently, aren't as extreme. Again, illiteracy has plagued you and your ability to respond in a sensical way.

Back to your response-
Is that really the best you can produce? You'd be embarrassed if you knew better. From a reality standpoint, you have been undressed three times over. You're problem is you don't realize you're standing in the middle of the room naked, little horn and all.

Now, this is where you come back with your ever creative "hey, you're a pussy"

Then I verbally crush you again, you sit there with drool coming down you face thinking how wonderful calling me a vag was.

I've heard this song already. So, copy and past your first post again and enjoy the "victory"

FTW. LOL.

The lol is there to give you something to joke about instead of making stuff up....my gift to you.
You never posted any facts, you posted opinion and even then it was just BS.
I guess this is where you go off the deep end and for some strange reason think it bothers me. You were an easy target with your claims of following someone home, then the back peddle, then the it would be nice. I don't think even you know what your rambling on about at this point.
Your only logic was what if this happened, what if I to was your kid, what if bla bla bla.
Do you live your life based off what if this happens?
__________________
2013 WK2 Limited 5.7
  #118  
Old 03-26-2014, 01:25 PM
Hitchhiking
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 1,274
Thanks: 1
Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 0
dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren dubwarren
Fact 1- I said blowing a train horn in an irresponsible way is dangerous behavior. Substantiated by the fact that a police officer arrested and charged a person with a violation of the law. Further substantiated by the fact that a judge convicted said person.

Fact 2-the child that fell off of his bike in the video could've been seriously injured.

Fact 3-you over used the word pussy. Once is too many times.

There's more but I feel I've lost 5 minutes of my life that I can never get back so I need to draw the line somewhere.

It was and still is my OPINION that people who do what the guy in video did need to be punished. My method might differ from others, but most agree with me on some level. If it rubs you the wrong way when I say I'd like to give that guy a beating, so be it. I can understand that. You have every right to disagree or be angry. Or not. Whatever. Same right I have to be angry and disagree with what went on in the video. Or not.

I hope you'll notice there were no personal attacks in there (too easy) just a short but thorough response to your post.


I've left you with three facts for the road. You can deny or argue. Fine. I can't waste any more time on this than I already have debating with a person like you.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
  #119  
Old 03-26-2014, 01:49 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2013 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: MA
Posts: 297
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 17 Posts
Rep Power: 1743
JoeD is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Train Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubwarren View Post
Fact 1- I said blowing a train horn in an irresponsible way is dangerous behavior. Substantiated by the fact that a police officer arrested and charged a person with a violation of the law. Further substantiated by the fact that a judge convicted said person.

Fact 2-the child that fell off of his bike in the video could've been seriously injured.

Fact 3-you over used the word pussy. Once is too many times.

There's more but I feel I've lost 5 minutes of my life that I can never get back so I need to draw the line somewhere.

It was and still is my OPINION that people who do what the guy in video did need to be punished. My method might differ from others, but most agree with me on some level. If it rubs you the wrong way when I say I'd like to give that guy a beating, so be it. I can understand that. You have every right to disagree or be angry. Or not. Whatever. Same right I have to be angry and disagree with what went on in the video. Or not.

I hope you'll notice there were no personal attacks in there (too easy) just a short but thorough response to your post.


I've left you with three facts for the road. You can deny or argue. Fine. I can't waste any more time on this than I already have debating with a person like you.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Fact 1- we're you there or do you believe everything you read on the internet?

Fact 2- you say could have, do we now charge and prosecute people for what could happen?

Fact 3- you sound like a pussy with your follow the guy home and remove them from the gene pool comments, then turn around and say you wouldn't when I commented on it.

I have nice days everyday, thanks. This is an entertainment thread and should be viewed as such and not taken to seriously.
__________________
2013 WK2 Limited 5.7
  #120  
Old 03-26-2014, 02:34 PM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,006
Thanks: 73
Thanked 277 Times in 244 Posts
Rep Power: 46307
lstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond reputelstowell has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Train Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcursionDiesel View Post
LOL! FYI, I work with a youth outreach and have teens at home so texting and abbreviations are embedded in my vernacular. I am an engineer by day so I have to switch modes for business. I can't stand business emails with all lower case and no punctuation...ugh!
The kids didn't invent that, but I also doubt if many of them ever read "archy & mehitabel" where I wouldn't even want to claim that was the first public instance.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Train Horn Install - Anyone?? Play21cw Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 83 04-02-2016 07:21 PM
Hornblasters Train Horn SolarWar Audio, Video, Navigation & Electronic Modifications 18 04-03-2011 03:39 PM
Train horn setup - anyone done this? TheAngryMinnow Grand Cherokee - WK 41 03-13-2011 08:23 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.