Originally Posted by bozer
My dealer told me I was getting 730N long after I knew they weren't adding it anymore. I knew he had no clue what he was talking about. I kind of don't want it anyway since Garmin is the better navigation I've heard.
I've had both the RER and the RHB. They both have their pros and cons and depends on what matters to you. I've listed a few from my perspective below.
RHB Pros -
1. Bluetooth streaming (problematic skipping when iPhone is awake)
2. SMS - does not work yet though rumor has it that a Jan update will fix
3. Navigation - the gui looks up POIs quicker on the RHB in my view (caveat, my RER was on the 07JK and it has been updated since then). On the RER there were too many button pushes to find a POI.
RHB Cons -
1. Zoom in. The map resolution is not as good when zooming in. When the RHB zooms in, instead of using a different pictures with additional detail, it appears to zoom in on the current view which makes the streets wider. A better approach would be to have separate map pictures with the additional street level details for the zoomed in view.
2. It does not have the "bread crumb" feature. After each trip, the RHB has the option of showing you where you have been but you can not save it as a route in the same way as the implementation on the RER. The RER records your route and you have the option to saves it for future use.
3. Navigation not voice controlled. This is available on the RER.
RER Pros -
1. Zoom in. Much better rendering of the map on the RER.
2. Option to turn off some of the overlays to provide clearer view of the map.
3. Zoom in is manual not automatic. This may be a con for some but I consider manual zooming a "pro". On the RHB, it automatically zooms in and out depending on your speed (my guess) when not actively being guided to a location and I hate it because you do not have the option to turn this off that I can find. On the RER, you manually control your level of zoom.
RER Cons -
1. No Bluetooth streaming. No big deal for me since the implementation on the RHB is marginal at best. During steaming, you do not currently get any track info. I don't know if this will change with the rumored update.
2. No SMS. Again, no big deal since it doesn't work on the RHB yet...at least with the iphone.
3. GUI not as intuitive as Garmin. There are a lot of button pushes to search for destinations. Also when doing a search, there is a lag between entering a letter as though it is attempting to narrow down search results but this is not the case, it stills asks additional questions like the "POI Type". The search function needs to be streamlined.