Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #37  
Old 03-10-2011, 08:19 PM
White Chocolate's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2005 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 8,336
Thanks: 8
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 0
White Chocolate is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Why are people complaining about wait times?

LOL, you WK2 guys are hilarious.

I think the only normal person is moose LOL....

How about we get off mommys tittie and stop actin like a bunch of babies. Jeez
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 147
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 4208
dsi jeep has a reputation beyond reputedsi jeep has a reputation beyond reputedsi jeep has a reputation beyond reputedsi jeep has a reputation beyond reputedsi jeep has a reputation beyond reputedsi jeep has a reputation beyond reputedsi jeep has a reputation beyond reputedsi jeep has a reputation beyond reputedsi jeep has a reputation beyond reputedsi jeep has a reputation beyond reputedsi jeep has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why are people complaining about wait times?

16 week is nothing. You guys wait to see the waiting time on the 2013 model when Chrysler gets short on the new 8 speed trany. I am looking for a option to order my 2013 Overland now so hopefully I can get it before 2014.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-10-2011, 10:11 PM
jcnaranjo's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 269
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1509
jcnaranjo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate View Post
LOL, you WK2 guys are hilarious.

I think the only normal person is moose LOL....

How about we get off mommys tittie and stop actin like a bunch of babies. Jeez
I think everyone has a right to their opinion, but in this case I will have to side with us babies. This isn't an over/undercooked steak we are sending back to the kitchen, but one of the top of the line SUV's that Chrysler puts out. Like I stated in another post, Jeep has definitely built a winner here but has overlooked the customer service side of it. I have a 3 series BMW, which is their entry level vehicle, cost less than the Overland I have on order, and the buying experience was awesome from start to delivery. I just think this is where Chrysler has missed their mark. All I ask is to tell me you are backed up on orders and give me a realistic delivery date and I'm good with it. If I hadn't found this awesome blog, I would be oblivious to what's really going on... I will definitely wait a reasonable amount of time for my Overland, and then I will have to settle for the less off-road capable and higher priced X5... Yes customer service is that important to me.... Goo goo ga ga... Lol
__________________
2012 JGC SRT8/Mineral Gray...
MOPAR Chrome Shifter
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-10-2011, 10:19 PM
Marlin's Avatar
"The Aussie"

My Jeep: 1981 5.7L CJ
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Licmye Bawlls
Posts: 9,362
Thanks: 65
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 80932
Marlin has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin has a reputation beyond reputeMarlin has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why are people complaining about wait times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcnaranjo View Post
I think everyone has a right to their opinion, but in this case I will have to side with us babies. This isn't an over/undercooked steak we are sending back to the kitchen, but one of the top of the line SUV's that Chrysler puts out. Like I stated in another post, Jeep has definitely built a winner here but has overlooked the customer service side of it. I have a 3 series BMW, which is their entry level vehicle, cost less than the Overland I have on order, and the buying experience was awesome from start to delivery. I just think this is where Chrysler has missed their mark. All I ask is to tell me you are backed up on orders and give me a realistic delivery date and I'm good with it. If I hadn't found this awesome blog, I would be oblivious to what's really going on... I will definitely wait a reasonable amount of time for my Overland, and then I will have to settle for the less off-road capable and higher priced X5... Yes customer service is that important to me.... Goo goo ga ga... Lol
Plus rep!

well said
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-11-2011, 06:30 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1311
FrankNJ1 is on a distinguished road
Re: Why are people complaining about wait times?

Jeep needs to take a manufacturing lesson from BMW and the concept and implementation of build to order and just in time parts delivery to the line. If they can get these process right, then there is no reason that a ordered vehicle cannot be built and delivered to you with in 4 weeks. I bailed out and went with a BMW X5 instead and have a set production week (March 21st) and should have it by April 9th.
__________________
Was ordered...and bailed after waiting!!!

2011 GC Overland
Mineral Gray w/ Beige Frost
5.7 Hemi
AEK - Rear Seat Entertainment
RHR - New 730
ADG - Advanced Warning & ACC

Ordered BMW X5 and will have it within a few weeks!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-11-2011, 07:53 AM
Cperez's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bethesda, MD
Posts: 765
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 2098
Cperez is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Cperez
Re: Why are people complaining about wait times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNJ1 View Post
I bailed out and went with a BMW X5 instead and have a set production week (March 21st) and should have it by April 9th.
Congrats on the order of your bimmer. Are you planning on updating your sig block?
__________________
2011 JGC Overland 4x4
Mineral Gray/Black 5.7L Hemi 20" wheels
430n (RHB) Advanced Warning & ACC Group
Sharkfin antenna OEM roof rack/slush & cargo mats
Purchase date: 12.28.10

Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-11-2011, 10:05 AM
jcnaranjo's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2012 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 269
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1509
jcnaranjo is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNJ1 View Post
Jeep needs to take a manufacturing lesson from BMW and the concept and implementation of build to order and just in time parts delivery to the line. If they can get these process right, then there is no reason that a ordered vehicle cannot be built and delivered to you with in 4 weeks. I bailed out and went with a BMW X5 instead and have a set production week (March 21st) and should have it by April 9th.
Cograts on the X5! I guess that new 8 speed tranny gives you better gas mileage. Like I mentioned in my post, I will wait to see what happens to my Overland order and then Go your route and get the X5. Were you able to get your deposit back?
__________________
2012 JGC SRT8/Mineral Gray...
MOPAR Chrome Shifter
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-11-2011, 02:54 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1311
FrankNJ1 is on a distinguished road
Re: Why are people complaining about wait times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcnaranjo View Post
Cograts on the X5! I guess that new 8 speed tranny gives you better gas mileage. Like I mentioned in my post, I will wait to see what happens to my Overland order and then Go your route and get the X5. Were you able to get your deposit back?
Go the deposit back with no questions asked. Get the X5 for $200 over invoice.
__________________
Was ordered...and bailed after waiting!!!

2011 GC Overland
Mineral Gray w/ Beige Frost
5.7 Hemi
AEK - Rear Seat Entertainment
RHR - New 730
ADG - Advanced Warning & ACC

Ordered BMW X5 and will have it within a few weeks!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 03-11-2011, 03:42 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Colorado Springs,CO
Posts: 308
Thanks: 9
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1554
MikeD is on a distinguished road
Re: Why are people complaining about wait times?

Looks like a lot of orders were picked up today 3/11 according to the tracking page, that's good news.
__________________
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland V8-Traded in
2008 BMW M3 Sedan
1992 Corvette LT1
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 03-16-2011, 12:01 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,169
Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 2584
jeep2011 has a reputation beyond reputejeep2011 has a reputation beyond reputejeep2011 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why are people complaining about wait times?

BMW's volume is no where near the WKII's. Granted they do have a more streamlined ordering process and distribution. Whole whole problem is there are WKII's configured just the way someone wants one, but they are not willing to travel or search for them. The dealers should be trading more. I can not count how many overlands, saddle, and summits there are sitting on lots across the east and west coasts.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-16-2011, 07:56 PM
Dan JGC's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,817
Thanks: 1
Thanked 46 Times in 41 Posts
Rep Power: 3803
Dan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond reputeDan JGC has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why are people complaining about wait times?

^^^^ Not really true.....most are in odd configurations or with the RER or RHB, etc.
__________________
||||||| 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 V8 in Bright White Clear Coat exterior with Grand Canyon Jeep Brown interior. Built 3/20/2014 (I & KZ on 3/21/2014). |||||||
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-16-2011, 09:14 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 106
Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1328
K9jackie is on a distinguished road
Re: Why are people complaining about wait times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNJ1 View Post
Jeep needs to take a manufacturing lesson from BMW and the concept and implementation of build to order and just in time parts delivery to the line. If they can get these process right, then there is no reason that a ordered vehicle cannot be built and delivered to you with in 4 weeks. I bailed out and went with a BMW X5 instead and have a set production week (March 21st) and should have it by April 9th.

You want to buy my X5 cargo mat? I returned an X5 a couple weeks ago with a cracked cylinder....got a full refund.

Yeah, I know every manufacturer produces a few lemons but I decided to go back to Jeep because it is a good value. I've driven Jeeps for the last 18 years and all have been solid trucks. You get so much more for your money and it is a quality product... I think this new JGC interior is much nicer than the X5, especially with the new touch screen nav. I hated the BMW iDrive.
__________________

__________________
2011 Black Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit Edition- 4x4 5.7L
2006 Red Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - 4x4 4.0L


http://twitter.com/#!/lemon
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
To wait or take now? boldd Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 14 03-18-2011 04:49 PM
To Wait or Not to Wait... dublj Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 5 10-09-2010 05:22 PM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community