Why Do Complaint Posts Get Closed So Early? - Page 2 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Join Jeep Garage Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 11-06-2014, 01:02 PM
GCLimited's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2015
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mass
Posts: 1,191
Thanks: 14
Thanked 81 Times in 60 Posts
Rep Power: 52001
GCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Why Do Complaint Posts Get Closed So Early?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW03ES View Post

I will say...that I think you do a fair amount of trolling and that comes out in the way you are received on the forum. Look at your signature, "My transmission shifts like crap"...thats flamebait right there. I think you need to have a little respect for the fact that this is a private forum, owned and operated by enthusiasts not your pulpit to complain about your Jeep. It takes two to tango.
I hear what you're saying here...I do appreciate the freedom of expression I have on this site (I always have), as well as all the good information I've received here. I'd also like to think I've given back as well...with my many threads on transmission, tow hooks, CAI, etc. I guess I'm not the type of person who is willing to overlook the "sins" of a manufacturer just because I happen to own that model.

Quote:
BUT, if I were a moderator I would delete your signature...as an example.
That is your opinion...I'm happy the mods have not done that yet. And if my transmission gets fixed with this recent TSB, I'll be more than happy to remove it.

Quote:
On the flip side though, I would suggest that you take a step back and look at how you come across. You have to have a little respect for the fact that there are more happy people than unhappy people, and that those people have a right to be happy with their vehicles...they aren't all blinded morons because they don't share your dissatisfaction.
And that the problem right there. Why do these "happy" Jeep owners who have not had issues with their vehicles feel the need to come into these threads just to be jerks? If they have helpful information to add...that's great, if not...then just stay out.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14  
Old 11-06-2014, 01:07 PM
SW03ES's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Posts: 1,882
Thanks: 18
Thanked 69 Times in 54 Posts
Rep Power: 1304481
SW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why Do Complaint Posts Get Closed So Early?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCLimited View Post
I guess I'm just not the type of person who is willing to overlook the "sins" of Jeep just because I own one.
And neither am I, so I get that

Quote:
That is your opinion...I'm happy the mods have not done that yet. And if my transmission gets fixed with this recent TSB, I'll be more than happy to remove it.
Just remember...its not JG or Jeep fans fault that your transmission doesn't shift right. By posting that here you're riling up the forum and the members here...Chrysler doesn't see it or care.

You wonder why people react to you in a certain way, thats a reason why.

Quote:
And that the problem right there. Why do these "happy" Jeep owners who have not had issues with their vehicles feel the need to come into these threads just to be jerks? If they have helpful information to add...that's great, if not...then just stay out.
Because of the following reasons:

1. They're defending their brand for the reasons I outlined above
2. They're reacting to the vibes you're sending out with your style and things like your signature
3. Because people who are unhappy come into their happy threads and do the same thing you're accusing them of doing. Look at the thread about brand loyalty. When I posted that I was much happier with my 2014 than I was with my 2011 someone, I think it was you, came in and told me "it won't stay that way". Thats a great example.

Its a two way street.
__________________
~Steve~
2015 Lexus LS460 AWD, Nebula Grey w/Light Grey Shimamoku Interior
2015 Kia Sedona SX-L, BlackBerry w/ Dark Burgundy Interior
Previous Jeeps: 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland; 2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo X
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SW03ES For This Useful Post:
  #15  
Old 11-06-2014, 01:07 PM
macfan's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.2L KL
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fenton, Michigan USA
Posts: 608
Thanks: 130
Thanked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Rep Power: 5908
macfan has a reputation beyond reputemacfan has a reputation beyond reputemacfan has a reputation beyond reputemacfan has a reputation beyond reputemacfan has a reputation beyond reputemacfan has a reputation beyond reputemacfan has a reputation beyond reputemacfan has a reputation beyond reputemacfan has a reputation beyond reputemacfan has a reputation beyond reputemacfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why Do Complaint Posts Get Closed So Early?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW03ES View Post
As someone who has posted on and run auto forums for 15+ years, I see both sides of this.

Brand loyalty is very strong on forums, and it should be. These are enthusiast forums, they exist for the enjoyment of enthusiasts of the brand. To someone who is enthusiastic about the brand, having people constantly cutting it down, posting all kinds of negative stuff, is annoying to deal with. Especially for domestic makes like Jeep, these people (the "fanboys") take these things personally. Its ridiculous, but they do.

On the other hand, when people have a lot of chronic problems I know from experience that its so incredibly frustrating you need to vent...and people also join forums to do just that. Clearly there are a good number of people that have a lot of issues with their JGCs, and you have this mixing bowl effect when you put people who are on both sides of this together.

Then you have people who just want to complain about things that are completely normal, and things that they need to take responsibility for...i.e. the discussion you and I and a few others got into about using parking brakes when parking. Sometimes this comes from people just being frustrated in general and not giving the vehicle the benefit of the doubt any longer.

I will say...that I think you do a fair amount of trolling and that comes out in the way you are received on the forum. Look at your signature, "My transmission shifts like crap"...thats flamebait right there. I think you need to have a little respect for the fact that this is a private forum, owned and operated by enthusiasts not your pulpit to complain about your Jeep. It takes two to tango.

I think whenever a moderator closes a thread...it detracts from the fair and open nature of the forum and the forum's quality is diminished. So, the thread I you mention I would not have closed if I had been moderating this forum. People who get personal, nasty and out of line need to be asked to leave threads, and if they won't, they need to be suspended from the forum...but the thread should survive unless it just degrades into an all out flamewar...which I don't feel that thread had. BUT, if I were a moderator I would delete your signature...as an example.

Its hard for moderators too...because they are moderators here because they are Jeep enthusiasts...but to me thats part of the responsibility of moderating the forum, not to let your personal biases come through to your moderating actions.

On the flip side though, I would suggest that you take a step back and look at how you come across. You have to have a little respect for the fact that there are more happy people than unhappy people, and that those people have a right to be happy with their vehicles...they aren't all blinded morons because they don't share your dissatisfaction.

Very nicely written and a very mature look at the situation. I would just add one thing. After the complaint/problem has been listed the first time please leave it at that. Unless it is something owner fixable, and very few problems are these days, there is nothing most of us can do about the problem unless we would happen to be a Chrysler official. Keep hammering on it won't help you get the problem fixed. Believe it or not we all have empathy for you as we all have been there with one product or another. I would suggest just one thing that has worked for me when I want something from my service manager. These service mangers are so used to being climbed on that taking them coffee and donuts or similar (gift card to take their wife out to dinner maybe) and a willingness to work with them just might get you a different attitude from them. I apologize for my part in causing the animosity but as the above poster pointed out you were attacking the employment, work, and bread & butter of the people who live in my area.
  #16  
Old 11-06-2014, 01:08 PM
moosehead's Avatar
Horseshoe for the Donkeys

My Jeep: 2011 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: CO Rockies
Posts: 3,204
Thanks: 225
Thanked 106 Times in 91 Posts
Rep Power: 1621546
moosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond reputemoosehead has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why Do Complaint Posts Get Closed So Early?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpp View Post
i went to the classic side and bought a 69 el camino.

no more new cars for me ever. I just cant deal/

looks like nothing has changed here
You are my farking hero. My wife's biggest fear is I put an El Camino SS in the driveway someday. The first auto I purchased with my own money was a '56 Belair with a 327 chevy small block.

I'll buy the beers if you show me your El C, name the place.
__________________
2011 JGC Oland Hemi / Borla Catback Proto / Hemifever Tune on DS Trinity / Flyin Ryan PTB / Volant CAI / Bwoody Sway Links / BT Catch Can & Underhood Kit / Jon's Tinted Tails / SRT8 Hood, Steering Wheel, Shiftknob, Pedals / Firestone Dest AT's & Winter 18's / Focal 165 Component Fronts, Alpine PDX 5 Amp, Rockford Fosgate P3 10" Sub & Fiberglass Enclosure / PS2 Grill, Mirrors & Liftgate Strip / Tow Hooks & Skids / JW Speaker LED Foglights / Debadged, Tint, Clear Bra / Sharkfin / Vled & Putco LED's / JRoll Uber-Tech Cabin Filter / RA & Yak Roof Rack / Lit Sills, Slush & Cargo Mats
  #17  
Old 11-06-2014, 01:17 PM
SW03ES's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Posts: 1,882
Thanks: 18
Thanked 69 Times in 54 Posts
Rep Power: 1304481
SW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why Do Complaint Posts Get Closed So Early?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan View Post
I would just add one thing. After the complaint/problem has been listed the first time please leave it at that.
I agree that people have a tendency to keep hammering on the same topic, sometimes though talking about issues as a forum helps coordinate repairs. Sharing stories about what someone's dealer did and trying to get other dealers to do that. For instance the front axle thread is very helpful.

I think the main issue is when people drag their problems into every thread they post in. Its like when you see one person post in a thread, you know somehow that thread is going to become about his crappy transmission even if the topic is headlights.

Quote:
I would suggest just one thing that has worked for me when I want something from my service manager. These service mangers are so used to being climbed on that taking them coffee and donuts or similar (gift card to take their wife out to dinner maybe) and a willingness to work with them just might get you a different attitude from them.
I agree with this as well. A good relationship with your service manager helps when getting the dealer to go the extra mile. People get all like "I shouldnt have to do that blah blah blah", well I like people who help themselves. I agree in a perfect world that the president of Chrysler should come, give you $100 and fix your transmission...but its not a perfect world. You have to WANT to be satisfied, and what happens sometimes is people get to the point where they no longer want to be satisfied, they want to stay angry...and thats when you can't help them anymore.

My advice to you would be to try not to take what people post so personally.
__________________
~Steve~
2015 Lexus LS460 AWD, Nebula Grey w/Light Grey Shimamoku Interior
2015 Kia Sedona SX-L, BlackBerry w/ Dark Burgundy Interior
Previous Jeeps: 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland; 2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo X
The Following User Says Thank You to SW03ES For This Useful Post:
  #18  
Old 11-06-2014, 01:21 PM
Scottina06's Avatar
JeepGarage Founder
My Jeep: 2014 6.4L SRT8 WK2
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Berea, Kentucky
Posts: 52,208
Thanks: 1,739
Thanked 2,107 Times in 1,307 Posts
Rep Power: 7789099
Scottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond reputeScottina06 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Im sorry that i closed a few threads that had turned into nothing but shit flings and insults...implied and posted. You guys had beat the problem to a pulp and the threads had turned into nothing but one poster trying to one up the other. Im sure this post will bring out the same. There comes a point when i get tired of the reported posts and shit flinging.
__________________
SCOTT
The HARDER you work...the LUCKIER you are!
2014 REDLINE red Jeep SRT "BLOODIED" 1 of 1
2013 JKU Wrangler 10A-stormtrooper'ed, JW Speaker and more!
Previous JEEP rides-
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-deep cherry
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo-inferno red



Twitter-The_Jeep_Guy
Instagram-thejeep_guy

  #19  
Old 11-06-2014, 01:22 PM
GCLimited's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2015
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Mass
Posts: 1,191
Thanks: 14
Thanked 81 Times in 60 Posts
Rep Power: 52001
GCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond reputeGCLimited has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Why Do Complaint Posts Get Closed So Early?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW03ES View Post

Just remember...its not JG or Jeep fans fault that your transmission doesn't shift right. By posting that here you're riling up the forum and the members here...Chrysler doesn't see it or care.
I see it 180 degrees differently. I feel that complaint posts act as a warning to others and may be helpful to those who are experiencing the same issues. I also feel some people from Chrysler/Jeep MAY be reading the posts on sites like these...attempting to get a "pulse" on what people may feel about their product, or what troubling trends may be occurring.

For me, I've only complained of significate issues...not little things like panels being misaligned or creaking interior pieces...and it's nothing personal...just my own frustration after paying so much for this vehicle, and receiving poor performance & service in return.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GCLimited For This Useful Post:
  #20  
Old 11-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,337
Thanks: 1
Thanked 46 Times in 41 Posts
Rep Power: 4079
jp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond reputejp467 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why Do Complaint Posts Get Closed So Early?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW03ES View Post
As someone who has posted on and run auto forums for 15+ years, I see both sides of this.

Brand loyalty is very strong on forums, and it should be. These are enthusiast forums, they exist for the enjoyment of enthusiasts of the brand. To someone who is enthusiastic about the brand, having people constantly cutting it down, posting all kinds of negative stuff, is annoying to deal with. Especially for domestic makes like Jeep, these people (the "fanboys") take these things personally. Its ridiculous, but they do.

On the other hand, when people have a lot of chronic problems I know from experience that its so incredibly frustrating you need to vent...and people also join forums to do just that. Clearly there are a good number of people that have a lot of issues with their JGCs, and you have this mixing bowl effect when you put people who are on both sides of this together.

Then you have people who just want to complain about things that are completely normal, and things that they need to take responsibility for...i.e. the discussion you and I and a few others got into about using parking brakes when parking. Sometimes this comes from people just being frustrated in general and not giving the vehicle the benefit of the doubt any longer.

I will say...that I think you do a fair amount of trolling and that comes out in the way you are received on the forum. Look at your signature, "My transmission shifts like crap"...thats flamebait right there. I think you need to have a little respect for the fact that this is a private forum, owned and operated by enthusiasts not your pulpit to complain about your Jeep. It takes two to tango.

I think whenever a moderator closes a thread...it detracts from the fair and open nature of the forum and the forum's quality is diminished. So, the thread I you mention I would not have closed if I had been moderating this forum. People who get personal, nasty and out of line need to be asked to leave threads, and if they won't, they need to be suspended from the forum...but the thread should survive unless it just degrades into an all out flamewar...which I don't feel that thread had. BUT, if I were a moderator I would delete your signature...as an example.

Its hard for moderators too...because they are moderators here because they are Jeep enthusiasts...but to me thats part of the responsibility of moderating the forum, not to let your personal biases come through to your moderating actions.

On the flip side though, I would suggest that you take a step back and look at how you come across. You have to have a little respect for the fact that there are more happy people than unhappy people, and that those people have a right to be happy with their vehicles...they aren't all blinded morons because they don't share your dissatisfaction.

Thank you, this is very well written and I completely agree. The problem is a couple of the people that post on this forum think that when they start a thread or post something everything needs to be negative in that thread. It's like the consumer reports thread they only want to see negative posts if you point out something positive in the report they put on blinders they didn't see that. These people actually take a positive post about the vehicle as an attack on them. Its almost laughable.
The Following User Says Thank You to jp467 For This Useful Post:
  #21  
Old 11-06-2014, 01:31 PM
SW03ES's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Posts: 1,882
Thanks: 18
Thanked 69 Times in 54 Posts
Rep Power: 1304481
SW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond reputeSW03ES has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why Do Complaint Posts Get Closed So Early?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCLimited View Post
I see it 180 degrees differently. I feel that complaint posts act as a warning to others and may be helpful to those who are experiencing the same issues. I also feel some people from Chrysler/Jeep MAY be reading the posts on sites like these...attempting to get a "pulse" on what people may feel about their product, or what troubling trends may be occurring.
I'm not talking about posting your problems, I'm talking about constantly beating the same drum, putting your problems in your signature so they accompany EVERY post you make. It gets tiring.

People always think manufacturers are reading forums. They are, but they know what these issues are...and they know how people on forums are. By terrorizing the forum with your problems you don't terrorize Chrysler, you just make enemies on the forum.

Quote:
For me, I've only complained of significate issues...not little things like panels being misaligned or creaking interior pieces...and it's nothing personal...just my own frustration after paying so much for this vehicle, and receiving poor performance & service in return.
Just make sure you don't take that frustration out on the forum and its members. We didn't build your Jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp467
Thank you, this is very well written and I completely agree. The problem is a couple of the people that post on this forum think that when they start a thread or post something everything needs to be negative in that thread. It's like the consumer reports thread they only want to see negative posts if you point out something positive in the report they put on blinders they didn't see that. These people actually take a positive post about the vehicle as an attack on them. Its almost laughable.
I agree, but I will add my own experience. You can see from these posts I am not one of these people. I had issues, I traded the Jeep on a new one and now I'm happy. I want to be happy. BUT, when I was having problems and discussing them and coming to the rescue of others with problems...you guys turned on me quick, and I remember some exchanges with you specifically. People were characterizing me a certain way left or right and they were totally wrong about my motivations, but there wasn't anything I could do to convince them of that.

Everybody just needs to try and walk a bit in each others shoes. People with issues need to not take them out on the forum, not do shit like post them in your signatures, not drag them into off topic threads. People who are happy need to not automatically lash out at people with issues and give them the benefit of the doubt.

Part of the reason why people with issues take positive threads as attacks on themselves is that they are constantly being told THEY are the problem, not their vehicles. They're told that by Chrysler, by the dealer, and by this forum. Its incredibly frustrating. It gets to the point where they see positive posts as more "See, it IS you".
__________________
~Steve~
2015 Lexus LS460 AWD, Nebula Grey w/Light Grey Shimamoku Interior
2015 Kia Sedona SX-L, BlackBerry w/ Dark Burgundy Interior
Previous Jeeps: 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland; 2011 Grand Cherokee Laredo X
The Following User Says Thank You to SW03ES For This Useful Post:
  #22  
Old 11-06-2014, 01:32 PM
bill_de's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2017 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,245
Thanks: 673
Thanked 928 Times in 739 Posts
Rep Power: 1804913
bill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why Do Complaint Posts Get Closed So Early?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCLimited View Post
... people from Chrysler/Jeep MAY be reading the posts on sites like these...
I recently joined a Ford forum. Like JeepGarage it is not supported by Ford. It is supported by members and vendors.

Ford has two people assigned to the forum. One to answer question about Ford's version of uConnect. The other intercedes when a member is having a problem getting a dealer to fix something.

I haven't had any problems, but from reading through the posts, these two women are doing a great job.


---
__________________
If you need a shoulder to cry on ...
... pull over to the side of the road!

  #23  
Old 11-06-2014, 01:56 PM
macfan's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.2L KL
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fenton, Michigan USA
Posts: 608
Thanks: 130
Thanked 92 Times in 77 Posts
Rep Power: 5908
macfan has a reputation beyond reputemacfan has a reputation beyond reputemacfan has a reputation beyond reputemacfan has a reputation beyond reputemacfan has a reputation beyond reputemacfan has a reputation beyond reputemacfan has a reputation beyond reputemacfan has a reputation beyond reputemacfan has a reputation beyond reputemacfan has a reputation beyond reputemacfan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Why Do Complaint Posts Get Closed So Early?

GCLimited: Here is the problem as I see it. I never said you don't have a problem. I do admit I truly wonder if it is bad as you say it it. But that makes no difference. It is bad enough that it bothers you. One thing you need to understand is that you keep going on about how much you paid for your Jeep. That does not make you unique. Vehicles cost far more today than they ever have. I paid more for my Jeep Cherokee Limited, even with my parent's Chrysler discounts, than I did for each of my last two houses. By now you have probably figured out that I know people who have contacts inside Chrysler. That is not bragging just a benefit of growing up in the family I did and the area I did. But after seeing your tantrums here and the language you have chosen to use I am reluctant to reach out to you. Do you remember that old commercial, "You never get a second chance to make a first impression"? I think perhaps you have burned some bridges with the way you have carried on here. As my father used to tell me before he passed away, "You attract more flies with honey than you do with vinegar". I do hope you get your Jeep fixed to your satisfaction and have many miles of happy motoring. Truly I wish you no evil. Good luck from one of the guys you called a Chrysler leg humper.
  #24  
Old 11-06-2014, 02:15 PM
SnoFire's Avatar
The Negotiator
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 5,059
Thanks: 70
Thanked 169 Times in 132 Posts
Rep Power: 391034
SnoFire has a reputation beyond reputeSnoFire has a reputation beyond reputeSnoFire has a reputation beyond reputeSnoFire has a reputation beyond reputeSnoFire has a reputation beyond reputeSnoFire has a reputation beyond reputeSnoFire has a reputation beyond reputeSnoFire has a reputation beyond reputeSnoFire has a reputation beyond reputeSnoFire has a reputation beyond reputeSnoFire has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Why Do Complaint Posts Get Closed So Early?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_de View Post
I recently joined a Ford forum. Like JeepGarage it is not supported by Ford. It is supported by members and vendors.

Ford has two people assigned to the forum. One to answer question about Ford's version of uConnect. The other intercedes when a member is having a problem getting a dealer to fix something.

I haven't had any problems, but from reading through the posts, these two women are doing a great job.
---
I would like to know if Jeep has any people on the forums here, that would be wonderful and might be able to help out some people to get answers or assist them getting things fixed.

As for closing the threads, I agree with Scott on this. I hate the fact that so many threads are being opened about the same thing, just worded different, and its all the same people basically complaining. It is nothing against the OP on this or his views, everyone has their own opinion. Forums need to be kept moderated so it doesn't get out of hand and it seems that some have. If they do then they get closed or put to flammables area, case closed. Maybe a section in the WK2 should be made for complaints/problems so people know what they are getting into when they go into that area. I just don't like to see people turn on others for having opinions or start the flaming because they are angry at Chrysler/Jeep and take it out on others. Everyone is different and few the problems they have on many factors, but others might not. My small issue might make someone else blow a gasket because of x,y,z reasons.
__________________
1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Silver I6 - Sold
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Black 4.0 I6- Sold
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Max Steel V6 - SOLD

2016 GMC Sierra 1500 Iridium Tungsten - Current
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TSBs to get early 14 up to date? tygate Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 0 10-29-2013 06:34 PM
Minor complaint 2014 (ok, not much of a complaint! lol) StaticFX Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 24 07-18-2013 02:31 PM
where's my sig and why cant i edit old posts? spatial_k Site News, Help, and Feedback 5 04-21-2013 02:43 AM
Sunroof stuck closed - Can I get to it? jwernatl Troubleshooting/Problems 10 03-21-2012 10:58 PM
Today's Posts And Unanswered Posts... Frankie Site News, Help, and Feedback 5 08-23-2010 09:51 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.