Will Jeep still be Jeep - Page 7 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - WK2 -

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #73  
Old 02-18-2014, 02:33 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 95
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1690
LaredoX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setoutguy View Post

Little boy please quote me correctly. The VW and Audi CUVs/SUVs dont outperform it on the road. Only CUVs that outperform it on road again are the X5 and Cayenne. X5 and Cayenne suck off road. Only SUV that outperforms it is the Range Rover Sport Supercharged. A WK2 can run with a regular Range Rover Sport on and off road easily. Sorry the only Mercedes that can keep up with a WK2 is a G wagon off road and on road WK2 has no problem excepting the AMG versions on road. No VW or Cayenne can run with a WK2 offroad. Do you have a DL? I was out late Thurs night Fri morning driving offroad in my WK2 with a the ORAI package and V6 and had no problems crossing acres of fields covered with 18" or more of snow to help a friend check her ewes that were lambing. Not flat fields but the hilly terrain of Northern Fauquier county VA. I also run Blizzaks which kept me going while friends in Chevy2500 4wd with BFG ATs and another in Ford F250 with 4wd and mud terrains were getting stuck. each them had 800+ lbs of weight in the bed. The 4 Runner sucks on road compared to a WK2 and off road it beats you up compared to a WK2. The WK2's select terrain has it all over the 4 Runner unless you really want to rock climb which isnt the WK2s niche.

Driving on road is 98% driver. I put your ass in a current stock Camaro Z28
at Mid Ohio, Road Atlanta, the Glen or Summit Point and I take a bone stock manual trannie 2014 Honda Civic. You get a half lap lead and I lap you in less than 5 laps after I make you mess in your pants.

The Wrangler Unlimited numbnuts is for folks who need the space, 4 doors and require a more hardcore offroad capability. Most folks like me dont need

BTW a Range Rover Sport will push a WK2 offroad not just the LR series. Hell a Range Rover autobiography edition will push a Wk2 offroad.
Wow....

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #74  
Old 02-18-2014, 02:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 161
Thanks: 5
Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 1968
Tristar is on a distinguished road
Re: Will Jeep still be Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaredoX View Post
Let's see front wheel travel increased over the previous generation. Rear wheel travel stayed the same but switch to a 5 link setup. Engine performance improved. 4 wheel drive improved. It got hill descent and Hill assist.Yeah I'd say it's pretty obvious the WK is the most capable when it comes to trails and over landing. Safe bet you've never driven a WJ or WK.
I think the only safe bet here is that you like to make assumptions, and you really really love your WK. (Well that, and you hate the WK2)

I have owned a WJ, and I have off-roaded in many WKs. Maybe clue other Jeep fans into the obviousness of the WK being superior, because at best your in for one hell of a debate. Keep loving on that WK platform though, your bias is entertaining.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 02-18-2014, 03:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 95
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1690
LaredoX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristar View Post

I think the only safe bet here is that you like to make assumptions, and you really really love your WK. (Well that, and you hate the WK2)

I have owned a WJ, and I have off-roaded in many WKs. Maybe clue other Jeep fans into the obviousness of the WK being superior, because at best your in for one hell of a debate. Keep loving on that WK platform though, your bias is entertaining.
I believe it is you who has made assumptions... I clearly stated the WJ WK as the most capable..never once stated I hate the WK2 in fact I stated it is a beautiful vehicle and would consider one if they ever made a srt8 off-road version as was stated by another member... I just don't appreciate ignorance but I don't consider you or your posts to be ignorant (unlike the member who calls me a little boy or states vehicles are 98% driver ) I see your posts as very emotional and I apologize if i hit a soft spot for you... I simply posted concrete facts as to why the WK could be superior to the WJ and why both platforms seem to be the most capable. Have a good day!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #76  
Old 02-18-2014, 03:42 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 161
Thanks: 5
Thanked 15 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 1968
Tristar is on a distinguished road
Re: Will Jeep still be Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaredoX View Post
I believe it is you who has made assumptions... I clearly stated the WJ WK as the most capable..never once stated I hate the WK2 in fact I stated it is a beautiful vehicle and would consider one if they ever made a srt8 off-road version as was stated by another member... I just don't appreciate ignorance but I don't consider you or your posts to be ignorant (unlike the member who calls me a little boy or states vehicles are 98% driver ) I see your posts as very emotional and I apologize if i hit a soft spot for you... I simply posted concrete facts as to why the WK could be superior to the WJ and why both platforms seem to be the most capable. Have a good day!
Very emotional? You slammed the WK2 for not being good at anything, assumed I have never driven a WJ or WK, assumed I thought the WK2 was better offroad than the WK, and hedged on your claim the WK is the most capable GC offroad. I merely challenged or corrected those statements, and that qualifies as very emotional?

Please, by all means, continue with the entertainment.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 02-18-2014, 05:03 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 95
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1690
LaredoX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristar View Post

Very emotional? You slammed the WK2 for not being good at anything, assumed I have never driven a WJ or WK, assumed I thought the WK2 was better offroad than the WK, and hedged on your claim the WK is the most capable GC offroad. I merely challenged or corrected those statements, and that qualifies as very emotional?

Please, by all means, continue with the entertainment.
Show me where I slammed it.... I provided competitors in its class that outperformed it.... I actually stated in a previous post that I didn't mean to slam the WK2... You should go take some deep breaths man and come back in a little while when you're feeling a little more objective lol
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 02-18-2014, 05:07 PM
bill_de's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2017 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,659
Thanks: 742
Thanked 1,091 Times in 849 Posts
Rep Power: 1806085
bill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond reputebill_de has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Jeep still be Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaredoX View Post
Show me where I slammed it.... I provided competitors in its class that outperformed it.... I actually stated in a previous post that I didn't mean to slam the WK2... You should go take some deep breaths man and come back in a little while when you're feeling a little more objective lol
Do you read what you write? You obviously slammed it somewhere, or you wouldn't say that you didn't mean to do it.

I love it when humor replaces logic.



---
__________________
If you need a shoulder to cry on ...
... pull over to the side of the road!

Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 02-18-2014, 05:26 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 95
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1690
LaredoX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_de View Post

Do you read what you write? You obviously slammed it somewhere, or you wouldn't say that you didn't mean to do it.

I love it when humor replaces logic .

---
Did you really just post that? I stated I don't mean to slam WK2 indicating that my intention was not to slam it and I stated that so some ignorant member wouldn't say that I'm trying to slam the WK2... Geez you've really shown your ability to have an intelligent objective conversation Thank you for taking this thread into the wrong direction....
Anyways for the rest of the objective members on here I would like to see the Grand Cherokee be the leader in its class because I know it is simply not profitable for it to return to its roots so how do you guys think Jeep can accomplish that?
One member stated an off-road SRT8 version which I would agree with 100%.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 02-18-2014, 05:31 PM
Strongjeff's Avatar
Project Six Shooter V2 / ROUSH Prototype Tech

My Jeep: 2008 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Woodhaven, MI
Posts: 9,042
Thanks: 420
Thanked 667 Times in 598 Posts
Rep Power: 340263
Strongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: Will Jeep still be Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setoutguy View Post
Little boy pick any SUV and come play with me on the twisties even Range Rover Sport Supercharged and we see who can keep up with my V6 WK2. WK2 is better than a Tahoe or Surburban in the twisties. It is better balanced than Expedition or that FWD based POS Explorer when pushed in the twisties.
With equal drivers a Range RoveR Supercharged will smoke it but the normally aspirated Sport, Range Rover, LR4 and Evoque will have to work hard to keep up with WK2 with a V6. 4 Runner cant compete and neither can anything from Lexus in the twisties. Cayenne and X5 will run away from a WK2 but they are really CUVs since they have little real offroad capability. Various Qs and Vdub Cuvs arent any competition. Have you ever driven a WK2? Chased apexes with one. The V6 WK2 is the best balanced of the line.
Ill put my wk1 v6 4x2 up with you on the twisties. Youll be seeng my taillights. My buddy with a mazda 3gt cant hang on the twisties.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 02-18-2014, 07:46 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 611
Thanks: 2
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Rep Power: 16624
DirtyDuc83 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyDuc83 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyDuc83 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyDuc83 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyDuc83 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyDuc83 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyDuc83 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyDuc83 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyDuc83 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyDuc83 has a reputation beyond reputeDirtyDuc83 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will Jeep still be Jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setoutguy View Post
Little boy please quote me correctly. The VW and Audi CUVs/SUVs dont outperform it on the road. Only CUVs that outperform it on road again are the X5 and Cayenne. X5 and Cayenne suck off road. Only SUV that outperforms it is the Range Rover Sport Supercharged. A WK2 can run with a regular Range Rover Sport on and off road easily. Sorry the only Mercedes that can keep up with a WK2 is a G wagon off road and on road WK2 has no problem excepting the AMG versions on road. No VW or Cayenne can run with a WK2 offroad. Do you have a DL? I was out late Thurs night Fri morning driving offroad in my WK2 with a the ORAI package and V6 and had no problems crossing acres of fields covered with 18" or more of snow to help a friend check her ewes that were lambing. Not flat fields but the hilly terrain of Northern Fauquier county VA. I also run Blizzaks which kept me going while friends in Chevy2500 4wd with BFG ATs and another in Ford F250 with 4wd and mud terrains were getting stuck. each them had 800+ lbs of weight in the bed. The 4 Runner sucks on road compared to a WK2 and off road it beats you up compared to a WK2. The WK2's select terrain has it all over the 4 Runner unless you really want to rock climb which isnt the WK2s niche.

Driving on road is 98% driver. I put your ass in a current stock Camaro Z28
at Mid Ohio, Road Atlanta, the Glen or Summit Point and I take a bone stock manual trannie 2014 Honda Civic. You get a half lap lead and I lap you in less than 5 laps after I make you mess in your pants.

The Wrangler Unlimited numbnuts is for folks who need the space, 4 doors and require a more hardcore offroad capability. Most folks like me dont need

BTW a Range Rover Sport will push a WK2 offroad not just the LR series. Hell a Range Rover autobiography edition will push a Wk2 offroad.
Lol...someone's panties are in a bunch
__________________
2012 Stone White Overland Hemi ~ Altitude grill and brow ~ SRT8 reps ~ 275/55/20 Duratracs ~ Mopar pedals ~ SRT8 side lettering ~ 20% tint all around ~ Volant CAI ~ HF Tune
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 02-18-2014, 08:01 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2013 3.0L WK2
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Brisbane Queensland. Australia
Posts: 748
Thanks: 2
Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts
Rep Power: 2496
fwdjeep is on a distinguished road
The Jeep has NOT been a real Jeep since the end of WW2 and when willies civilianised it from then on its not been areal jeep
__________________
fwdjeep
Brisbane Queensland Australia
Jeep Grand Cherokee - Bright Silver - Limited
Quatra air Lift - Adventure Off Road Pack II
Mopar Rock Rails
Cheif Front Recovery hook points
"Just need a Bigger Boat"
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 02-18-2014, 08:09 PM
Strongjeff's Avatar
Project Six Shooter V2 / ROUSH Prototype Tech

My Jeep: 2008 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Woodhaven, MI
Posts: 9,042
Thanks: 420
Thanked 667 Times in 598 Posts
Rep Power: 340263
Strongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond reputeStrongjeff has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaredoX View Post

Did you really just post that? I stated I don't mean to slam WK2 indicating that my intention was not to slam it and I stated that so some ignorant member wouldn't say that I'm trying to slam the WK2... Geez you've really shown your ability to have an intelligent objective conversation Thank you for taking this thread into the wrong direction....
Anyways for the rest of the objective members on here I would like to see the Grand Cherokee be the leader in its class because I know it is simply not profitable for it to return to its roots so how do you guys think Jeep can accomplish that?
One member stated an off-road SRT8 version which I would agree with 100%.
Kinda like when they made the ram runner kits to compete with the raptor?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 02-18-2014, 09:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 151
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Rep Power: 1663
2zero12wk2 is on a distinguished road
Re: Will Jeep still be Jeep

Funny I keep reading Jeep/Chrysler is making money.
Yet they keep sticking out there hand asking for money from tax payers.

I live in Canada and they want money from the government to build in our area.

Come on Fiat, stand on your own!


Chrysler bellies back up to the corporate welfare trough | Troy Media
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
jeep

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
04 jeep grand cherokee security won't let me start jeep with spare key dirdeecurtee Troubleshooting/Problems Discussion 2 05-30-2013 09:14 PM
Welcome to JeepGarage.Org's EXCLUSIVE Jeep Vehicle dealer...Fields Jeep! Scottina06 Site News, Help, and Feedback 9 02-12-2012 07:01 PM
2011 Grand Cherokee/jeep future info on CNBC-Jeep ceo Scottina06 Grand Cherokee - WK2 - 6 04-01-2010 05:45 PM

» Premium Vendor Showcase
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.