Re: 2014 Grand Cherokee automatic high beams
from pg. 166 of the owners manual:
Automatic High Beam — If Equipped
The automatic high beam system provides increased
forward lighting at night by automating high beam
control through the use of a digital camera mounted on
the inside rearview mirror. This camera detects vehicle
specific light and automatically switches from high
beams to low beams until the approaching vehicle is out
• If the windshield or automatic high beam mirror is
replaced, the automatic high beam mirror must be
re-aimed to ensure proper performance. See your local
• Broken, muddy, or obstructed headlights and taillights
of vehicles in the field of view will cause headlights to
remain on longer (closer to the vehicle). Also, dirt, film,
and other obstructions (sticker, toll box, etc.) on the
windshield or camera lens will cause the system to
1. Enable the Automatic High Beams through the
Uconnect® system screen. Refer to “Customer- Programmable
Features — Uconnect® Access 8.4 Settings
” in “Understanding Your Instrument Panel” for further
2. Turn the headlight switch to the AUTO headlight
3. Push the multifunction lever away from you (toward
front of vehicle) to engage the high beam mode.
NOTE: This system will not activate until the vehicle is
at or above 20 mph (32 km/h).
1. Pull the multifunction lever toward you (or rearward
in car) to manually deactivate the system (normal
operation of low beams).
2. Push back on the multifunction lever once again to
reactivate the system.