It took me about 1 hour 45 minutes to complete, but 15 minutes of it was just washing my hands and arms and stuff when I was done.
I got the goods from Just4Jeeps.com:
Shipping was free (orders > $99).
SRT Bar - 52124303AA ($94.90)
Bracket - 52090271AB ($12.56) You need 2.
Bushing - 52124302AA ($13.36) You need 2.
As someone already mentioned, the job will go MUCH smoother if you have an 18mm, ratcheting, box-end wrench. I don't have one, and they're like $25 at Lowe's. That cuts into my beer money
so I did it the hard way.
I started on the left (Driver's side). There's not much room to work. Not enough so I could get a deep-well socket over the bolt to the 18mm nut. There's a lot of room on the right, comparatively.
I couldn't get enough leverage on the wrench, and it didn't have enough room to put a bar on it, so I ended up taking off the sway bar links.
Once they were disconnected, I could had enough room to get the links off the sway bar. With the bar disconnected, I was able to remove the bushings (16mm socket). It was kind of a bugger getting them off the bar. I tried leaving them on, but I couldn't get it out. It kept getting caught up on stuff. I used a chisel and wedged it down both sides, between the bushing and bracket. They eventually gave in, and I won.
All that was the easy part. With the links and bushings out of the way, I was free to remove the sway bar.
The hard part was figuring how to get the darn bar out! I tried wrestling it out from left to right (driver to passenger) and vice versa. After 15-20 minutes I got it out on the driver's side. Getting the new one in wasn't much better! I worked in the same direction (right to left). It kept getting hung up on different things under the Jeep.
When I finally got it in, I started putting it all back together. As someone already mentioned, it's SUPER easy to get the bolts cross threaded!! I tightened them by hand *as much as I could* (probably 5/8 to 6/8 of an inch). I tightened the 18mm nut connecting the sway bar to the arm first. I kept things fairly loose, so I could move stuff around or move it into place. I did the same on the right. When the sway and the links were together, I worked on the bushings. I suppose there are a number of ways to actually get the bushings into the bracket. I probably did it the hard way. I usually do....
I put the bushings on the bar and got them close to where they needed to be. Then I put the bracket on as far as I could (which wasn't too far). I put the bolts through the holes and pushed the as close as I could to their respective holes and started tightening, BY HAND, until I was sure they weren't cross-threaded and had a good amount of the threads buried. I did the same on the right. That was all there was to it.
The picture is the old and the new bar, side-by-side.
I had some other pix to upload, but only one loads...