Hi all..I'm new to forum and have done extensive searching to find related threads and solutions. Here's the skinny:
1. Replaced stock base radio in 2010 Wrangler with REN purchased on eBay
2. REN came from 2009 Dodge RAM - Checked and its compatible with the Wrangler
3. REN came with proper uConnect module and iPod wiring harnesses.
4. I installed and radio and it worked no problem.
5. Took to dealer for Starscan. They updated software and they say the radio is recognized OK but handsfree and bluetooth doesn't work.
6. Message on display "Not equipped with uConnect"
I checked and rechecked wiring and all is good. I think this was the dealer's first attempt at a MyGig Starscan and they may have missed something.
Anyone experience similar problems and have you resolved them? Any instructions I should be sharing with the dealer?
The dealer has to update the vehicle in the chrysler system. Then the vehicle needs to be reconfigured. Additionally, make sure that you have the u-connect MODULE in the car (should be behind the glovebox door), and that you have the microphone as well.