Controle arms bracket . - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Grand Cherokee - ZJ

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 07-21-2016, 10:47 PM
Chasenichols707's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 1998 5.2L ZJ
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: California
Posts: 7
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 195
Chasenichols707 is on a distinguished road
Controle arms bracket .

Hey fokes sorry I just bought this jeep I was under it today tightening everything and I noticed that the bracket to the control arm that is on the frame welding broke someone did a horrible tack weld job I'm wondering if there are new backings I can buy that can be bolted or if I should keep it welded?? Any suggestions and knowledge could really be helpful thanks .

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 07-22-2016, 12:16 AM
Governor's Avatar
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2011 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Alabama
Posts: 1,608
Thanks: 627
Thanked 278 Times in 261 Posts
Rep Power: 79416
Governor has a reputation beyond reputeGovernor has a reputation beyond reputeGovernor has a reputation beyond reputeGovernor has a reputation beyond reputeGovernor has a reputation beyond reputeGovernor has a reputation beyond reputeGovernor has a reputation beyond reputeGovernor has a reputation beyond reputeGovernor has a reputation beyond reputeGovernor has a reputation beyond reputeGovernor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Controle arms bracket .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasenichols707 View Post
Hey fokes sorry I just bought this jeep I was under it today tightening everything and I noticed that the bracket to the control arm that is on the frame welding broke someone did a horrible tack weld job I'm wondering if there are new backings I can buy that can be bolted or if I should keep it welded?? Any suggestions and knowledge could really be helpful thanks .
Pictures would be helpful but you may have to get your post count up before you can add pictures. Front or rear?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-22-2016, 02:32 AM
Chasenichols707's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 1998 5.2L ZJ
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: California
Posts: 7
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 195
Chasenichols707 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Governor View Post

Pictures would be helpful but you may have to get your post count up before you can add pictures. Front or rear?
So thanks for your reply im.new to this forum so I don't have to much of an idea how to navigate around this site to well.. so from the looks of it looks like he was cross flexing it and broke the weldings on the front right rear bracket and then the driver side rear end bracket if I could post pictures I would sorry thanks for the imput.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-22-2016, 02:54 AM
Member
My Jeep: 1999 4.7L WJ
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 25
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 896
SoMPLSBoy is on a distinguished road
Re: Controle arms bracket .

Greetings
I could 'feel' your distress as you wrote about that 'finding'. Worth getting things right as it's a major safety issue too. Seems the OEM brackets are a little underdone, but refined aftermarket one may put your mind at rest.

Had just visited this site a few days ago so it might be a resource in developing a satisfactory correction to the issue. Best of luck and keep us all apprised as to what you did. Note: You'll need to source a good welder!
Dana 30â„¢ HD Lower Control Arm Brackets (pair)
(artec industries)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SoMPLSBoy For This Useful Post:
  #5  
Old 07-22-2016, 02:38 PM
Chasenichols707's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 1998 5.2L ZJ
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: California
Posts: 7
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 195
Chasenichols707 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMPLSBoy View Post
Greetings
I could 'feel' your distress as you wrote about that 'finding'. Worth getting things right as it's a major safety issue too. Seems the OEM brackets are a little underdone, but refined aftermarket one may put your mind at rest.

Had just visited this site a few days ago so it might be a resource in developing a satisfactory correction to the issue. Best of luck and keep us all apprised as to what you did. Note: You'll need to source a good welder!
Dana 30â„¢ HD Lower Control Arm Brackets (pair)
(artec industries)
Thanks for the help I'm going to get a set of these and give it a shot I just gotta find a person who can do a solid weld I use it as a daily driver with my family as well so safety is a major importance to me. So all the imput or ideas are always appreciated. Thanks again well as soon as I can post pictures I will show you guys the horrible job they did on the weldings brackets ..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
rro control arms or jba control arms inferno red wk Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires 1 10-18-2013 01:08 AM
CUSTOM UPPER CONTROL ARMS 4 SRT8s muellge Suspension/Driveline/Brakes 54 05-29-2012 10:36 AM
Cheapest place to buy rear lower control arms? cheapjeep Troubleshooting/Problems 2 03-06-2011 06:40 PM
Upper a-arms for lowered jeeps lineman Performance Modifications 14 01-08-2011 03:39 PM
New Option for Upper A-Arms for our WK's 05WKinPA Off Road Modifications 52 12-27-2010 08:55 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.