Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Modifications & Enhancements > Detailing

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #13  
Old 07-28-2010, 09:47 AM
NHWK05's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2005 4.7L WK
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Hooksett, NH
Posts: 5,108
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Rep Power: 94546
NHWK05 has a reputation beyond reputeNHWK05 has a reputation beyond reputeNHWK05 has a reputation beyond reputeNHWK05 has a reputation beyond reputeNHWK05 has a reputation beyond reputeNHWK05 has a reputation beyond reputeNHWK05 has a reputation beyond reputeNHWK05 has a reputation beyond reputeNHWK05 has a reputation beyond reputeNHWK05 has a reputation beyond reputeNHWK05 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Water Damage by Hurricane Alex

I worked for SERVPRO fire, water and mold cleanup and restoration.

If you acted within 2 days of the damage there will be no mold.

What you need to do is remove the seats and all the lower trim.

100% remove the carpet. Dry the floor and clean it like sated above. Unplug any connection and make sure they are dry and re pack plugs with dielectric grease.

Go back to the carpet. There will be a multi colored pad glued to the bottom. Its called JUTE. You must remove all of this and dispose of it. IT WILL NEVER DRY IT WILL MOLD.

Clean the carpet with a mild soap and water mix and i generally use a pressure washer on a medium to light setting. let dry.

Once removed you can get new jute at any upholstery shop or in the carpet section of home depot. Buy enough to replace everything you removed. Once the carpet is clean and dry flip the carpet upside down and using 3m adhesive glue on new jute.

Or you can find auto upholstery shops that can buy you a 100% new carpet or a salvage yard or online store that sells FACTORY MOLDED Carpet.
__________________

__________________
-Kyle '05 Dark Khaki (PJT) WK Limited 4.7L V8, '08 Overland Front End, Custom Exhaust, 245/70/17 GY Silent Armors, Bilstein 4600s, K40 Calibre DL Radar Detector/Laser Diffuser, CB.
Wife's Jeep: '06 Jeep Liberty KJ 4x4 2.8L CRD Diesel
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-28-2010, 09:56 AM
DJ BoNiOmArIo's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2006 3.7L WK
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Lone Star State
Posts: 10,324
Thanks: 5
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 12305
DJ BoNiOmArIo has a reputation beyond reputeDJ BoNiOmArIo has a reputation beyond reputeDJ BoNiOmArIo has a reputation beyond reputeDJ BoNiOmArIo has a reputation beyond reputeDJ BoNiOmArIo has a reputation beyond reputeDJ BoNiOmArIo has a reputation beyond reputeDJ BoNiOmArIo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Water Damage by Hurricane Alex

good to know you got it all for free and sorted out did u pimp out the interior?
__________________

__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-28-2010, 09:59 AM
White Chocolate's Avatar
Senior Member
My Jeep: 2005 5.7L WK
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 8,336
Thanks: 8
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 0
White Chocolate is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Water Damage by Hurricane Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHWK05 View Post
I worked for SERVPRO fire, water and mold cleanup and restoration.

If you acted within 2 days of the damage there will be no mold.

What you need to do is remove the seats and all the lower trim.

100% remove the carpet. Dry the floor and clean it like sated above. Unplug any connection and make sure they are dry and re pack plugs with dielectric grease.

Go back to the carpet. There will be a multi colored pad glued to the bottom. Its called JUTE. You must remove all of this and dispose of it. IT WILL NEVER DRY IT WILL MOLD.

Clean the carpet with a mild soap and water mix and i generally use a pressure washer on a medium to light setting. let dry.

Once removed you can get new jute at any upholstery shop or in the carpet section of home depot. Buy enough to replace everything you removed. Once the carpet is clean and dry flip the carpet upside down and using 3m adhesive glue on new jute.

Or you can find auto upholstery shops that can buy you a 100% new carpet or a salvage yard or online store that sells FACTORY MOLDED Carpet.
Ughhh thats a lot of work LOL...Id just run the jeep of a cliff and phone the insurance company... "Ummm my vehicle has been stolen"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 07-28-2010, 10:54 AM
CherokeeOnToyos's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2002 4.7 HO WJ
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas MX
Posts: 330
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1874
CherokeeOnToyos is on a distinguished road
Re: Water Damage by Hurricane Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHWK05 View Post
I worked for SERVPRO fire, water and mold cleanup and restoration.

If you acted within 2 days of the damage there will be no mold.

What you need to do is remove the seats and all the lower trim.

100% remove the carpet. Dry the floor and clean it like sated above. Unplug any connection and make sure they are dry and re pack plugs with dielectric grease.

Go back to the carpet. There will be a multi colored pad glued to the bottom. Its called JUTE. You must remove all of this and dispose of it. IT WILL NEVER DRY IT WILL MOLD.

Clean the carpet with a mild soap and water mix and i generally use a pressure washer on a medium to light setting. let dry.

Once removed you can get new jute at any upholstery shop or in the carpet section of home depot. Buy enough to replace everything you removed. Once the carpet is clean and dry flip the carpet upside down and using 3m adhesive glue on new jute.

Or you can find auto upholstery shops that can buy you a 100% new carpet or a salvage yard or online store that sells FACTORY MOLDED Carpet.
Good info, Tank you LoL...Yea it got taken care of on like the 2nd or 3rd day i believe, the guy I took it to has his own shop so hopefully he knew what he was doing and its been almost a month with no bad odor or damp carpeting. He did remove the seats to replace 100% of the carpet and checked out the motors and electrical stuff under the seats and everything was in working condition. I was also surprised to find out that the OEM infinity Amp for the speakers wasent damaged either Good for me I think the guy owed my dad a favor but im glad it got taken care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boniomario View Post
good to know you got it all for free and sorted out did u pimp out the interior?
No pimped out interior :/ HaHa but for free, I couldnt ask for more...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KlutcH View Post
Ughhh thats a lot of work LOL...Id just run the jeep of a cliff and phone the insurance company... "Ummm my vehicle has been stolen"
I was contemplating this, glad I didnt have to go through with it haha. Im not a good liar and probably would have gotten caught with my luck LoL
__________________

__________________
.:.:.MaRco.:.:.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Inferno Red 4.7L H.O V8, K&N 57 Series FIPK CAI, Flowmaster 40 Series, Black GenIII Projector Headlights & Fog Lights, Black 17'' JK Moab Wheels, 5000K HID High, Low, Fog lights, 5000k V-LEDS Switchbacks, LED Taillights, V-Star LED Reverse Lights, Full LED Interior, Toyo Open Country M/T Tires, 4in Lift, 5% Tint all around.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sun damage? brooke Troubleshooting/Problems 18 02-22-2010 09:12 AM
$6200 damage pkang21 Grand Cherokee - WK 12 12-09-2009 05:39 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community