First off, sorry its not a Jeep but what the heck its still a detail!
A few weeks ago my dad asked me to wash his truck - Mercedes ML320 - so after the Jeep I dived in. Just a quick wash, nothing more but when it was done I decided I'm going to go all out on it...
The paint has swirls, holograms everywhere and is a little rough to the touch. But since Merc's have a very hard clear coat I'm going to leave this until next year when I get a rotary + training. Don't think I'd feel my hands again if I used the PC!!
So I'm just doing little bits at a time. First up was the wheels...
I tried a few different Vikan wheel brushes, Bilberry 4:1 whist fitted and they didn't even touch the dust. So last Saturday we removed the wheels to clean and seal 'em and get some paint the calipers.
Here are a couple of pics showing the condition of the rims:
Don't look that
bad right? Well, gave the wheel a quick blast to remove the loose dirt and cracked on with some neat Bromoco (a safe non-acidic cleaner).
Left it on for 10 mins, scrubbed, left for 10 more mins and rinsed. This removed the top layer but uncovered more dirt.
So I had another go with the Bromoco as above and it really didn't do anything. I tried Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover, but this only got rid of the tar spots - out with wheel brightener then...
This done the job but it took a lot of scrubbing and had to be used neat - whatever was on these wheels didn't want to shift!
Here's some pics after two coats of neat Bromoco - a bit rubbish!
And after neat Meguairs Wheel Brightner:
Result! However, it wasn't easy going. I did try cleaning the inner spokes but it was just as hard as the rest of the wheel so I gave them a quick scrub and left it - you can't see that when its fitted anyways.
Then I applied Megs Super Degreaser (4:1) to the sidewalls, dried of the wheel and then applied a coat of AG SRP followed by Z-CS to seal. Sidewalls were then dressed with Zaino Z-16.
So this is the end result fitted to the car, look so much better!
Pity it took us 7 hours though!
So after that I done the engine bay.
Products/Steps used: Rinse, Megs Super Degreaser (4:1), various brushes, rinse, dry off, Applied SRP to paintwork, Meg's Hyper Dressing (4:1) to engine plastics.
Next up is an interior cleanup and seal the paintwork for Winter.
Thanks for reading and comments are welcome as always!