Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1213  
Old 06-29-2014, 07:56 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2004 4.0L TJ
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 1514
CrazyCarNut is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Wrangler Information Thread

I just don't understand why they won't offer the Saddle interior on the X/Hard Rock. Who wants BLACK leather on an open top convertible vehicle in hot climates like FL/TX/AZ etc? Also it makes no sense that I can get it on lesser models (regular Rubicon or Sahara) but if I spend MORE and get the top model I can't get what I want. How come the order guide shows it as being available?

I am so torn as to what to do. Maybe just get a regular Rubicon with the saddle and get the X/HRE hood aftermarket and paint it, build up the Jeep with AEV bumpers/wheels. Or get the HRE and just change out the seat covers. It shouldn't be this hard though and it's the same reason I didn't buy a 2014 due to color/options limitations...at least Hydro Blue is available on the Rubicon this year.
__________________

__________________
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Hemi 4x4
2006 Pontiac Solstice 5-speed First 1000 Edition
2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 5-spd
1997 Chevrolet Corvette 6-spd
Reply With Quote
  #1214  
Old 06-29-2014, 08:43 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 92
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 889
Tristar is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Wrangler Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCarNut View Post
I just don't understand why they won't offer the Saddle interior on the X/Hard Rock. Who wants BLACK leather on an open top convertible vehicle in hot climates like FL/TX/AZ etc? Also it makes no sense that I can get it on lesser models (regular Rubicon or Sahara) but if I spend MORE and get the top model I can't get what I want. How come the order guide shows it as being available?

I am so torn as to what to do. Maybe just get a regular Rubicon with the saddle and get the X/HRE hood aftermarket and paint it, build up the Jeep with AEV bumpers/wheels. Or get the HRE and just change out the seat covers. It shouldn't be this hard though and it's the same reason I didn't buy a 2014 due to color/options limitations...at least Hydro Blue is available on the Rubicon this year.
Your not the only one having these thoughts. My inability to get he interior I want on a 40k+ wrangler, and the issues I'm going through with service for a 2014 grand Cherokee are making me question a hard rock purchase....
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1215  
Old 06-29-2014, 08:52 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 172
Numbercruncher is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Wrangler Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattOverland View Post
Hydro Blue is still my favorite color, but lots of exciting colors this year. The Yellow, orange and hydro look great! Even Tank looks like it has potential.
Agreed.

NC
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1216  
Old 06-29-2014, 08:55 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 52
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 172
Numbercruncher is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Wrangler Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristar View Post
Your not the only one having these thoughts. My inability to get he interior I want on a 40k+ wrangler, and the issues I'm going through with service for a 2014 grand Cherokee are making me question a hard rock purchase....
What issues with the Grand Cherokee? I won't own another Nissan product as a result of poor reliability on two Frontiers. One a 2005 the other a 2006. The 2006 was a result of a lemon law case on the 2005. It is one thing to have issues with a vehicle and another to even get a dealer to acknowledge there is a problem in the first place. I hope your troubles aren't serious.

But since the JK is a one of a kind vehicle, I can't really buy anything else so I'll just take my chances.

NC
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1217  
Old 06-30-2014, 12:28 AM
Winx's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Vancouver, BC
Posts: 9
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 95
Winx is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Wrangler Information Thread

An inexpensive 2-3" Mopar lift available through dealers will save many new Jeepers lots of time and hassle. Awesome thread, I cannot wait for my 2015 Hydro Blue WW!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1218  
Old 06-30-2014, 06:37 AM
WaltA's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 177
Thanks: 4
Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts
Rep Power: 346
WaltA has a reputation beyond reputeWaltA has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Re: 2015 Wrangler Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristar View Post
Your not the only one having these thoughts. My inability to get he interior I want on a 40k+ wrangler, and the issues I'm going through with service for a 2014 grand Cherokee are making me question a hard rock purchase....
Those in Europe get to choose between a black interior or a red interior (like the 10A) with the X package. And it still comes out of Ohio. Go figure.
__________________
Current Jeep:
2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon X
Previous Jeeps:
1987 Wrangler Laredo
1999 Cherokee Limited (Up Country,Trailer Tow)
Reply With Quote
  #1219  
Old 06-30-2014, 06:45 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 63
Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 208
Rowenb is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Wrangler Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
Those in Europe get to choose between a black interior or a red interior (like the 10A) with the X package. And it still comes out of Ohio. Go figure.

^ this is frustrating


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1220  
Old 06-30-2014, 07:45 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 37
Thanks: 2
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Rep Power: 172
cdwright is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Wrangler Information Thread

They can get diesel engines also, right?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1221  
Old 06-30-2014, 08:22 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Central Coast California
Posts: 84
Thanks: 10
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 229
ScarletVarlet is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Wrangler Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdwright View Post
They can get diesel engines also, right?
In most countries that ALL they get.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1222  
Old 06-30-2014, 11:12 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 10
Thanks: 7
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 124
firemedic1343 is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Wrangler Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winx View Post
An inexpensive 2-3" Mopar lift available through dealers will save many new Jeepers lots of time and hassle. Awesome thread, I cannot wait for my 2015 Hydro Blue WW!
It usually costs much more than doing it yourself. And installing it yourself will make it easier to troubleshoot in a pinch.

But if the price is right, I wouldn't mind saving some time by paying.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1223  
Old 06-30-2014, 12:32 PM
RECDOG's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 297
Thanks: 11
Thanked 14 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 1445
RECDOG is on a distinguished road
Re: 2015 Wrangler Information Thread

Wll Tank be avail. In Hard Rock edition...

I hated it two days ago...now after looking at it........ :l
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #1224  
Old 06-30-2014, 06:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 7 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 162
soldier82boy has a reputation beyond reputesoldier82boy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2015 Wrangler Information Thread

Finally got my VON from the dealer, but I called to check on the order and they say they don't have any information on my order number yet? I ordered on 6/11 and the dealer has had the VON for at least a week now but they kept forgetting to send it to me. Does this sound right?
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
wrangler, 2015

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community