2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread - Page 134 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1597  
Old 07-18-2014, 04:42 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Glenview, IL
Posts: 652
Thanks: 19
Thanked 411 Times in 175 Posts
Rep Power: 292332
Pat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Hard rock comes standard with premium soft top. As stated more cloth like material, more dust/dirt resilient and shouldn't fade like the more vinyl soft top.

__________________
------------------------
Patrick O'Donnell(pat@fieldsauto)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
2800 Patriot blvd
Glenview, IL, 60026
847-446-5100 main
pat@fieldsauto.com
www.fieldschryslerjeepdodge.com
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #1598  
Old 07-18-2014, 04:44 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 63
Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1018
Rowenb is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Awesome, thanks for that info guys!


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #1599  
Old 07-18-2014, 04:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: WA
Posts: 94
Thanks: 27
Thanked 32 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 1063
hkryan has disabled reputation
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

The premium soft top is the default for the Hard Rock. You just need to decide if you'd prefer a hard top, soft top or both. If you think might want both someday get them both now. If I remember correctly, adding a hard top later is more difficult because the wiper and washer connections aren't on your Jeep unless it comes with a hard top from the factory.
Reply With Quote
  #1600  
Old 07-18-2014, 05:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 63
Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1018
Rowenb is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkryan View Post
The premium soft top is the default for the Hard Rock. You just need to decide if you'd prefer a hard top, soft top or both. If you think might want both someday get them both now. If I remember correctly, adding a hard top later is more difficult because the wiper and washer connections aren't on your Jeep unless it comes with a hard top from the factory.

Those of you who have both, which do you prefer? I figured the hassle of switching the hard top on/off and storing it might away me to just go with the premium as it comes standard. My climate varies greatly, temp not as much a concern as leaking.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #1601  
Old 07-18-2014, 06:29 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2004 4.0L TJ
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 2324
CrazyCarNut is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

The problem with deciding on the tops is the same as the interior...Jeep just won't let you get what you want. I want the Saddle interior on the Hard Rock, but no, that is only available on the "lesser" regular Rubicon or Sahara. I want the soft top only (because I live in Florida and normally would never have the top on/up) but I want the painted fenders and you can only get that with the painted hard top which means I have to get the dual top and painted top options just to get the painted fenders...

Same problem I had with my '14 Grand Cherokee. I wanted the True Blue exterior and the Indigo Blue/Jeep Brown interior...but those aren't available on the MORE EXPENSIVE Summit. Yet I wanted the Summit for the better H/K sound system and adaptive headlights. In the case of the GC I settled for the Overland (which I actually like the looks of the exterior better anyway) to get the colors I wanted but sacrificed the sound system and headlights.

Seems like if I'm willing to spend the money for the top trim/models then I should have the most choices on those levels, not less choices...c'mon Jeep, your packaging is terrible!
__________________
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Hemi 4x4
2006 Pontiac Solstice 5-speed First 1000 Edition
2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 5-spd
1997 Chevrolet Corvette 6-spd
Reply With Quote
  #1602  
Old 07-18-2014, 09:15 PM
DBoenz927's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 32
Thanks: 4
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Rep Power: 909
DBoenz927 is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Ordered Sahara in Anvil on Monday. Is the subwoofer really in the floor? I am still on the fence with that, but it doesn't really matter since I cannot wait to have another wrangler.
Reply With Quote
  #1603  
Old 07-18-2014, 10:58 PM
Member
My Jeep: 1981 4.2L CJ
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 41
Thanks: 8
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 989
cjdoors is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat@FieldsAuto View Post
Hard rock comes standard with premium soft top. As stated more cloth like material, more dust/dirt resilient and shouldn't fade like the more vinyl soft top.
I should know this as I got the dual top already but which soft top comes with dual top? Premium or regular?

I had the dual top on my '09 and basically never ever used the hard top but wanted the painted flares on my hardrock so dual top it was. Plus it seems most jeep newbies want a hard top even in so cal so for resale I'll put my painted 2015 hardtop in the same hoist I stored my '09 for 5 years...


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #1604  
Old 07-18-2014, 11:54 PM
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 122
Thanks: 82
Thanked 56 Times in 27 Posts
Rep Power: 1042
TroutDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeTroutDaddy has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

pretty sure the dual top group comes with the premium soft top, but not 100% sure.
Reply With Quote
  #1605  
Old 07-19-2014, 06:44 AM
joeyo's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 200
Thanks: 22
Thanked 56 Times in 38 Posts
Rep Power: 2188
joeyo has a reputation beyond reputejoeyo has a reputation beyond reputejoeyo has a reputation beyond reputejoeyo has a reputation beyond reputejoeyo has a reputation beyond reputejoeyo has a reputation beyond reputejoeyo has a reputation beyond reputejoeyo has a reputation beyond reputejoeyo has a reputation beyond reputejoeyo has a reputation beyond reputejoeyo has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdoors View Post
I should know this as I got the dual top already but which soft top comes with dual top? Premium or regular?

I had the dual top on my '09 and basically never ever used the hard top but wanted the painted flares on my hardrock so dual top it was. Plus it seems most jeep newbies want a hard top even in so cal so for resale I'll put my painted 2015 hardtop in the same hoist I stored my '09 for 5 years...


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

Dual top includes premium soft top.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
__________________
2014 JKU Sport S
2012 WK2 Limited
Reply With Quote
  #1606  
Old 07-19-2014, 01:07 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Glenview, IL
Posts: 652
Thanks: 19
Thanked 411 Times in 175 Posts
Rep Power: 292332
Pat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Dual Top Group (AEM)
Details:
• Freedom Panel Storage Bag (CS2)
• Rear Window Defroster (GFA)
• Rear Window Wiper/Washer (JHB)
• Black 3-Piece Hard Top (MX3)
• Premium Black Sunrider Soft Top (MX5)
• Delete Sunrider Soft Top (MX9)
__________________
------------------------
Patrick O'Donnell(pat@fieldsauto)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
2800 Patriot blvd
Glenview, IL, 60026
847-446-5100 main
pat@fieldsauto.com
www.fieldschryslerjeepdodge.com
Reply With Quote
  #1607  
Old 07-19-2014, 01:21 PM
OB Mike's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 63
Thanks: 11
Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts
Rep Power: 1005
OB Mike has a reputation beyond reputeOB Mike has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

"Preparing for shipping"
I think I just peed myself a lil bit!
__________________
2015 JKRU 24R Hydro, auto, 4:10, Alpine, black hardtop, 430N, Connectivity, AC temp controls, 4.5" RE lift & 37's, ADDING SOON Smittybilt Gen 2 bumpers, Lockpick, rear camera, Truck-lite LEDs, D2 driving & hyperspot, & Borla Cat-backs going in ASAP.
Reply With Quote
  #1608  
Old 07-19-2014, 01:22 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Glenview, IL
Posts: 652
Thanks: 19
Thanked 411 Times in 175 Posts
Rep Power: 292332
Pat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCarNut View Post
The problem with deciding on the tops is the same as the interior...Jeep just won't let you get what you want. I want the Saddle interior on the Hard Rock, but no, that is only available on the "lesser" regular Rubicon or Sahara. I want the soft top only (because I live in Florida and normally would never have the top on/up) but I want the painted fenders and you can only get that with the painted hard top which means I have to get the dual top and painted top options just to get the painted fenders...

Same problem I had with my '14 Grand Cherokee. I wanted the True Blue exterior and the Indigo Blue/Jeep Brown interior...but those aren't available on the MORE EXPENSIVE Summit. Yet I wanted the Summit for the better H/K sound system and adaptive headlights. In the case of the GC I settled for the Overland (which I actually like the looks of the exterior better anyway) to get the colors I wanted but sacrificed the sound system and headlights.

Seems like if I'm willing to spend the money for the top trim/models then I should have the most choices on those levels, not less choices...c'mon Jeep, your packaging is terrible!
Indigo Blue is the hottest/sexiest interior on the GC.
__________________
------------------------
Patrick O'Donnell(pat@fieldsauto)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
2800 Patriot blvd
Glenview, IL, 60026
847-446-5100 main
pat@fieldsauto.com
www.fieldschryslerjeepdodge.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
wrangler, 2015

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.