2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread - Page 268 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #3205  
Old 08-19-2014, 10:07 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Glenview, IL
Posts: 652
Thanks: 19
Thanked 411 Times in 175 Posts
Rep Power: 292336
Pat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpm86 View Post
Pat, having seen it in person (I assume), what's your take on it? How representative are the euro-brochure image and the pic Milous posted back on pg 242?

Separate item, I ordered without the connectivity group. If you'll confirm that I'll still be able to view individual tire pressures without the EVIC upgrade, you'll help me sleep more soundly.

Thanks,
V

All I can say is it pops, it's bright. You do need connectivity to view individual tire pressure.

__________________
------------------------
Patrick O'Donnell(pat@fieldsauto)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
2800 Patriot blvd
Glenview, IL, 60026
847-446-5100 main
pat@fieldsauto.com
www.fieldschryslerjeepdodge.com
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pat@PalmenMotors For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #3206  
Old 08-19-2014, 10:21 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 97
Thanks: 60
Thanked 27 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 1057
vpm86 is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat@FieldsAuto View Post
All I can say is it pops, it's bright. You do need connectivity to view individual tire pressure.
LOL. I'm still waiting for that first person to say something actually positive, like "it's excellent!" So far, it has all been, "You'll definitely notice it." You could say the same about week-old sushi, you know?

I guess $441 will buy a lot of pressure gauges.

Thanks, Pat, I do appreciate it.
V
Reply With Quote
  #3207  
Old 08-19-2014, 10:34 AM
Hitchhiking
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 19
Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 0
OranjeMan has a reputation beyond reputeOranjeMan has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

TPMS is a federal law and is for people who don't pay attention to their vehicles. I turned mine off because when I go off road, they go off, when I do a 5 tire rotation, it goes off. People who own modified jeeps and high performance cars should never need TPMS. It's just a "big brother" thing to help MPGs and accidents from under inflated tires.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OranjeMan For This Useful Post:
  #3208  
Old 08-19-2014, 10:37 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 22
Thanks: 6
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 903
figment490 is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailboss2014 View Post
Had a dealer try to sell me on the mopar unlimited miles unlimited time warranty...anybody have experience with this program? I am considering adding to my 2015 jkhrr?


Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage
I like the Chrysler extended warranty program in general, but don't typically go with the "lifetime" option. The main reason is that it is not transferrable. Depending how long you plan to keep the vehicle, I find going with the 7 year/70,000 mile or similar is a better bet because it is transferrable to the next buyer and will add value to your sale.
Reply With Quote
  #3209  
Old 08-19-2014, 10:42 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Glenview, IL
Posts: 652
Thanks: 19
Thanked 411 Times in 175 Posts
Rep Power: 292336
Pat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpm86 View Post
LOL. I'm still waiting for that first person to say something actually positive, like "it's excellent!" So far, it has all been, "You'll definitely notice it." You could say the same about week-old sushi, you know?

I guess $441 will buy a lot of pressure gauges.

Thanks, Pat, I do appreciate it.
V

I don't like yellow at all, so my opinion should be thrown out. It's definitely better than any of the other yellows from the last 3-5 years.
__________________
------------------------
Patrick O'Donnell(pat@fieldsauto)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
2800 Patriot blvd
Glenview, IL, 60026
847-446-5100 main
pat@fieldsauto.com
www.fieldschryslerjeepdodge.com
Reply With Quote
  #3210  
Old 08-19-2014, 10:45 AM
Hitchhiking
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 19
Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 0
OranjeMan has a reputation beyond reputeOranjeMan has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment490 View Post
I like the Chrysler extended warranty program in general, but don't typically go with the "lifetime" option. The main reason is that it is not transferrable. Depending how long you plan to keep the vehicle, I find going with the 7 year/70,000 mile or similar is a better bet because it is transferrable to the next buyer and will add value to your sale.



Speaking from experience, I wish I had oped out. I have it on my 2009 RAM and just hit 100k. Everything that I took it in for was denied. My seats started cracking, denied. My tail light was leaking and getting water in it, denied. There were a few other things as well, but I can't recall. And it is transferable amongst family member. I hope this helps as drivetrain is really the only covered in a "bumper to bumper" in my experience.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #3211  
Old 08-19-2014, 10:55 AM
Hitchhiking
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Sunny California
Posts: 19
Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Rep Power: 0
OranjeMan has a reputation beyond reputeOranjeMan has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Think of them as a "side bet". In Vegas, you can put a few extra bucks down and if you get 2 queens or something on your first hand, you win a large sum of money. But they are mathematically in the houses favor by A TON. I'm not saying that it's a scam, but IMO save the $1k-$2k and self insure. Just my 2cents


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #3212  
Old 08-19-2014, 10:58 AM
Premium Member
My Jeep: 2015 JK
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Jacksonville Florida
Posts: 54
Thanks: 41
Thanked 19 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 919
deankrug is on a distinguished road
Garage
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Any new Tank Pics out there?



Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #3213  
Old 08-19-2014, 10:58 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 97
Thanks: 60
Thanked 27 Times in 20 Posts
Rep Power: 1057
vpm86 is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OranjeMan View Post
TPMS is a federal law and is for people who don't pay attention to their vehicles. I turned mine off because when I go off road, they go off, when I do a 5 tire rotation, it goes off. People who own modified jeeps and high performance cars should never need TPMS. It's just a "big brother" thing to help MPGs and accidents from under inflated tires.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
I saw the upgraded display when I test-drove the JK and liked it. Makes it easy as two taps of a button to check pressure when getting gas (which I'll be doing more of) and am right where the compressor is. If Oil Level showed up that way, I'd positively frolic.

I mistakenly thought that tire pressure readout was part of the normal instrumentation, but I guess the plain-jane just gives you the dash icon.

Hopefully, my dealer feels like modifying a build. Not the end of the world in any case.

V
Reply With Quote
  #3214  
Old 08-19-2014, 11:18 AM
Astylz's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 97
Thanks: 48
Thanked 11 Times in 8 Posts
Rep Power: 967
Astylz is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by OranjeMan View Post
Speaking from experience, I wish I had oped out. I have it on my 2009 RAM and just hit 100k. Everything that I took it in for was denied. My seats started cracking, denied. My tail light was leaking and getting water in it, denied. There were a few other things as well, but I can't recall. And it is transferable amongst family member. I hope this helps as drivetrain is really the only covered in a "bumper to bumper" in my experience.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

I had the same experience, and will never opt for another one again.. Especially if your planning on Installing aftermarket parts


Sent from my iPad using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #3215  
Old 08-19-2014, 11:20 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 54
Thanks: 106
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Rep Power: 919
MajorWood is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Hey Guys

I'm wrapping up my order for a '15 HR Rubi. I'm getting automatic with 410 gearing. My salesman insist it's no-charge. I know there has been confusion on this subject. Any advice on how to ensure the jeep is built right?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #3216  
Old 08-19-2014, 11:27 AM
Member
My Jeep: 2006 4.7L XK
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 128
Thanks: 22
Thanked 41 Times in 22 Posts
Rep Power: 1014
thedonkeyslayer is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorWood View Post
Hey Guys

I'm wrapping up my order for a '15 HR Rubi. I'm getting automatic with 410 gearing. My salesman insist it's no-charge. I know there has been confusion on this subject. Any advice on how to ensure the jeep is built right?

Thanks!
I'm about to be in this same boat...it's a $495 required option from what I've read (which is BS) and brings the total option price for AUTO on a Rubi up to $1,795 MSRP. IMO it should be included at no charge, since it is standard equipment on the base (manual) model.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
wrangler, 2015

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.