2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread - Page 28 - Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum

Go Back   Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum > Jeep Platform Discussion > Wrangler-YJ, TJ & JK

Join Jeep Garage Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #325  
Old 05-24-2014, 03:58 PM
jlaskin's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2012 3.6L WK2
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 324
Thanks: 170
Thanked 29 Times in 17 Posts
Rep Power: 2188
jlaskin is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Thanks Milous, are you recommending the Duelers for the Rubicon as well? Which size Duratrak or Dueler is available to fit the Rubi rims? Seems the concencus on the forums are recommending the Duratraks for the best compromise to the off road/on road experience.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #326  
Old 05-24-2014, 06:32 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2014 5.7L WK2
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Glenview, IL
Posts: 652
Thanks: 19
Thanked 411 Times in 175 Posts
Rep Power: 292380
Pat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond reputePat@PalmenMotors has a reputation beyond repute
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaskin View Post
Thanks Milous, are you recommending the Duelers for the Rubicon as well? Which size Duratrak or Dueler is available to fit the Rubi rims? Seems the concencus on the forums are recommending the Duratraks for the best compromise to the off road/on road experience.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

That's a picture of the base B or C package Sport black steel wheels with the larger tires for 2015.
__________________
------------------------
Patrick O'Donnell(pat@fieldsauto)
Fields Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
2800 Patriot blvd
Glenview, IL, 60026
847-446-5100 main
pat@fieldsauto.com
www.fieldschryslerjeepdodge.com
Reply With Quote
  #327  
Old 05-24-2014, 08:30 PM
rocklobster's Avatar
Member
My Jeep: 2013 JK
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 10
Thanks: 15
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 1009
rocklobster is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat@FieldsAuto View Post
That's a picture of the base B or C package Sport black steel wheels with the larger tires for 2015.
Hi Pat and all...up here in Canada we get a Jeep ca website which has even LESS information and is even MORE behind that Jeep.com....so this thread is indispensable in knowing more about what is actually available and upcoming...try finding any of the limited edition models like the Willys(which I have seen on the lots but there is zero information on them)...anyway..all that to say I do have a little question...

Pat spoke of base B and C package on the sport model,what do these packages include within the sport model?and are these rims larger or just the tires being fitted to them?

Thanks to all the main contributors for their support and patience when people go WAYYYY off topic lol

Tristan

2013 Rock Lobster Sahara Unlimited (yes its a GREAT colour lol)
1974 Jensen Interceptor
Reply With Quote
  #328  
Old 05-25-2014, 06:52 AM
Super Rookie
My Jeep: 2014 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 1020
snowing is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

The Alpine update with 8 or 9 speakers is interesting. I really wonder what that consists of. It might become a new way to upgrade the old Alpine setup eventually if know what is there. After all, the head unit is still the same one.
Reply With Quote
  #329  
Old 05-25-2014, 09:07 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Grapevine, TX
Posts: 47
Thanks: 16
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Rep Power: 1051
BeanieTX is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Did they do any R&D in regards to the Alpine speaker systems, top on & top off, or did they just add a bunch of speakers randomly?


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #330  
Old 05-25-2014, 12:29 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 58
Thanks: 4
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Rep Power: 1052
RacecarBMW is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowing View Post
The Alpine update with 8 or 9 speakers is interesting. I really wonder what that consists of. It might become a new way to upgrade the old Alpine setup eventually if know what is there. After all, the head unit is still the same one.
Me too, I'm looking forward to how to finding out how difficult it would be to retrofit this new sound system on a pre-2014 model and how much it would cost.
Reply With Quote
  #331  
Old 05-25-2014, 05:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 94
Thanks: 63
Thanked 31 Times in 28 Posts
Rep Power: 1093
geoffmarton is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacecarBMW View Post
Me too, I'm looking forward to how to finding out how difficult it would be to retrofit this new sound system on a pre-2014 model and how much it would cost.

Probably more than it would cost to do a nice aftermarket setup, and do it right.


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #332  
Old 05-25-2014, 05:23 PM
Numbercruncher's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 201
Thanks: 75
Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 1179
Numbercruncher is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Is the new yellow confirmed or alleged? I know Pat and Miley Cyrus are updating the first post with information as confirmed and I have yet to see the Yellow shown.

Thanks.

NC
Reply With Quote
  #333  
Old 05-25-2014, 05:41 PM
Member
My Jeep: 2013 3.6L JK
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Peoria AZ
Posts: 54
Thanks: 7
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Rep Power: 1056
Rocjeepn is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbercruncher View Post
Is the new yellow confirmed or alleged? I know Pat and Miley Cyrus are updating the first post with information as confirmed and I have yet to see the Yellow shown.

Thanks.

NC

Damn... I didn't know Miley Cyrus was that into Jeeps? Lol
Reply With Quote
  #334  
Old 05-25-2014, 08:29 PM
Numbercruncher's Avatar
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Spokane, WA
Posts: 201
Thanks: 75
Thanked 19 Times in 15 Posts
Rep Power: 1179
Numbercruncher is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocjeepn View Post
Damn... I didn't know Miley Cyrus was that into Jeeps? Lol
Probably a poor attempt at humor at my end. I think they guy's name is Milous and I couldn't help but make a J-Lo out of it. I hope Miley doesn't drive a jeep. She'll tarnish the brand.

NC
Reply With Quote
  #335  
Old 05-25-2014, 09:47 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 63
Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 1066
Rowenb is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Will there be a "confirmed interior colors" portion of the original post or will any new interior colors be listed under new features? Also with order banks opening on 06.06.2014 will the website be updated to show the new models/options at that time? Will the dealership have marketing materials? Just a few questions as we inch closer to the 6th. Keeping fingers crossed for that rubi x red interior option on the 6th. Thanks for any info and all you guys do!


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage
Reply With Quote
  #336  
Old 05-25-2014, 10:34 PM
Yoodie's Avatar
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: New Mexico
Posts: 354
Thanks: 30
Thanked 99 Times in 67 Posts
Rep Power: 1359
Yoodie is on a distinguished road
re: 2015 Wrangler JK Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowenb View Post
Will there be a "confirmed interior colors" portion of the original post or will any new interior colors be listed under new features? Also with order banks opening on 06.06.2014 will the website be updated to show the new models/options at that time? Will the dealership have marketing materials? Just a few questions as we inch closer to the 6th. Keeping fingers crossed for that rubi x red interior option on the 6th. Thanks for any info and all you guys do!


Sent from my iPhone using JeepGarage

If I remember correctly from last year it took quite awhile for website to catch up to new model year. June 6th is when us nerds can order based on the info we have from our friends in the know but the public marketing push happens later; around Labor Day. We might not even have all of the details on the 6th just the main items that will release at order opening. Some of the finer details trickle out after that depending on when things (models/options) open for ordering. Last year for example some colors (copperhead, hydro, granite, & amp'd) and some editions (X, Freedom Edition, Willys) opened later in the year.

Really long story short, we will likely have some but not all info near the opening and if you are really chomping at the bit you might even have to order blind like many did last year ordering a particular color before much more than a paint chip was available to look at.

Smarter nerds feel free to correct what I said above it is based off my memory of last year's flow
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
wrangler, 2015

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community

JeepGarage.org is in no way associated with or endorsed by FCA US LLC. Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram, Mopar and SRT are registered trademarks of FCA US LLC.